Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story  Empty
PostSubject: A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story    A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm

August 31st, 1993

The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, entered the living area of the Alexandrov manor, the look of worry clear on his face.
"Good evening, Mr. Warren-Black," his voice gave a slight tremble as he tipped his hat.

"It's just Warren, but you knew that already. Didn't you, Minister?"

A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story  Tumblr_inline_oydcx0nj5l1rifr4k_540

"Yes, my apologies."
Fudge wouldn't focus on me, his eyes continually scanning the areas around us.

"He isn't here, Cornelius," I sighed loudly, "this again?"
I made my way to the large couches in the center of the room, gesturing him to join.

"May I offer you a cup of tea, Minister?" our house-elf, Blue, began to pour before Fudge could answer.

"Mr. Warren," he began, "I don't believe I have to inform you of the severity of the situation."
His gaze focused on the old photograph on the mantle, on it, a group of young men laughed, standing next to them were Morgan and myself.
"Sirius Black-"

"Do not mention him," my voice was quick, stern, demanding. I couldn't help but notice as Blue began to slowly back away further from us.
I turned to her, showing the award-winning Alexandrov smile I'd mastered, "Blue, would you mind ensuring Elizabeth and Clarisse remain in their rooms? I would appreciate it if the Minister of Magic and I had some privacy," she nodded and quickly set off towards the dormitories.
I turned back on to the Minister, taking a sip of tea that had been poured for me.
"Sirius Black is no danger to my family, Cornelius. He will not harm his daughter, of that I am sure."

Fudge fidgeted with his cup, "but he could contact her, or you. We have taken the necessary precautions with the boy."

Harry, I thought to myself.
"You think he will go after James son, Harry."

Fudge nodded, "yes, after the defeat of You-Know-Who, Black went mad without his master. I need not remind you of the events that unfolded that night."

"I remember," though what I remembered varied from that of the Minister of Magic. Sirius had been innocent, made to look as if he'd been the one to murder the muggles, instead of our old friend, Peter Pettigrew.

"It has also been brought to my attention that a Patronus charm had been cast on the premises just a few days ago, care to explain why?"

My brow raised, "am I to report all magic use within my property to the authorities now?" I crossed my arms, "I don't see how that's any of your business."

"A murderer has escaped Azkaban, Mr. Warren, a murderer you had previously been married to."

"He isn't here, Cornelius," I spat, "I don't know how often I need to remind you of this. I allowed you to place Dementors on my property as a precaution I assumed you'd deem necessary. I allowed those monsters on the grounds, but they are not allowed near my family home and those who live within it. That is why I cast a Patronus, is that answer to your satisfaction?"
The minister nodded, "if you have nothing else, I believe this is goodbye, Minister."
I made my way to the front door, holding it open for him.

"Yes," Fudge stood, "I believe I have overstayed my welcome. One more thing before I go, Nathaniel. When he is found, I just hope that the noble house of Alexandrovs will ensure that he is brought to justice."

"I can assure you, Minister, no blood will be spilled in my husband's name.''
I slammed the door shut before he could answer.

A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story  Tumblr_inline_oydcx4ACDC1rifr4k_540
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net/

A Not So Friendly Visit :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1