Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story Empty
PostSubject: Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story   Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:01 pm

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story Spoileralert

I continued to follow Sirius through the stone halls of Hogwarts, effortlessly dodging the professors that walked the corridors after hours.
“Sirius,” I whispered, “will you just tell me where we’re going?” I inched closer to him as professor Dippet walked by.

Sirius ignored me yet again, too focused on not being caught. His determination brought a smile to my face, I hadn’t seen him this excited about something for a long time.
We continued on once the coast cleared, going to the seventh floor of the castle.
“It should be here somewhere,” Sirius didn’t wait for a reply, power walking down the hall.

I stopped, “Sirius Orion Black, where the hell are we going?”

Sirius turned around, meeting my eyesight.
“Trust me,” he reached out his hand.  

I froze for a moment considering what my options were, he’d woken me up in the middle of the night and asked me to follow him, and without hesitation, I said yes. Now, here we were, sneaking around the castle and risking Gryffindor house points, and I had no idea why.  
“Fine,” I took his hand and we were off.  

The area of the school we were in was unfamiliar to me, being with the Marauders I’d explored and almost gotten caught various times.

“I know it’s here,” I heard Sirius say. He made his way towards the large wall, placing his hand on it, “come on.”
The wall answered Sirius’ call as it began to transform into two large walls, decorated in swirls of metal. The doors slowly opened revealing what I had thought was a myth, the Room of Requirement.

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f48613365624f7832685f4a776a413d3d2d3538383332393733342e313533373830653634346432313632313835313739343432353830322e676966

The room was filled with mountains of magical items, “Padfoot? I thought this place was a myth,” Sirius kept on going, barely missing a Celtic tiara that radiated magic.  

“Found it!” Sirius yelled from the other side of the room.

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story LastFlusteredHochstettersfrog-small

Sirius stood in front of a large mirror staring deeply at his reflection, “Sirius, how did you find this place?”

“I found it not long after you and Rowle broke up, my condolences,” laughter followed his last word.  

“Don’t be an ass.”

“But,” he continued, “according to the map, Dumbledore walks into that wall every few nights and just disappeared, so I retraced his steps and for a while, I couldn’t find anything, and then you two broke up. It felt like the room called to me, and then I found the mirror.”

Sirius moved closer, “it’s called the Mirror of Erised,” he pointed at the top, “Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi,

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story A01240e70cfc27ab9ea31ede7c04080ed130c96cr1-482-200_00

“Or, backward, I show not your face but your heart's desire," he finished.

“I gotta say,” I moved closer to him, “never imagined you’d be the studious type.

“I may have bribed a first-year Ravenclaw.”

“Bribed or flirted with?” I crossed my arms and turned to him.

"Would that have mattered?"

That surprised me, "no, I guess it wouldn't."
His attention remained on the mirror, "so, what's so special about this mirror?"

"According to Christopher, it is meant to showcase your deepest desire."

"Then, what do you see?"

He remained silent for a few minutes, staring intently into the mirror.
"I see us," he paused, "Moony, Prongs, Wormtail, Vixen, and you. We're older but together, we're happy, you're happy. I don't need anything else."

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story 7a663f80446c813cda1202c16ac79bb4
Sirius turned to me, "what do you see?"

I followed his initiative, staring at my own reflection, seeing no difference.
"Nothing changed, I just see us," then I noticed it. The versions of us that reflected off the mirror were slightly older, no more than five years. They stood barely inches from each other, whereas Sirius and I standing a couple of feet apart. Our reflections laughed, lacing their hands through one another, I stared at my reflection's left hand and noticed the ring on us."
"I see us."

Sirius nodded, "I love you Noah, that has never changed. I know you and Rowle broke up not long ago, and I don't want to rush you into anything but-"

I found myself grabbing Sirius and placed his lips on my own.
"I love you too."

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story Original

I smiled and kissed him again.
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net/

Inner Desires :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1