Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU] Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU]   Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU] EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 9:16 pm

Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU] Spoileralert

The Death Eaters rose from the table at Malfoy Manor and one by one they disapparated from the room.

The latest meeting had just finished, Severus spoke to us about a prophecy that “the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord” was approaching. It came as no surprise, I had seen his defeat.

He took one last look at me before he also disapparated.

“Alright, Alexandrov?” Lucius looked at me, I hadn’t realized I was the last person there.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “sorry, just thinking about the prophecy is all.”

“I’m sure something will come to you,” he smirked at me, “as usual.”

I gave him a soft smile.
“I sure hope so, I feel like I’ve got the weight of his success on my shoulders,” I spoke referring to the boy I had seen in my visions.

“You’re our biggest weapon,” he approached me, “you give us the upper hand, just as you will this time. I can tell the freedom of the Wizarding World is close.”

I chuckled, and cleared my throat.
“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” I gave him a nod, “I’ll follow your advice and head home, perhaps something will come to me in my dreams.”

He looked at me for a moment and nodded.
“I’ll see you later then.”

“See you,” I disapparated and landed in the backyard of the Alexandrov Manor.

Quietly I approached the back door and unlocked it, slowly I opened and closed it so it wouldn’t creak, once I locked it I took a deep breath.

The lights turned on, I quickly turned around to see Remus standing on the other side of the dining room. His arms crossed and his brow furrowed.

“Where have you been?” He wasn’t loud, yet his tone was commanding.

“Remus…” I put my hand to my chest, “you gave me a fright.”

“Where have you been?” He asked, giving pause between his words.

I looked at him for a moment and swallowed hard.
“I- I can’t tell you.”

He took a deep breath and walked over to me.
“Morgan, this isn’t the first time you’ve left the house in the middle of the night,” he looked into my eyes, “you slip out of bed and leave for hours and try to sneak back thinking I wouldn’t notice. I need you to be honest with me, I need to know I can trust you and you’re making that hard for me.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t--”

“Stop,” he gripped my arms, “don’t give me more excuses. We’re in the middle of a war, damn it!”

My eyes watered, I shook my head.
“I can’t tell you.”

“Morgan…” I felt his grip harden.

“I want to tell you, Remus,” I sniffled, “but I can’t.”

“I am your husband!” He yelled at me, his voice booming across the house. I could hear the girls crying in their bedroom. Remus took a deep breath trying to compose himself, “we made vows, Morgan. And if you can’t stick to them then what are we doing?”

I looked at him for a moment, trying to keep my tears from flowing.
“You’re right, what are we doing?”

I could feel my words hit him like a knife to his chest, he let go of me and took a step back.
“Morgan…”

“Goodbye, Remus,” I took one last look into his eyes before apparating to the only place I could think of: The Piper Estate.

Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU] EuKOIn8

Rain lashed upon me, I allowed myself to sob. I ran and pounded on the front door, it didn’t take long for dad to open. I went to him and held him tight, crying onto his chest like a child.

“I can’t go back to the Manor,” I sobbed, “Remus can’t know what I’m doing.”

“It’s okay,” he pulled me inside and locked the door, “this is your home, it always has been.”
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Goodbye :: DTAC Short Story [Possibly AU]
Page 1 of 1