Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Hello My Love :: DTAC 2020 Short Story Repost

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Hello My Love :: DTAC 2020 Short Story Repost Empty
PostSubject: Hello My Love :: DTAC 2020 Short Story Repost   Hello My Love :: DTAC 2020 Short Story Repost EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 2:31 pm

“Are you sure you’ll be alright, sissy?” Elizabeth stood at the door of her sister’s bedroom. Feeling tired of the day’s events, funerals had a way of sapping the energy out of you.

Anastasia nodded, going through pages of the family scrapbook. Pictures of her, Elizabeth, Edmund, Noah, Morgan, a few of Vincent, some of Elya; nearly in every single one Cassie stood smiling, proud of the family that surrounded her. A lone tear escaped her, quickly she wiped it away and nod.
“We’re used to pain, aren’t we?” She gave her sister her best sympathetic smile, “Alexandrovs are born from pain, like a phoenix from the ashes,” she nodded, “I’ll be alright.”

Elizabeth didn’t seem entirely convinced, but she nodded anyway.
“If you need me, just shout.” She closed the door behind her.

Anastasia took a deep breath and stood up from the bed, her senses telling her to move towards the window. She opened it and took in the cool September breeze, she closed her eyes and grinned.
“Hello, my love. What took you so long?” She opened them, and before her was her husband looking just as handsome as she remembered many years ago, though his face showed immense sadness.

“Stassie,” his eyes watered, “I’m so sorry.”

She shushed him and pulled him in, she walked over to the record player and cranked it before putting the needle down, a soft melody began to play.
“I’ve missed you,” she looked at him and extended her hand.

Looking into her eyes he couldn’t help but melt, his fire-y and defiant wife, the one he felt he brought so much pain and suffering to; she stood there ever so beautiful and content as if nothing had ever happened. He took her hand and placed a soft kiss upon it before pulling her to him, they began to sway to the music.

It was a few minutes before their silence was broken.
“My rose,” he whispered into her ear, his voice breaking lightly, “they want to come after you.”

“I know,” Ana rested her head on his shoulder as they danced.

Vincent cleared his throat.
“I won’t be able to stop them.”

“I know,” she replied once more.

His embrace tightened around her.
“Will you survive?”

She pulled away from him to look into his eyes, she smiled to him and ran her fingers through his hair before kissing him deeply. She then rested her forehead against his, still moving to the music, she closed her eyes.
“We’ll be reunited again, decades from now when all is over, in a place where we’ll know nothing but peace. This isn’t the end of our story.”

“Anastasia…”

“Please Vincent, just hold me.”

Vincent tried his best to keep his composure, he kissed the top of her head and held her close.
“I love you, Mrs. Piper.”

“I love you too,” she buried her face on his chest to hide her tears, holding him tight.

He winced, recognizing the painful burning on his arm. He was being summoned.

“Protect her.” Anastasia whispered.

Vincent took a deep breath.
“Always.”

He then disappeared in a puff of black smoke, leaving Anastasia behind with her arms wrapped around herself. She took a deep breath and walked towards the window, once more taking in the breeze, before she closed it and walked to her bed. She lay there, silent tears streaming down her cheeks, until the emotional exhaustion took over her forcing her to sleep…
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Hello My Love :: DTAC 2020 Short Story Repost
Page 1 of 1