Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story Empty
PostSubject: An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story   An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 2:29 pm

An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story Spoileralert

Friday, April 6th, 1996

I walked the familiar halls of Grimmauld place, stroking the old flowered wallpaper; memories of my childhood when mother used to drag me to visit her then good friend Walburga Black. I stared up the stairs where her giant portrait hung; last time I uncovered I got a tongue lashing from the Black matriarch.

“Just like your mother,” she hissed, “blood traitors, the lot of you; dirty Alexandrov blood is on your hands.”

She was never the kindest of people.

I made my way to the kitchen and stopped at the doorway as the brightest shade of pink hair caught my gaze. We made eye contact as she sat at the island counter; neither of us said a word, frozen in place.

I inhaled and straightened my posture, and made my way to the refrigerator for some pumpkin juice.

“You’re Morgan, aren’t you?”

My jaw tightened hearing her speak, I closed the door and made my way to the cabinets for a glass.
“What gave it away? The eyes?” My tone was acidic.

Despite this, I heard her give a giggle.
“Well, yes…” I turned around to look at her, “and your bump… also the fact that you walk just like Remus said you did.”

I raised an eyebrow, and put my hand on my belly, feeling Nero pressing against it.
“I take it you’re Nymphadora.”

“Tonks,” she corrected me, “don’t call me Nymphadora, it’s ghastly.”

I couldn’t help but give a faint smirk.
“Tonks…” I leaned back against the counter and took a sip of my drink, “h-how exactly did he say I walked?”

“Pompous enough for people to know not to mess with you,” she began, “but graceful, like you’ve got every step figured out before you even take it.”

“Graceful?” I gave a chuckle, “that’s a new one; pompous I’ve heard from Noah.”

There was silence now, I took another sip from my juice.

“I’ve… I’ve actually been looking forward to meeting you,” she looked down at her hands for a moment before looking at me, “I suppose Clarie has told you?”

“Clarie?” I blinked and shook my head pushing that past, “she’s told me you and Remus have gotten cozy.”

“Is that going to be a problem?” She sat straight, though her eyes betrayed her, exposing her nerves, “him and I, us working together.”

“So long as you don’t get in my way,” I put the glass in the sink, the brushes began to clean it.

“What exactly do you mean by that?”

I turned around in time to see her hair go a faint yellow before going back to pink. I walked over to the island counter in front of her and rested my hands on it as I looked into her eyes.
“I’ve told Remus before that he’s got to move on, and for obvious reasons I’m glad he is. However, he and I have been in this war since before you could even get your first wand, and if he loses track of the goal because of you we’re going to have problems,” I stood up straight again and put both hands on my tum, “as long as that’s clear, everything will flow smoothly.”

She smiled and raised her hands in defense.
“Clear as veritaserum.”

I bit the inside of my cheek as I looked her up and down; she seemed so young, so innocent, so full of happiness… I envied her. I pinched the bridge of my nose.
“Listen, just.. Make him happy, he deserves to be happy…”

Molly walked in.
“To--” She froze seeing me there, “you made it!” She walked over and gave me a hug, “it’s so good to see you again.”

I blinked and hugged her back.
“It’s good to see you too.”

She let go and looked at us.
“Come on you two, the meeting is about to start.”

I nodded and looked at Nymphadora.
“Let’s not keep them waiting.”

She gave me a nod and stood at the door, motioning for me to go first; she made it really hard to dislike her...
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

An Exchange :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1