Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story Empty
PostSubject: Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story   Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story Spoileralert

October 28th, 1978

The sun shone brightly into the Piper Estate, the rays bouncing off the lake water into what used to be mom and dad’s bedroom.

I sat there with Clarisse, my little bundle of joy, getting my hair done as I nursed her. I looked into her eyes, those that mirrored my own, and I could feel all the love she had for me. I smiled softly and placed a gentle kiss atop her head.

Sahar put one final flower into my hair and looked at me through my reflection in the mirror.
“You are the most beautiful bride,” her eyes watered, I gripped her hand knowing fully well the thought that ran through her head, “I’m sorry, it’s just—“

“I know,” I stood and walked towards the window, I observed as the backyard was given its finishing touches to become my wedding venue, “they’re all here you know. Mum, grandmama, grandpapa… we can’t see them but they are here.” My eyes watered too.

“They are.”

I turned around and sniffled, smiling brightly at Noah. I looked at him for a moment, he was looking at my general direction but not at me. It was then I felt it, like all the joy in the world radiated into him and out to me. They really were here.

“I’ve got the dress,” Lily walked in and looked at the three of us, “I’m sorry, did I interrupt something?”

“No,” I shook my head before putting Clarisse down in her bassinet, “you arrived at the right time for me not to smudge my makeup.” I chuckled.

“Not in time to save mine,” Sahar took a tissue and began patting her undereye.

“Let’s hope it still fits!” I walked over to Lily and unzipped the bag the dress was in, revealing a gorgeous long-sleeved lace wedding gown. “Alright, team effort!”

Noah sat a bag down on the dresser before walking over to us. I took off my robe and climbed into the dress. Sahar and Lily held it up and against me while Noah zipped the dress up, struggling a bit when he got to my upper back.

“Merlin’s beard…” My face scrunched up as I used all my strength to push back on my enlarged chest, exhaling completely. Once I felt the zipper make its final ascent I took a deep breath, “definitely could have used one more fitting.”

“Just… try not to breathe,” Noah chuckled.

“For the something old…” Sahar walked over and revealed the Alexandrov tiara, passed down through generations when each Alexandrov descendant got married. Grandmama, mum, myself, and someday Clarisse would wear it on her wedding day as well. She gently placed it upon my head.

Noah walked over to the bag on the dresser, smiling brightly, and pulled out a box. “I got you your ‘something new’, I hope you like it. He opened it to reveal a dazzling diamond and amethyst necklace that would have taken my breath away if I had any trapped inside the corset.

“Oh my goodness,” I hugged him tight, “it’s beautiful, thank you!”

He hugged me back, we both remained in our embrace for a couple of minutes, seeming at the moment like we were the only two people in the room. We had learned by now to cherish every precious second between us, we never knew when it would be our last.

“No matter what,” he whispered.

I nodded.
“No matter what.”

He let go of me first and stood behind me. He draped the necklace around my neck and secured it.

“Something borrowed,” Lily excitedly pulled out a long white veil from her purse, the same one she used during her wedding just a few months ago, she was careful when securing it to my hair.

“Something blue,” we all turned to see aunt Elizabeth standing at the door, she gave me a warm smile before walking inside. In her hands a pair of white shoes with a subtle blue back, she knelt down and placed them upon my feet.

Standing up she looked at me and cupped my cheeks.
“You look so much like your mother on her big day.”

I allowed a single tear to escape me.
“Thank you,” I gave her a nod.

“I’ll be out of your hair,” she quickly looked away, “just here to get the little one ready.” She walked over to Clarisse and scooped her up, and quickly made her way to the door.

“Aunt Elizabeth,” I looked at her.

She looked back at me once more.
“Yes?”

“I love you.”

I could feel her emotions change, from anxious to relieved.
“I love you too.” She walked out.

My aunt and I didn’t have the best relationship, but she was still family.

Everyone went off to get ready, I looked out the window as guests arrived, smiling brightly when I saw Remus take his place by the end of the aisle with James his best man.

“We’re ready for you.”

I turned around and saw Regulus standing there. His face turned a light shade of red, he gave a bow and extended his arm to me. I picked up my bouquet, walked over to him,  laced my arm with his, and walked downstairs with him to take our place in the processional.

The music began to play and two by two the march began. Lily marched with Peter, Sahar marched with Ted, Noah marched with Sirius. Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Edmund marched down with Clarisse and Eliza in their arms, serving as flower girl and ring bearer.

“You know,” Regulus whispered once we were alone, “if I had it my way, Remus would be the one giving you away and I’d be waiting down the altar for you,” he smiled at me, “but I’m honored that at least I get to walk down with you.”

I smiled back at him and kissed his cheek.
“I love you, never forget that.”

“I never will,” he kissed my hand.

“Please rise,” I heard the officiant speak, “here comes the bride.”

Music began to play and everyone stood, and then began our march down towards the altar.

All the decorations, the hundreds of flowers that cascaded around us, the guests; none of that mattered anymore once I laid my eyes on my groom. I could feel every one of his emotions mixing with mine as if we were one soul. I teared up, and he teared up, and our gazes never broke. As I walked down the aisle all I could see was him.

After what felt like an eternity I was finally there with him, Regulus took his seat in the front row and Remus took my hands into his.

“Dearly beloved,” the officiant began, “we are here today to join Remus John Lupin and Morgan Elizabeth Piper in a life of mutual commitment. It is fitting and appropriate that you, the family and friends of Remus and Morgan, be here to bear witness to their union. A story of generations bringing us to this moment, the moment in which two families become one in a sacred union. May your union withstand the tests of time, may the love you have for each other never be forgotten regardless of what the future holds.”

“Do you Remus, take Morgan, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?”

“I do,” he spoke quickly without giving it a second thought.

“Do you Morgan, take Remus, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?”

“I—“ a figure behind Remus caught my eye, I glanced and there my father stood. He gave me a nod and a smile, I quickly looked down not wanting to draw attention to him. I took a deep breath and looked into Remus’s eyes once more, trying not to cry. “I do.” I sniffled and smiled.

“The rings, please.”

Edmund handed Cassie over to Sirius before walking over with the rings. Remus took mine first and placed it on the tip of my finger.
"This ring is a token of my love. I marry you with this ring, with all that I have and all that I am, I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you, for as long as I live, no matter what visions may come." He slid it down.

I took his ring and placed it on the tip of his finger.
"Through this ring, I accept you as my husband, now and for all time. I give you this ring, as I give to you all that I am, and accept from you, all that you are. My promise to be yours for as long as I live, no matter what visions may come." I slid the ring down.

The officiant spoke.
"By the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Remus wrapped his arms around my waist and I around his neck, and we kissed fervently as if this had been the first time our lips had met.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you for the first time as husband and wife, Remus and Morgan Alexandrov-Lupin!”

Cheers and applause could be heard, wands were raised causing an eruption of fireworks in the sky.

Remus pulled back and looked into my eyes.
“A beautiful daughter and a wedding later, I still can’t believe I’m lucky enough to call you mine.”

“Well believe it,” I ran my fingers through his hair, “I’ll forever be your Mrs. Lupin.”

“I love the sound of that,” he kissed me once more before picking me off my feet and walking away with me.

I took one more glance to where dad stood before we entered the house, but he was no longer there…
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Vows :: DTAC Updated & Reposted Short Story
Page 1 of 1