Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Approval :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Approval :: DTAC Short Story Empty
PostSubject: Approval :: DTAC Short Story   Approval :: DTAC Short Story EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:41 am

Approval :: DTAC Short Story Spoileralert

It was a cold winter night at the Malfoy estate, the inside of the manor was dark and gloomy except for the sound of laughter that warmed up the atmosphere.

Approval :: DTAC Short Story 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c4d4f754757517a6b344e4e6d773d3d2d3538343231373637312e313533346363313639343732613533653732343230313238393535312e676966

Severus had just arrived for the night’s meeting. He walked through the large front door to see Narcissa there to greet him.
“Where are they?” His speech was slow, his face blank, showing how apathetic he was to Narcissa’s display of anger when he asked the question.

Narcissa bit the inside of her cheek.
“Where they usually are, in Lucius’s study.”

He looked at her for a moment before swiftly turning towards the stairs, he began his ascent when she called out for him.

“Severus,” she took a deep breath, “you don’t think they’re…”

“What they are or aren’t is meaningless to me, Narcissa,” Snape looked down at her, “while I am most sympathetic to your situation there are bigger things to worry about than your marriage.” Without allowing her to say another word he made his way up the last few steps and marched his way down the hall where the laughter intensified.

Approval :: DTAC Short Story 61da806999e9f12ff07e484203a4b779

He walked into the room without knocking to see Lucius and I on his leather couch in front of the crackling fireplace, his hand casually resting on my knee.

I looked back at him and smiled.
“You’ve made it!” I threw my hands up to exaggerate my excitement.

“The Dark Lord will be here soon,” he looked at Lucius’s hand for a moment, I could feel he wasn’t okay with it, “we should head to the grand dining hall before his arrival… but first I need a word with you, Morgan, in private.”

I tilted my head to the side, unsure of what exactly needed to be discussed.

Lucius gave my knee a gentle squeeze before standing, he straightened his robes and took hold of his walking stick.
“Very well then,” he looked at the both of us, also equally puzzled, “try not to keep him waiting.” He took one last look at me before walking out of the study, closing the door behind him.

Approval :: DTAC Short Story Tumblr_inline_p8wac2o2011rrrkde_400

“What’s this about, then?” I raised an eyebrow standing up from the couch, I walked around it and over to Severus.

“The Dark Lord isn’t convinced that you’ve remained loyal to him after his disappearance,” he took a breath, “he wants to know you’d do anything for him, so he gave me the task of rounding up someone close to you, someone who is against his plans, for you to personally… dispose of tonight.”

My heart sank, I took a step back.
“Please tell me it’s not Noah,” my eyes watered, “Severus tell me it’s not him.”

“No, it’s not your precious cousin,” his brow furrowed at my display of emotion, “I managed to convince him that in order to get to Nathaniel we must get rid of all the other aurors in the Ministry.”

“T-then who?”

There was a loud cracking sound that came from downstairs.

“We have to go,” he turned and walked out the door, his long black hair and robes flowing behind him.

“Severus!” I began to hyperventilate, “Severus, who is it!?”

He walked down the stairs without saying a word.

Approval :: DTAC Short Story Tumblr_o5ffttnBnO1vqv1efo6_250

I remained there gripping my hair, I fell to my knees.
“Everything will be okay,” I whispered to myself, “you can’t afford to lose…”

”Do whatever it takes to survive,” my mother’s words echoed in my head.

“You can do this,” my voice trailed off, my vision was blurry, for a moment it felt like time had stopped around me, “you can do this.” My voice was stronger now, more assertive. I looked in the mirror hanging on top of the mantle and wiped my tears away. “Remember the objective, do anything in order to win…”

With a deep breath I turned and made my way downstairs, and over to the dining hall. All the Death Eater sat, leaving the only available seat next to Voldemort himself.

He sat there at the head of the table, his precious Nagini coiled around him as he stroked her head. She looked at me and gave a soft hiss.
“Alexandrov,” Voldemort gave me his ‘best’ smile, “sit.”

I gave a stiff nod.
“Yes, my Lord.” I dragged the chair out attempting to minimize the noise of the legs scraping against the marble floor, I took my seat and looked at him. I could feel Bellatrix shooting daggers at me with her glare from across the table, jealous that the Lord’s attention wasn’t on her.

“Some of you might be aware,” he began, “we recently had a 25 of our own fall into a trap orchestrated by the ministry, I have it on good word that it was all planned by one of Alexanrov’s old classmates.” He looked at me, “Severus tells me you two were very close.”
Voldemort looked at him.
“Bring her in.”

“My Lord,” Severus nodded and stood, he made his way to the sitting room. He muttered under his breath and walked back to us, his wand pointed at the body that levitated behind him. He moved the body to the middle of the table.

My brow furrowed, I looked at him but he refused to make eye contact.

“Lyra Corvus Townsend,” Voldemort spoke, “celebrated auror, and Morgan’s best school mate.” He looked at me, “this is your time Alexandrov, show me how devoted you are to being a faithful servant,” he stood close to me, “kill her.”

Approval :: DTAC Short Story Anigif_enhanced-27716-1432256472-11

“Morgan,” Lyra’s voice was weak, “p-please don’t do this.”

I slowly rose from my chair, my face showing no emotion. I looked into her eyes, they were full of fear and tears, I could feel the terror radiating from her, her weakness.

”She deserves it,” a voice in my head spoke, ”after stealing Remus from you, she deserves to know how it killed you inside.”

“This is how it must be,” I raised my wand.

“I’m sorry!” She cried out.

“Avada Kedavra!” I snarled, her body fell with a hard thud onto the table.

Death Eaters laughed, Voldemort patted my shoulder showing his approval.

“Indeed, this is how it must be,” he grinned evilly, “one by one they fall…”

His words sent a shiver down my spine, reminding me of the dream I had over a decade ago in which Nagini killed my great uncle.
”The bigger they are, the harder they’ll fall…” I thought to myself.

I sat back down and looked at Severus.
”You told him Lyra was my best friend?” I spoke in his mind.

He looked down and gave a slight nod.

”Thank you.”

His gaze went back to Voldemort as he continued the meeting.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, thankful I didn’t have to kill anyone I cared about tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Approval :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1