Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

A Means to an End :: DTAC AU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

A Means to an End :: DTAC AU Empty
PostSubject: A Means to an End :: DTAC AU   A Means to an End :: DTAC AU EmptyWed May 13, 2020 7:26 pm

I held my daughter tight to me, cradling her on one of the benches at the Great Hall. She cried onto my chest as I stroked her hair. Before us were all the dead, I couldn’t bear to look at them, I couldn’t force myself to look at Remus’ corpse just a few feet away from me.

“I know, I know…” I whispered into her ear, “it’ll all be okay, you just have to be strong for yourself and for little Freddie.” I closed my eyes and reached down deep inside of me at what little happiness I still had left. I pressed my forehead against hers and allowed it to flow through her. “You will be okay.”

Clarisse looked up at me and wiped her tears away.
“I know, I know it’ll all be okay it’s just… I wish there was more I could have done.”

I felt a pain in my chest, but I kept my composure. I kissed the top of her head and stood.

“Where are you going?” Her face filled with confusion.

“I need some air…” I stood and keeping my head down I walked out of the Great Hall, my blazing hair and robes flowing behind me.

A Means to an End :: DTAC AU Tumblr_inline_odnfwibTqG1rifr4k_500

Once out of sight, I ran. Ran as fast as I could down to the Entrance Hall and out to the Forbidden Forest. I fell to my knees and held myself tight.

A Means to an End :: DTAC AU Tumblr_inline_odng4qKDHx1rifr4k_500

Though all happened as it should have, I felt like I -not Voldemort- had caused all of this. I let all those people die, I let my friends and family die, I could have stopped it but I didn’t. Had I become worse than the very being I tried to destroy? I knew I did the right thing, the Wizarding world was safe once more.

“It is done…” I spoke to myself, knowing very well that all I did was a means to destroying the darkest wizard in modern history.

Everything I did was the right thing to do, even if it killed me inside. It did kill me inside...

Now everyone that was left could live happy lives without the threat of death breathing down their necks. My father, my children, Noah…

He was still alive, I could feel him, I could feel every ounce of sadness that went through him.

"The next time I see you in this house, I'll kill you myself."

The last words he said to me buzzed through my head. In order for Noah to be completely happy, I needed to be out of the picture.

Noah could live a happy life, Noah could have a happy family. What I wanted most in the world was his wellbeing, no matter the cost.

“It is done…” I said to myself once more, the tip of my wand slowly rising to my temple, “it is done…”

“Morgan!” I heard him shout in the distance, I could hear his footsteps in the grass, I could feel desperation radiating from him, “NO!”

“Avada Kedavra,” I whispered.

Noah’s eyes widened as the flash of green took over his cousin’s body, he observed it fall as if time had slowed down.
“NO!” He screamed, running towards her. He cradled her in his arms, and held her close as tears streamed down his face, “I’m sorry.”
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

A Means to an End :: DTAC AU
Page 1 of 1