Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story Empty
PostSubject: A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story   A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 am

A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story Spoileralert

It was a calm night at the Alexandrov Manor as people began to get ready for bed. Anastasia sat in her room, her newborn daughter Morgan in her arms as she fed from her chest. Vincent and Sahar were giggling together as he spun her around and launched her onto the bed.

“Again! Again!” Sahar would get on her feet and bounce on the bed, jumping as high as she could into her father’s arms, repeating the cycle.

“How do you still have energy? You really are my little lightning bug,” he chuckled as he spun her around for the 15th time.

Anastasia laughed observing them, those two were inseparable. She looked down at Morgan and stroked her cheek.
“My beautiful firefly,” her voice was soft. She looked into her indigo eyes which reflected her own, and suddenly in the connection soft glowing light danced between them. “Vincent,” she spoke urgently, “Vincent, take her.”

Vincent carefully put Sahar on the floor before rushing to take Morgan, he cradled her in his arms looking at his wife.
“What is it?”

Anastasia’s eyes darted around the room, but her stare was blank.
“I…” her brow furrowed, she could see shadows and hear sounds from far away, but she couldn’t get a hold of the message, “I need mum, and grandmama, get them.”

He nodded and placed Morgan down in her crib before running down the stairs.
“Claire! Cassandra!” He called out.

“In my study!” Cassie’s voice echoed through the hall.

Quickly he made his way to the door and caught his breath, Cassandra sat at her desk while her mother Claire sat at the armchair in front of the fire. Cassandra’s large and fluffy quill fluttered about as she wrote on a piece of parchment. She looked up at him through her half-moon spectacles and let go of her quill, which kept on writing without her.

“What is it, my boy?”

“Stassie needs your help with a vision,” he stepped aside, “it seems urgent.”

Claire and Cassandra looked at each other and nodded before walking out of the room without saying a word. The three of them rushed up the stairs- Vincent helping the senior Alexandrov- and made their way towards Anastasia.

“What have you seen?” Claire took her granddaughter’s hand.

“Figures, whispers…” Tears streamed down Stassie’s cheeks, “there’s an overwhelming feeling of sadness…” she squeezed Claire’s hand and outstretched the other to Cassandra, “mother, take my hand.”

She nodded and approached her, taking hold of both her daughter’s and mother’s hands. The three of them closed their eyes and began to chant in unison.
“Par la puissance de trois, ancĂȘtres que nous te demandons, donne-nous l'avenir pour que nous puissions voir.”

“Keep my family safe…” the whispers began to get clearer, ”die for them.”

They tightened the grip of their hands as they focused, more voices coming in.
“Killed her!”
“Need me.”

Anastasia felt like her head was about to explode.

“You’re lying!”

The lights around the room began to flicker, Vincent picked Sahar up in his arms and stood protectively in front of Morgan’s crib. Anastasia let out a shriek that made the infant cry and she buried her face in her hands.

“What the bloody hell is going on?” All eyes fixated on the very pregnant Elizabeth that caught her breath after the hike up the stairs, Edmund stood behind her.

Claire looked at the two of them from head to toe and remained quiet, her lips pursed trying to keep all negative thoughts away from Elizabeth’s legilimancy.

Cassandra looked at her youngest daughter, and at the belly she carried.
“You just might be what we need right now.”

“If three seeing pureblooded Alexandrov woman can’t make this out, what makes you think she could help us?” Claire raised an eyebrow, “her pregnancy visions are foggy at best thanks to the halfb--”

“Mother’s right,” Anastasia interrupted, “sissy, help us, quickly.”

Elizabeth took a deep breath trying to remain calm for the sake of her baby, she sat between her sister and her mother and closed her eyes. They held hands once more before chanting.
“Par la puissance de quatre, ancĂȘtres que nous te demandons, donne-nous l'avenir pour que nous puissions voir.”

The figures that used to be mere shadows began to take concrete shapes.

The setting was familiar to Anastasia, a place she had visited many times before. It was the Black family residence, and they were inside of their dining hall. There stood Vincent with no one else but a rather large snake.

“You are no Alexandrov,” the snake spoke and began to coil around Vincent’s legs, “but still your eagerness to be useful to me pleases me, despite your family avoiding me you come to me willingly… Tell me, Piper, what else are you willing to do.”

“Anything, my Lord…” Vincent took a deep breath, “anything to keep my family safe.”

“Are you willing to die for them?”

“Without a doubt.”

The snake coiled itself on his left arm.
“Welcome to my ranks, Vincent Piper.”

It sank its fangs into his forearm, causing Vincent to scream in pain as it fused with him, leaving behind a mark of a skull and a snake.

The scene shifted to the Alexandrov manor’s backyard where a young woman stood in front of an older looking Vincent. Her red hair and indigo eyes marked her as an Alexandrov.

“You killed her!” She screamed at Vincent, “because of you she’s dead!”

Vincent shook his head, his eyes watered.
“No, Firefly, it is because your mother knew she would die that she asked me to leave, she asked me to join the Death Eaters because she knew you would need me on your side, you and Sahar both.”

“You’re lying!” She sobbed, “you abandoned us!”

“I’m not the only one who knows why I left,” he took a step closer, “ask your aunt Elizabeth, she was there that day, she will tell you.”

“He tells the truth,” Elizabeth walked outside, looking a bit older as well, “we all knew this day would come.”

“And nobody bothered to tell me?!” Morgan shouted, showing off the same mark on her forearm, “nobody cared to prepare me for this?!”

“We needed to let the future take its course,” she looked at her niece, “everything had to happen as it should for the prophecy to come true.”

“Prophecy?” A boy about the same age as Morgan walked out after hearing the shouting, his eyes were indigo too, “mum, what’s going on?”

“Come inside, Vincent,” Elizabeth took a deep breath, “the four of us need to talk...”

They gasped in unison as they were snapped back to reality, they looked at each other in disbelief of all they had seen.

Claire looked at Elizabeth for a moment coming to the realization that there was more to the son she carried than his blood status. This child gave his mother the ability to have visions, this child was going to have indigo eyes. Was Nathaniel going to be the first male seer?

Everyone else’s gaze landed on Vincent, who cradled a fussing Morgan in his arms. Anastasia stood and walked over to him, looking into his eyes.
“Vincent,” her voice broke.

Though he didn’t know what was going on, the look in his wife’s eyes was enough to tug at his heart, his eyes watering as well.
“What happened? What did you see?”

“A sibling bond forged by love,” everyone turned to look at Elizabeth, her hands on her belly as she stared into the void, her voice sounded different, like it wasn’t her at all, “twin destinies that connect their paths. One shall live in darkness, the other shall live in light, but it is only together that they win the war.” She shut her eyes tight and gasped feeling a popping sensation within her, she looked down to see her clothes were wet.
She looked at Edmund, her eyes filled with urgency, “it’s time to go,” her voice was back to normal.

“I’ll meet you there, darling,” Cassie kissed both of Elizabeth’s cheeks before helping her up.

Edmund took her hand and guided her out of the room.

“Is anyone going to tell me what’s going on?” Vincent grew impatient.

“Nathaniel and Morgan are connected,” Claire spoke up after careful thought, “I believe they will both be seers…” She looked at him, “it seems Morgan will be the one to walk in darkness but for who exactly is unclear… What is clear however is that you will be there to guide her through it.”

“Show me,” he looked at his wife, “show me what you saw.”

“Mother, could you please take the girls to Sahar’s room?” Stassie kept eye contact with him, knowing from now on every moment she could gaze into his eyes was precious.

“Come now, little ones,” Cassandra took Morgan from Vincent’s arms and took hold of Sahar’s hand, “time for bed.”

“But I’m not tired!” Sahar protested, dragging her feet. Cassie dragged her out of the room, Claire closed the door behind them.

Anastasia gently cupped Vincent’s cheeks and kissed him deeply before pressing her forehead against his, allowing him to see the visions she received. The images that flashed before him destroyed him, the thought of him leaving his family too hard to bear.

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest.

“A dark future awaits our family,” she allowed herself to cry onto his shirt, “but it’s all a means to an end, we just don’t know what that might be yet.”

Vincent shook his head.
“No, I refuse, there has to be another way.”

“There isn’t,” she took a step back, “didn’t you pay attention? The reason you need to go is that I will be murdered, and she will be forced to join the Death Eaters… you need to be there to protect her,” she took a deep breath, “and if anyone is going to take my life, I want it to be you.”

“Do you realize what you’re asking of me, Anastasia?!” He gripped her arms, “this is insanity!”

“It’s the only way,” Claire spoke up, “if you’re not there to look after her, she could stumble and fail. You need to be there to ensure her survival.”

“What are you willing to do?” Stassie sniffled, “What are you willing to do to keep your family safe?”

Vincent took a deep breath.
“Anything,” he answered begrudgingly.

"Just promise me something," Anastasia's eyes were pooled with pleading tears.

"Whatever you want," Vincent stroked her cheek.

"Don't tell me when the day comes," she shook her head, "don't allow me to make you stay, you leave and you don't look back until our daughters are safe."

Vincent's brow furrowed as he allowed his face to show the sadness he repressed.
"I... I promise."

Anastasia looked into his eyes.
"Swear to it."

“Stassie…”

“Swear to it!” She screamed, her tears dropping to the ground, “please,” she sobbed, “do the unbreakable vow.”

He looked at her for a moment and nodded, he looked at Claire.
“If you could?”

“Of course,” she offered a soft smile before pulling her wand out.

Vincent and Anastasia took hold of their right wrists and Claire pointed her wand, a white glow emitting from the end.

“Do you vow that you will do whatever it takes to keep your family safe?” Stassie began.

“I do,” Vincent nodded, and a white thread of light weaved them together, connecting them.

“Do you vow that when the day comes for you to leave, won’t let us know?”

He tried to keep himself from breaking down.
“I do.”

“Do you vow that when the day comes for me to die, you will be the one to take my life?” She looked into his eyes, letting him know she wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“I-I do.”

“Do you vow to never forget how much I love you?” It was now Anastasia that struggled to keep it together.

“I do.”

“These are the vows you have taken,” Claire moved her wand back, “failure to follow through comes at the ultimate price.”

The light vanished into their skin, leaving only faint scars behind.

They embraced each other and allowed themselves to let out their emotions, crying onto each other's shoulders.

Claire took a deep breath, the scene breaking her heart.
“I will tend to the children so Cassie can head to St. Mungo’s, you two take all the time you need.” She stepped back and turned, making her way out the door, closing it behind her.

“I promise that as long as I am with you I will give you the best life I possibly can,” Vincent sob, “I’ll treat every day like our last, giving you my all.”

“I know you will,” Anastasia nodded, “you always have...”
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

A Twist of Fate :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1