Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 am

How was any of this even possible? The school should be one of the safest places on earth but there he stood. His smile seemed charming, I might have actually thought he was attractive if I didn't know who he was. I looked around trying to find Morgan who had seemed to vanish into thin air.

"Morgan!" I yelled.

"Relax, Noah. It's just you and me here." The voice sent a chill down my spine. It wasn't His voice but this person had the power to cause every fiber of my being to tremble. I turned to face him, even after all this time he still looked the same.

"Uncle Vincent. Where's Morgan?"

"She's safe. I would never let anything happen to her." he slowly approached me.

"Depulso!"
A blazing white light sent my uncle flying. Before he could hit the ground his body erupted into black smoke, circling the area around me. I blasted every spell I knew.
"Where is she?!" I continued conjuring every spell and curse I knew.

"I've already told you, she's in safe hands."

"Bullshit! Confringo! Descendo!" lights flickered from my hand fading into the never ending darkness.
"Fight me coward!"

"I won't fight family."

That was all I needed.

"Legilimens!" I yelled.

I was at the Alexandrov manor, the backyard where Morgan's tree house stood. What had happened? I'd meant to stun my uncle, not come home.

"Please, not her." I a voice whisper.

"I've been told her powers will grow immensely." This voice, His voice made me stop in my tracks.

"We agreed that'd you'd leave my family alone if I helped you with that old hag Smith's murder by messing with her elves memory." my uncle yelled.
He looked different, younger even. He didn't wear rags and was clean shaven, like when we'd seen him last.

"You hand over the child, or…" Voldermort;s smile made my skin crawl.
"Your wife."

My uncles eyes widened. Quickly pulling his wand and pointing towards the young wizard.

"Do not threaten my family Riddle."

Everything evaporated into black smoke leaving me back on school grounds, this time the Grand Hall.

"Gryffindor!" the Soarting Hat yelled.

What was going on?

"Alexandrove, Elizabeth!" My head jolted at the sound of my mothers name.
A young girl with fiery red hair walked over towards the hat.
"GRYFFINDOR!"

"So that's your little sister? Hey, Anya! We're talking to you!" the kids from the Slytherin table attempted to get the attention of the other red haired girl on their table.

"Yes, Vincent. That is indeed my sister, there is no need to remind me." she pushed a lock of her red hair behind her ear and continued to scribble in her book.

Once again everything evaporated into smoke, this time leaving me in the pitch blackness.

"Hello? Where the hell did he go?"

From the far I could make out shapes. I paced towards them, from the distance I could she Morgans red hair as well as a blonde.

"Morgan!" I yelled.
She didn't respond.
"God Damn it! I'm over this! Incendio!"

Lucius turned before the spell could hit him, effectively protecting himself.

"Malfoy?" I said.

Beside him Voldemort and Morgan. I ran, as fast as I could. Pulling Morgan from the floor.

"What'd you do to her?!" I yelled.

"Nothing, she fainted as soon as I got here." Malfoy said.

"She won't join you, I won't ever let that happen."

Voldemort looked at me, his smile causing the fire within me to stir.
"She will have no choice. The two of you will soon see the possibilities."

Voldemort pulled his wand out of his robed, lifting it towards us. I held Morgan tighter.
"Finite."

My eyes fluttered open and my rose in a jolt. I was back in the Quidditch Pitch. Everyone seemed to be asleep on the grass. I grasped Sirius by the shoulders a jolted him awake.
"Sirius! Wake up please!"
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net/
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 pm

I closed my eyes trying to tune to Noah, it wouldn't work. I couldn't see him, I couldn't see what he saw, I couldn't even feel him. I opened my eyes to see Voldemort smiling at me, a terrible handsome smile laced with venom.

Next to him was no other than my father, I struggled to go over to him, but two figures apparated next to me and held me tight. One of them I recognized as Abraxas Malfoy.
"Let go of me!" I shrieked. Tears threatened to leave my eyes but I wouldn't allow them to, I wouldn't let them see my weakness.

Vincent's face turned into one of pain and sadness.
"Firefly, please--"

Voldemort chuckled.
"Piper, I think you'd best go calm down your nephew. His attempts to break through are quite annoying."

Vincent kept his gaze on me, I could see in his eyes that he felt regrets.
"Yes, m'Lord." He said with hesitation and went through the thick black fog over to the other side.

I felt the other person who was holding me stiffen, a tear escaped from their hooded face. I tried to look under the hood but it was too dark.

Voldemort hadn't seemed to notice; he held my face firmly so I could only look at him.
"This is why I have chosen you, as much as you want to cry your pride and rage do not allow you too. Feel this rage, Miss Piper, let it consume you." He rested his forehead against mine, and grinned. "Such power in such a young woman, too bad your mother went mad, the two of you together would have been... extraordinary."

"I know, right?" The hooded figure let go of me and pointed their wand at him before taking their hood off. It was mom. "Step away from my daughter."

"Ah, Anastasia how lovely for you to join us!" Voldemort stood straight and took his wand out.

"My Lord," Abraxas quipped.

"Do not intrude, Malfoy." He smiled wickedly, "I can handle this."

Abraxas hesitated but knew better than to disobey him. He still held on to me, not budging.

"Are you not going to bow, Alexandrov? It's polite to bow before a duel you know." Voldemort chuckled.

"I do not bow to those who are below me," Anastasia looked at her daughter. "My love, this is not real. Do you understand?"

"Not at all," I raised an eyebrow.

"All of this around you, no matter how much you feel it, is not real. We're not--"

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort shouted, the blast of green light shooting through Anastasia's chest.

"Mum!" I shrieked. Everything around me disappeared "Mum!" I shrieked again, I could feel someone hold me tight, it sounded like Noah but I still couldn't understand him. Another voice spoke and I blacked out.

Then I felt as if the oxygen were finally restored to me, I sat up and looked around; my vision blurry. I could still feel Noah's grip on me.

"This is not real..."

I heard my mother's voice echo in my mind. I tried to catch my breath.
"It's not real," I muttered to myself, "it wasn't real. None of it was real." I wiped my tears away, "it wasn't fucking real..."

"Sirius! Wake up, please! I heard Noah, having rushed over to him, finally being able to understand his words.

I looked around; James, Sirius, Peter and Remus were all lying on the ground.
"It wasn't real." I kept telling myself as I stood up. "Aguamenti," I pointed at them, waking them up.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Sirius said, rubbing the back of his head. "I feel like I was beaten with a ton of bricks."

Peter vomited behind me.
"Oh..." Was all he was able to mutter.

"Scourgify," I pointed my wand at the vomit and it cleaned up.

"Anyone care to explain what happened?" James asked, already on his feet. He helped Peter up.

"I would, but I don't know how that was possible." I said dusting myself off, trying to process everything. "Are you okay, Noah?" I looked into his eyes, then at the ground. "I couldn't feel you..." I took a deep breath and ran a hand through my hair, with a gulp I exhaled and looked at him again, "I-I saw mum get murdered."

Last edited by Moonshine on Tue May 03, 2016 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:48 pm

I sat on my bed starring into a crystal ball that only showed me one thing, my own reflection.

A week had passed since our encounter with the Snake man, a week since Morgan had seen her mom die, a week since I felt safe within my own mind. Nothing felt safe anymore, Voldemort could get into our heads without blinking and eye but I couldn't focus enough to see his plans on the ball.

Grams always made this Seer thing sound less difficult than it actually was. She'd effortlessly gaze into it and tell us who'd win the Quidditch cup before the teams were ever even announced.

I grasped the crystal ball harder, starring at it with full focus, trying and failing to see future events.

"God, damn it!" the ball made a loud clunk sound as it hit the wall on the other side of the dorm room.

Sometimes it was nice to have the room to myself, skipping classes wasn't a normal thing for me but after the last few weeks classes just didn't seem that important.

Closing my eyes I focused on the things that would normally make me happy.

My Mum and Dad.

Fireflies.

Sirius' smile.

Going on adventures with Morgan.

Morgan...

I hadn't hardly spoken to her since the Quidditch Pitch and our run in with Him. I needed to do something, change future events somehow.

Other images flooded my mind.

My aunt dying.

Lily and James laying on the floor dead.

Sirius' wanted poster.

The boy with the lighting scar.

I could feel the tears begin to fall.

"What am I going to do?" I didn't try to hold them back. I began sobbing into my knees.

"Since when does crying solve anything?" said an unfamiliar voice.

Before me stood a girl, her long blonde hair and emerald eyes caught me off guard.

"Who are you?"

"Names Cassie, pleasure."

I couldn't help but stare at her. She seemed so familiar and yet I knew I hadn't ever laid eyes one her.

She grabbed the crystal ball off the floor and brought it back to the bed.

"You've been doing this all wrong. The future is ever changing, any decision you make now affects it in different ways. Focus on what you can do and not what you will do."

Without a second thought I grabbed on the ball. I once more held it tightly and focused.

What can I do to help?

How can we change things?

Mist began surrounding the interior of the orb. Slowly it began to the fog began to spin forming what looked like letters.

L-O-V-E

"It say's love... What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I stared at into her green eye, her gaze shared one that reminded me of my mother.

"Love is the answer. That is how you win." Her smiled seemed sincere but with a touch of mischief.

"You're bonkers." I replied.

"In this family, who isn't?" She stood, placing the crystal ball on my nightstand.

"Go to your friends. They need you... She needs you."

With no hesitation I headed towards the door. I turned wanting to ask her who she was and why she looked so familiar to me but as I stared into the room, it was empty. No one was in there but me.

"Cassie... I'll remember that." I closed the door and headed towards the Great Hall.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 am

I nudged Lucius, whom was next to me dozing off, causing him to jerk awake. I didn't blame him, Professor Binns wasn't exactly the most exciting professor in Hogwarts, neither was the class. Had to admire his dedication though, he's been dead for four years and still came to class every day... and bore us.

I scribbled on my notebook so Binns would think I was taking notes, my head propped up on my hand, today's class was on Helga Hufflepuff and her contributions to the wizarding world. I sighed, out of all the subjects they could have been discussing, it had to be Hufflepuff.

"Miss Piper," Binns said slowly in his monotone voice.

"Hm," I looked up at him.

"I've been silent for three minutes," He drolled, "but you remain writing on your notebook. It seems perhaps you know quite a bit of Helga Hufflepuff yourself, tell me, what was she famously known for?"

I blinked and shrugged.
"Uh... the invention of bubble juice?"

Bellatrix hid her head in her arms, trying her best not to laugh.

"Five points from Slytherin for sarcastic humor, miss Piper." Binns returned to his 'History of Magic' book. "Hufflepuff was noted for her skill in food-related charms, many of her recipes are actually still in use in Hogwarts..."

And off he was again, reading non stop.

It seemed like an eternity before the bell tolled, and even then as students exited the room he kept on reading.
"Poor bloke," I muttered as I left.

The rest of the morning classes went pretty much the same, except for Divination.

I saw Adriana Porter walk in and put her books on Professor Trewlawney's desk. I raised an eyebrow.
"Good morning, class!"

"Good morning..." The class said, confusion evident in their tone.

"I know you're probably thinking what the heck I'm doing here instead of my usual classroom teaching Astronomy," she smiled at the class and winked at me, "it seems that Samantha Trelawney is indisposed at the moment and had to go home."

She waved her hand and several bowls filled with water levitated to each table.

"Today we are learning to water scry. Basically, you would fill a bowl with water and dip your wand in it, run your wand around the rim of the bowl and listen to the resonations. Some people hear voices clear as day, while some will hear high and low sounds. If you're one of the later, high pitches should indicate a yes to your question, while low sounds indicate no." She snapped her fingers and the curtains shut, she snapped them again and the room was now illuminated by candle light. "If you cannot hear anything, it might be that there is nothing to be told at current time; do not worry, this exercise won't affect your grades or house points. Begin."

I looked at my bowl and stared at my reflection in the water before dipping my wand in, then I ran it along the rim.

"Love," I heard a whisper coming from my bowl, "love will doom you."

I stopped moving my wand and blinked.
"Love will doom me?" I whispered and bit my lip before running my wand again.

"By love you live, by love you'll die..." I heard the whisper again, this time it sounded louder though nobody seemed to notice. "Love will betray you... Your love will murder you... Love is how you lose..." My heart wanted to beat out of my chest, I kept running by wand but the whisper wouldn't continue, all I could hear was the low hum of my wand scraping against the ceramic bowl.

I could feel Adriana was looking at me, so I looked at her. With her finger she signaled for me to go over to her, so I did.
"What did you hear?" She whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, just humming..." I lied.

Adriana raised an eyebrow and sighed.
"I want to meet up with you and Noah later, in my office. Go after lunch."

I nodded.

"You're dismissed." She gave me a faint smile.

I sighed and grabbed my things before leaving the classroom. Today seemed like such a long day.

As I made my way to the Great Hall I couldn't help but think of what happened a week ago when Voldemort somehow managed to get into Noah and I's minds; I kept remembering the green light hit my mother's chest making her disappear. I had sent aunt Elizabeth a letter but had received no reply, and Dumbledore hadn't been in Hogwarts the entire week; something having to do with a trial at the Ministry. To top it all off, Dumbledore had improved his anti apparition charm so Noah and I couldn't leave when we fancied. We were trapped here at Hogwarts.

When I entered the Great Hall I looked at both the Gryffindor and Slytherin tables, not sure whom I was in the mood for. Lucius waved at me from his seat, that made my decision easy. I went over to the Gryffindor table and sat in the corner, away from the other people sitting there, and looked at the food. I should have been starving, seeing as I hadn't had breakfast, but nothing really looked good to me, specially not after Divination.

I sighed, staring at my empty plate, things really seemed to be going downhill for Noah and I...
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 am

I was never late for class.

I may have broken a few rules and maybe some laws (becoming an illegal unregistered Animagus is no easy task) but skipping class was a huge taboo for me. Even Sirius Black couldn’t make me miss today's lesson.

Professor Slughorn would be teaching us how to make Felix Felicis, liquid luck.

If anything would help us face the Snake Man it would be liquid luck.

“Voldemort.” Saying his name sent a shiver down my spine. The name would one day stir fear into the hearts of wizards and witches everywhere.

Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

The words floated around my head, they were too wise to be my own thought.

After running through hallways, a ghost and a small hole in the wall I was finally outside the potions room with minutes to spare. I let myself in and found my usual spot next to Remus.

“You’re late.” He whispered. I grabbed my copy of Advance Potion Making and quill nudging him lightly.

“How does someone his year even get in this lecture? Gryffindork.” I heard Lucius whisper behind me.

One of the perks to being part of a long line of seers is that Morgan and I were almost instantly recruited into the Slugclub, that and my grades made it almost impossible for me not to be part of Slughorns more advanced classes.

I starred at the empty seat next to Lucius, a seat normally reserved for Morgan. If her and I thought alike she would never miss this.

Professor Slughorn made his way into the front of the class, his enormous stomach leading the way.

“Welcome class.” He placed his plate of pie on his desk.

“Who can tell me what we will be discussing today? Mr. Lupin.”

Remus stood, a cocky grin on his face, the way he always looked whenever he had to present in front of the class.
I was almost certain he’d end up teaching one day.

“Today we will be discussing the making and effects of Felix Felicis, more commonly known as liquid luck.”

“Very good Mr. Lupin! 10 points for Gryffindor. Who can tell me what are some of the negative effects of liquid luck?” Slughorn twirled his long silver mustashed and pointed towards Lily.
“Miss Evans.”

Lily stood, quickly glancing behind her to where Snape sat in the back corner and then back at her notes.
“Felix Felicis is known to be extremely toxic in large quantities, if overused it can cause giddiness and reckless behavior and… brewed incorrectly it can be disastrous.” Lily sat back into her seat, clutching her potions text book.

“Very good Miss Evans!” Slughorn, wiping the pie crumbs off his mustache addressed the class.
“As Miss Evans said, this potion is can be disastrous if brewed incorrectly. I myself have used this potion twice in me life and resulting in a perfect day. Mr. Warren, what can you tell me on this topic?”

The hairs on my neck stood. I had done my own research and knew just about everything regarding luquid luck. It would be great weapon against Voldemort.

“Invented by Zygmunt Budge in the 16th century, he deemed it his greatest accomplishment. He called it the crowning achievement of his career.”
Before I could finish I heard Lucius snicker behind me, probably calling me a nerd, Slughorn heard it too.

“Mr. Malfoy, I presume you will be able to tell me what ingredients you will need to create this complex potion.” Slughorns eyes sneered.

Lucius sprung to his feet, manically searching through his text book.
“To make the potion you will need some Ashwinder Eggs, horseradish, squid juice,Occamu eggshells…”

“That’s good enough Mr. Malfoy.” The professor raised his hand, silencing Lucius.
“Felix Felicis takes six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed. I hope everyone has been taking notes as this will make your final grade.”

We all starred at the Professor, there wasn’t a closed mouth in his classroom.

“Professor, if I may. Liquid luck is a highly difficult potion to brew and as Lily said if brewed wrong it can lead to dangerous results.” Remus was now standing in front of all the class.

Slughorn walked towards him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“I expect nothing from the best from my Slug Club. As for the rest of you.”
Sluhorn addressed the class.
“Whoever can provide a perfect brew of Liquid Luck by the semester end will receive  100 point towards their house. Now class dismissed.”
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 4:24 pm

It had been a week since my mother's death, I should have been distraught, wanting to die... But I wasn't, at least not when Katora was around. I grew addicted to her, to the relief that she brought me, being in her presence made me feel calm and loved; I questioned myself constantly as to why I hadn't noticed her before all these years. I chalked it up to her shy personality and my constant hanging out with the Marauders. Why did I waste my time with Remus when this gorgeous woman wanted me for so long?

The faint glow of the sun through the water that reflected through the window gently woke me up, I remained in Katora's arms like when we had fallen asleep. She remained sleeping there, gently breathing, looking peaceful. I stared at her for a moment, getting lost in her beautiful features, she almost seemed too good to be true.

I looked around the dormitory and noticed the beds were empty, I blinked and looked at the clock on the wall; it was nearly time for lunch. We had skipped all of our morning classes.
"Katora," I gently whispered, shaking her softly.

With a deep breath she awoke and looked down at me, a smile instantly gracing her face.
"Good morning, love," she said in her melodious voice, the voice that gave me soft electric waves throughout my body.

"Good morning," I smiled at her and placed a soft kiss upon her lips, "or good afternoon, rather. It's nearly lunch time."

She smirked and covered us with the sheets and positioned herself on top of me. I placed my hands on her hips as I looked up at her, into her beautiful deep green eyes.
"I'm craving something, but it's not food," she smirked and kissed me firmly.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her fervently, on her lips, on her neck, on her chest...

Half an hour later we were ready to go to the Great Hall, we walked hand in hand up the stairs into the common room where Severus placed his gaze upon us.
"There you two are," he said standing up, "you know, next time you two want to perform obscene acts perhaps you should use the muffliato charm so the rest of the common room doesn't have to know what you are up to."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.
"But where's the fun in that, Sevvy?"

Severus looked at Katora, and she looked at him, it seemed they both had reached an unspoken agreement; this caused a pang of jealousy upon me.
"Right," he said slowly, "I took notes in every class cause I knew the both of you weren't going to go, we can go over them after lunch."

"I'm not in the mood for class," I said with a small yawn, "how about we don't."

Katora looked at me and smiled.
"Darling, Severus went through the trouble, least we could do is go over them for a little bit."

And just like that my mind was changed, I smiled and nodded.
"I suppose you're right," I looked at Severus and gave a nod, "after lunch at the library then." Severus and Katora looked at each other once more, my brow furrowed. "Well, let's go then I'm starving," I began to walk, not letting go of Katora's hand.

We reached the Great Hall where everyone had already begun to eat, three spots were reserved for us, I made sure I sat between Severus and Katora, much to Lucius's disappointment.

"Ah, there they are," Bellatrix grinned, "the two love birds finally come down from their nest to join the rest of their flock."

"Aww, did you miss us, Bella?" I smirked.

"Of course, what would I be without my best friends?" There was a slight sarcastic tone to her voice.

I chuckled and shook my head as I served myself some chicken, as I did this I felt Katora tense next to me, I looked at her and took her hand.
"What's wrong?" I whispered to her, concerned.

"I just wish he would stop looking at you," Katora said through her teeth, looking straight at Gryffindor table, "does he not understand that you are mine?"

I looked at the direction her gaze was set in and saw what she meant, Remus remained sitting there, not eating, just staring at us. I placed my finger on her chin and made her look at me.
"It doesn't matter who looks at me," I whispered to her, "it is you I love, Katora." I kissed her lips firmly, then I looked at Remus and smirked; the pain on his face made it clear he received the message.

"Get a room, would ya?" Lucius said, clearly annoyed.

"Jealous, Lucius?" Katora looked at him, smirking.

"Why would he be jealous?" Narcissa quipped, her arms wrapped around him, "he's got me."

"Yes but admittedly you're not as pretty as Morgan," Katora chuckled, people around us 'oohed'.

“Oh dear Katora,” Narcissa smirked, “you’re too in love to appreciate true beauty.”

“I’d say the same theory doesn’t apply to Malfoy,” Katora smirked.

“It just so happens that I think Narcissa is gorgeous,” Lucius said, wiping the corners of his mouth, “I mearly suggested a room because we are eating and don’t need to see your PDA, might upset people’s stomachs.”

“Then perhaps you should tell Narcissa to be mindful of other’s appetites,” I said, an acidic tone to my voice.

“Alright, enough,” Severus rolled his eyes, “you’re acting like children, need I remind you all that we need to be more united now than ever?” Our section of the table went quiet, “we need to stop bickering and join each other for our common cause.”

“Right,” Katora nodded, “Severus has a point, my apologies.”

I raised an eyebrow.
“Common cause?” I looked at Severus, “I think we stopped having a common cause last week.”

Severus looked into my eyes.
“Your mother died, yes, but if you don’t obey it’s your entire family that’s at stake, is that what you want Alexandrov?”

I looked at him for a moment and took a deep breath with a nod.
“You’re right,” I smiled at him, “so yes I suppose we do have to get along now more than ever.”

“Good,” Severus smirked and patted my back, “good to have you back on our side.”

“Indeed,” Bellatrix nodded, “your ties with Lupin and the rest of the Gryffindorks were getting in the way of your true path.”

“To power,” Lucius raised his goblet.

I looked at him an smirked, picking up my goblet.
“To power,” I nodded.

“To power,” everyone said and we clanked our goblets together.

I could feel the judging gazes from the Gryffindor table, I snuck a gaze to Noah whom stared at me with a raised eyebrow, I raised my goblet to him and winked, taking a swig of my juice.

“Nothing and no one will get in our way,” Lucius said as he looked at me.

I looked at him and nodded, smirking.

I felt someone else’s gaze upon me, but it didn’t come from the Gryffindor table, it came from the head table at the end of the hall. I saw Adriana looking at me, she gave me a small nod and a smile; suddenly I didn’t feel so guilty for siding with the Slytherins.

After we were done eating, Katora, Severus, and I stood up and began to make our way  out of the Great Hall. I looked towards the Gryffindor table and saw every Marauder looking at me, Noah’s stare made me feel like he wanted to talk to me. But I didn’t have time to talk, there were more important matters to attend to. We made our way to the library and picked the table at the far corner.

“Muffliato,” Severus whispered, whipping his wand around, several of the students looked around and tugged on their ears, clearly looking confused. “Okay so most importantly,” he opened his notebook and showed us Slughorn’s assignment, “Slughorn wants us to make liquid luck, I suppose I need not explain why this is so important.”

I shook my head.
“We make this and we can do anything,” I grinned.

“Precisely,” Severus nodded, “we drink this and we’re unstoppable; though of course it can be dangerous if drank too often, that’s why we need to pace ourselves when we use it.”

“Aren’t the ingredients rare, though?” Katora looked at the list.

“That’s why you’re lucky to have me,” Severus gave a cocky smirk, “I have connections that can get me all of this.”

“Six months to brew...” I leaned back on my chair and crossed my arms, “we better get started right away then.”

“The Dark Lord wants us to make a statement,” Severus closed his notebook, “Hogwarts is like a heavily secured fortress, we need all the luck we can get.”

“What kind of statement?” I looked at him.

“He wants us...” he looked around, “he wants us to kill a few muggleborns to plant the seed of fear in everyone.”

“Absolutely not,” I shook my head, “I’m not taking part in that.”

Severus gave me a stern gaze.
“This is not just a show, Morgan, it’s a test of loyalty, he’ll be expecting one of the kills to come from you.”

My brow furrowed.
“Fine, but nobody touches Lily.”

“I’d kill anyone who dare,” Severus nodded in agreement, he took out a roll of parchment, “also no Slytherins, the Dark Lord thinks there could be use for those muggleborns in our house, this,” he unraveled it, “is a list of every muggleborn in the school.”

I looked at it.
“Ivan Crowley, he’s the beater from Hufflepuff that keeps trying to hit me with the bludger, ain’t he?”

Severus nodded.
“That’s the one.”

I smiled.
“Brilliant, he’s mine then.”

Katora looked at the list and smirked.
“Virginia Clements,” she looked at Severus, “if we can’t kill Lily, might as well kill one of her best friends and make a point.”

Severus rolled his eyes.
“Virginia it is,” he rolled the parchment up once more, “I’ll be sure to let the Dark Lord know.”

I looked around and though I couldn’t see him, I knew Noah was somewhere listening in, most likely hidden. I looked behind Severus and saw a bit of distortion in the background, I knew that was him. And knowing him he probably got past the muffliato spell. Severus noticed me looking behind him and he looked too, he slowly reached back, probably taking a guess as to what it was I looked at.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, chuckling, “you alright?”

“You saw something,” he looked at me, “something behind me.”

I raised an eyebrow.
“Saw something? No I was just deep in thought.”

“What were you thinking about?”  Severus looked at me sternly.

“We’re going to need a distraction,” I said, not missing a beat, “obviously we can’t just kill students with everyone being able to see it, we also need different wands because as we know they’re going to check every student’s wands for the killing curse.”

“There’s Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder,” Katora quipped, “we can set it off in the Great Hall and kill the students while it’s working, there’s no spell that can dismiss it.”

“And where are we supposed to get that?” Severus raised an eyebrow.

Katora smirked.
“You’re not the only one with connections.”

I chuckled.
“I have an extendable bag, I can carry an owl in it, once the murders are done we release the owl, put the wands in the bag and send it back to the Dark Lord.”

“I’m sure He can send us the wands we need,” Severus smirked, “well done Morgan, I’m sure He will be pleased with you.”

“Anything for the Dark Lord,” I smiled.

“Right,” Severus stood, “well I have class now, I trust you do too, go.” And with that he left.

Katora looked at me.
“We should go to class, we don’t want to seem suspicious.”

I shook my head.
“I don’t feel like going to Divination,” I sighed, “but you can go.”

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” She caressed my cheek.

“Of course,”  I lied, “I don’t want you falling behind in your classes, go.”

She kissed my lips and nodded.
“Alright, I’ll check up on you after.” She got up and left.

I looked at where Noah stood and began to feel sadness wash over me the farther Katora was from me.
“I’m guessing you heard most if not all of that,”  I tried to keep my composure, “have you come to scold me? Convince me that what I’m doing is not what mum would have wanted? What?”
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

After class Remus and I left for the Great Hall, joining the others for lunch.

I stared at Remus’ features, behind all those scars he was rather handsome but looking at in his eyes you could see sadness. He’d just recently lost Morgan and the approaching of the full moon was less than a week away.

“I miss her too.” I said.

Remus remained quiet all through our time at The Great Hall, his gaze never leaving Morgan.

I sat next to Sirius telling all about Felix Felicis, he mostly nodded and ate. Every few second glancing at Morgan.

After Aunt Ana had passed she wasn’t the same. I’d sent an owl to both my mother and Sahar wondering if either of them had foreseen any dark events, I had also spoken to Adriana but all she advised was to allow Morgan the space to grieve.

“Morgan is experiencing a pain that, I predict you will never know.” She would say.

The Slytherin group left the hall and with them Morgan followed, her hand interlaced in Katoras.

“We need to follow them.” I said.

“Say the word and the cloak is yours.” James fixed his glasses and continued his conversation with Lily.

Lily was also recounting the story of our class with Professor Sulghorn to James and Virginia.

My vision darkened, the only clear image was that of Virginia. In a flash of green light she laid motionless on the floor, dead.

Muggleborns. Filthy blood.” The words hissed around my head.

I stood, shaking and trying to catch my breath. Before I could register the people surrounding me I felt Sirius pull me in and whisper into my ear.
I clungged to Sirius and looked at James.
“I need the cloak.”

I headed over to the dungeon and whispered the password.
Morgan sat in the corner with the rest of the Slytherins, her gaze focused on Katora.
I got close just in time to nearly be hit by Severus casting his Muffliato charm.

“The Dark Lord wants us to make a statement,” Severus closed his notebook, “Hogwarts is like a heavily secured fortress, we need all the luck we can get.”

“What kind of statement?” Morgan looked at him.

“He wants us...” he looked around, “he wants us to kill a few muggleborns to plant the seed of fear in everyone.”

My heart sank.
Surely he must have been joking, I thought.
Katora looked at the list and smirked.

“Virginia Clements,” she looked at Severus, “if we can’t kill Lily, might as well kill one of her best friends and make a point.”

In that instance my vision made sense. Katora was to kill Virginia after using instant darkness powder.

I gently reached for my wand, grasping it firmly in my hand.
Morgans head shot up, starring directly at me.
I cursed under my breath, she knew I was there.
Severus turned, reaching towards me. I stepped back just barely missing his grip.

This entire conversation was making me sick. There was no possible way Morgan was actually thinking of murdering students, she was one of the good guys, she was an Alexandrov.

Morgan starred at me, her facial expressions saddened instantly.
“I’m guessing you heard most if not all of that. Have you come to scold me? Convince me that what I’m doing is not what mum would have wanted? What?” Morgan seemed to smile.

I reached out and grabbed her arm, in the blink of an eye we were at the Shrieking Shack.

Morgan starred around her confused.

“You aren’t the only one with connections, cousin.” I placed the cloak on a nearby chair, tightening the grip on my wand.

I turned and faced Morgan, her wand now on her hand. I stared into the eyes that mimicked my own.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Is this what you call grieving?’’ I circled her, monitoring her wand arm and preparing for an attack.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 5:58 pm

My heart raced, Katora was miles away, I’d never been this far from her since we began to date. I gripped my wand tightly trying to drown my anxiety and mold it into strength.
“You have no idea what I’m going through, Nathaniel,” I managed to spit out, my voice too acidic, “of course I don’t blame you, you’ve had your perfect family, both your parents and little Willamina too young to even grasp what is happening,” I chuckled loudly, “how nice must it be to be so jaded by your life that you don’t care to comprehend the pain of others.”

”Kill him,” a voice in my head said.

I closed my eyes and shook my head.
“No,” I whispered to the voice, I opened my eyes to see Noah circling me, his wand at the ready for an attack. I looked into his eyes and my brow furrowed, was he going to kill me?

”He won’t let you live,” the voice said, ”as long as you’re loyal to the Dark Lord he won’t let you leave this room unharmed.

“He would never,” I said out loud, causing confusion in Noah, I saw him raise his wand, so quickly I flicked mine, “experliarmus!”

“Protego!” Noah swished his wand, my spell bouncing back to me, launching me to the other side of the room.

My eyes were wild in frustration in desperation, wide as they observed his every move.

“Morgan,” he said, his stance still defensive, “I don’t want to fight you.”

”He’s lying,” the voice egged me on.

I looked at him, a wicked smile lifted my cheeks, quickly I got to my feet.
“Then don’t,” my smile faded, “sectumsempra!”

“Protego maxima!” Noah’s face was of disbelief, “Morgan it doesn’t have to--”

“Flippendo!”

Noah’s words were interrupted by the spell, which knocked him up in the air and caused him to land with a hard bang on the floor.
“Stupefy!”

“Protego!” I swished my wand violently.

“It’ll never end, Morgan,” Noah said scrambling to his feet, “we’re too evenly matched, this could go on for hours.”

“Cruccio!” I shouted, Noah began to scream in pain, my heart began to race and I snapped out o it, “cruccio!” I cried, looking at him gasping for breath on the floor, “Noah,” I sobbed, “I’m so sorry, I--”

“Petrificus totalus!” He groaned, and I fell to the ground, frozen.
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Breathing became hard.
Even the smallest of movements cause my body to scream in pain.

I could feel the blood run down my arm, the wound inflicted by Snape reopened probably due to the dark magic.

I lay with my back on the wall of the Shrieking Shack starring at Morgans frozen body in front of me.

She cursed me.I thought.

Morgan had used the Cruciatus curse, an act that could get her sent to Azkaban.

She deserves it. I quickly shook the thought out of my head. She was still my family.
I fumbled around for my wand, even reaching the short distance caused me to grit my teeth in pain.

“Expecto Patronum.” The familiar large dog materialized before me. “Get him. Bring him here.” My patronus barked and ran out the door.

My attention reverted back to my cousin. I wasn’t certain people who were petrified could cry but it appeared as though Morgan did.

I attempted to make myself comfortable, while we waited but every movement still hurt.

“You brought this on yourself, ya know? We aren’t supposed to allow our families history to repeat itself! You’re just like your father. I guess the apple really doesn’t fall far from the tree.” The words tasted like acid. I could hear faint footsteps coming up the stairs.
“Morgan, listen to me. I will stop Voldemort, even if it takes my own life. I’ll take down anyone who stands in my way. Even you.”

My patronus phased through the door and not long behind probably the last person I ever wanted to see. His face crunched in a probably permanent face of disgust.
“Your mut better not have ruined my clothes Gryffindork or my father will…”

“Shut the fuck up Malfoy.” Lucius mouth began to form a sentence when he noticed Morgan’s body.

“You killed her.” He gasped.

“I’m fine, thanks. She’s petrified actually. Take her back to the castle. Make sure she taken care of.” It took almost all of my energy to stand. Lucius lifted her, placing one arm around her waist. “And Lucius? When she wakes, please tell her that if she comes anywhere near me or my friends it’ll be her one way trip to Azkaban.”

Lucius starred at me, probably wondering if I was kidding.

I swore upon my families legacy that if Morgan ever had to be brought down it’d be by my hand.

Once Lucius was out of hearing range I shifted by focus to my patronus who had nestled himself up to my leg.
“Get the others, tell them where I am.” He barked before once again phasing through the door.

I took a deep burning breath before allowing exhaustion to take over and for the who knows which time this year, I fainted.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 pm

The Marauders ran into the Shrieking Shack, brooms in hand, following the unmistakable Patronus.

"Noah!" Sirius shouted as he walked into the room, he ran to his boyfriend and examined him, a look of horror upon his face seeing the wound in Noah's arm was open once more, "he's hurt, we need to rush to the hospital wing."

"Right," James said and took out his wand, "episkey," he said aiming it at the wound, seeming to slow down the blood flow.

The four of them flew out of the Shack, Sirius holding tightly onto Noah.

"Pomfrey!" Sirius shouted when they flew in.

"No shouting in the Hospital Wing, Mr. Black!" She said walking out of the office, "how ma--" She shut up when she saw Noah's state, "that bed, now." Quickly Sirius placed him on the bed, Pomfrey went back to her cupboard to get potions, "what happened? I thought this wound had completely closed?"

"We don't know," Remus said, trying to keep his composure, the moon was making him sick, "we found him... in the astronomy tower," he lied, "he was passed out and bleeding when we found him."

"Morgan happened," Adriana said walking into the Hospital Wing.

"Morgan?" the four of them asked.

"My vision arrived when it was too late," she gave a sigh, "Morgan and Noah dueled, the reason why I do not know, but it seems Morgan had the upper hand..."

"That makes no sense," Sirius shook his head, "Morgan would never attack Noah, he would never attack her..."

"I'm afraid Morgan isn't herself."

"I'll say," Remus said through gritted teeth.

Pomfrey walked over to Noah and placed a potion soaked cloth under his nose, causing him to wake up.
"There, now you can ask him yourself."

"Noah," Sirius kissed his forehead, "are you alright? What did Morgan do to you?"

"Leave," Adriana commanded.

Sirius blinked.
"You can't be serious?"

"I am completely serious, Mr. Black," Adriana gave a patient smile, "this is Alexandrov business, I'm sure if Noah wants to discuss it with you later then he will. Now leave, the lot of you."

The Marauders looked at each other.

"Professor Porter is right," Peter finally spoke, "I don't think it's our business what happened."

"I'll clue you guys in later..." Noah groaned, "Adri is right."

Sirius's brow furrowed, but he nodded.
"Right, we'll be outside then..." He placed a gentle kiss upon Noah's lips and they all walked out.

Adriana looked at Noah and sat down while Pomfrey dealed with his injuries.
"Now, tell me what happened, why did the two of you duel?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do we do?" Narcissa whispered from the corner of the common room.

"I don't know," Lucius whispered, clearly frustrated, "she's been like that for hours."

"Where's Katora?" Cissy asked her sister.

"History of Magic," Bellatrix didn't take her eyes off me, "she should be here soon."

I sat in the sofa, a blanket wrapped around me, a once hot cup of tea nestled in my hands that Lucius insisted I drink but never did; I sat there thinking of nothing and everything as I stared at the emerald fire, my eyes looking wild and restless. What happened at the Shrieking Shack buzzed in my head like a broken record, I had cursed Noah, and not just with any curse, an unforgivable curse. And that voice... such a familiar voice... It sounded like Peter, but why him? My mind made no sense anymore. I suppose it's true what they said, insanity did run in the family.

It had been the first time since mother's death that I had time to myself without Katora's influence, and I was reminded by I depended so much on her. My mind was dark, empty, cold... All the things I didn't want to feel were here now, and I knew that when Katora would get here, they'd vanish... But did I want them to vanish? I knew that cowering from my emotions is what brought on the events of today, keeping everything down made it erupt like a volcano of bad choices. I hurt Noah, I hurt him after swearing to protect him.

Slowly I stood, and Lucius rushed to my side.
"Morgan, a--"

I placed my hand to his mouth, not saying a word, I walked over to the window and tried to look through the darkness of the lake. Noah was able to speak to Cassandra there... perhaps I could too, get some answers, guidance... I walked out, leaving the trio confused behind me. I knew I had to go now before Katora got out of class, because I knew that around her I would only want to be by her side, and I couldn't. I had to get to the bottom of my emotions before I clung to her once more. My steps quickened and soon I was bolting down the halls of the castle and to the grounds, I looked at the sun nearing the horizon and knew I didn't have much time before the nocturnal creatures of the lake awoke.

Once I reached the lake I removed my cloak and shirt, knowing I'd need dry clothes to recover from the frigid water. Slowly I went in, allowing my body to get used to the temperature, I casted the bubble head charm and dove in.

"Lumos maxima," I muttered once I was deep inside the water, I looked around, swimming for what felt like miles, I couldn't find the coffin, "Cassandra, where are you..." I felt something speed behind me, I turned around my heart beating fast, "who's there?!" I shouted, wand ready to attack. But there was nobody there. Steadying my breathing I turned around to continue, but what I saw made me scream so loud the bubble nearly popped, thousands of grindylows stared at me with their beady little eyes, a wicked smile on each of their faces. I remained frozen for a moment, unsure of what to do, I knew that if I dared move they would come after me, but what else was I supposed to do?

Quickly I aimed my wand up.
"Periculum!" I shouted and red sparks made their way from the water over to the sky, and as expected the grindylow viciously went after me. I aimed my wand down, "ascendio!" I shot up through the water, torpedo-ing my way to the surface, but once I reached the surface I saw I was too far from the shore and I dropped back into the water, the gridylow grabbed me and pulled me down, biting me all over. I casted the bubblehead charm once more and casted relashio upon them so they'd let go of me, but there were too many of them. They began to attack my face causing the bubble to pop and I felt the water enter my lungs right before I passed out...

I woke in the Hospital Wing. Scratches, bite marks, and suction marks all over my body. My vision was blurred as I looked at the person who sat in the chair next to my bed, I had secretly hoped that it would be Katora, but I knew it wasn't, I didn't feel well. My eyes now focused, the person grabbing my hand was Adriana.

"About time you woke," she looked at me, a small smile on her face, "you know this is the second time I've had to be here today."

My brow furrowed.
"I suppose Noah was the first reason you were here."

She nodded.
"He was released two hours ago," Adriana took a deep breath, "I trusted you to know better than to so easily let the family's prophecy come true."

"I didn't mean to curse him, it sort of just... happened."

"What could possibly make you perform an unforgivable curse, Morgan?" Adriana raised an eyebrow, "Dumbledore's having a hell of a time at the Ministry trying to vouch for you, the fact that the Ministry doesn't believe there's anything going on in the Wizarding World doesn't make matters any easier."

"So all we've been going through, the ministry doesn't care?" I sat up.

Adriana shook her head.
"They just think there's a small group of people that want to take over the ministry, not everyone's been happy with their new laws."

"So am I being sent to Azkaban?"

"No," she smiled, "they're going to chalk it up to teenage stupidity and family grudges, but I'm afraid that the next time you to perform an unforgivable curse they will not be as merciful."

"How's Noah?"

Adriana sat back.
"He's better, Poppy gave him a pain killer, he should be back to normal in about a day or two... His wound opened again thanks to the curse but if Pomfrey was able to mend it before then she can again."

"I need to go talk to him," I said as I attempted to get out of the bed, but Adriana forced me to sit back down.

"Perhaps you should wait a while..." She looked at me sternly.

I raised an eyebrow.
"Why?"

"He's not exactly happy with you, he--"

"Oh, come on!" I shouted, "does he not understand what I'm going through?! How could he be so closed minded!"

Adriana blinked and shook her head in disbelief.
"Morgan, out of the entire family he loved you and trusted you the most, and you completely broke that trust. You think he didn't feel anything with Ana's death? Anastasia was like a second mother to him. It seems to me that you're the one clouded by your own selfish thoughts to understand what he's going through."

Adriana's words hit me like a ton of bricks, I looked at her not quite knowing what to say as anger and sadness washed through me, she had a point and I hated it.
"Then what am I supposed to do?"

She thought for a moment and looked at me.
"Let it simmer, you'll know when the moment is right," suddenly she frowned, "and Morgan... you're on the right path but with the wrong people, I'd reevaluate your relationship with miss Nikawa if I were you, she's no good for you."

And as if on queue, Katora ran through the doors of the Hospital Wing, straight to me.
"Morgan, are you alright?!"

There is was, the happiness I craved so much. I smiled at her.
"I'm great," I looked into her eyes, then at Adriana. I wanted to take her advice, but Katora was just too good to be bad.

With a look of defeat Adriana walked out of the Hospital Wing, leaving me alone with Katora...
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I sat crossed legged before the mirror, within it I saw myself, Will, and my parents running through the too familiar forrest behind our house. Will carried her open jar, hunting for fireflies.

The mirror version of me smiled, something I hadnt been able to do for two days.

Fireflies swirled around us, some flying into my jar and some into Willas.

Morgan, from behind us, had her wand extended and smiling. She’d used magic to fill our jars.
My sister ran to her, engulfing her in a hug. Not far behind her my aunt Ana and cousin Sahar.

I could feel the tears begin to fall down my cheeks.

The future that will never be. I thought.

The Mirror of Erised
Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

“I show not your face but your hearts desire.” I whispered.

I wasn’t sure how I’d found the mirror. Since waking up I could feel it calling to me, telling me to search for it.

Since getting out of the hospital wing everything had felt different, it was as if a Dementor was contantly floating around me threating me with it’s fatal kiss. Each Marauder had tried to get me to go outside, to cause mischief, Sirius even tried to get me on a date but with everything that had happened; fun just didn’t seem like a possibility.

The image within the mirror shiftted, my family vanished and replacing them was a hooded figure. The background remained the same but the figure approached me.

I shoved myself backwards, reaching into my arm sling for my wand.

Мой внук, did I not teach the two of you that violence never solves anything?” The hooded figure stood as if he were my reflection.

Мой внук, the Russian words for My Grandson circled in my head. It’d been years since I had heard that term.

“Grandfather?”

The figure lowered his hood, revealing my grandfather’s face. He looked just like the photos of him that we have back home. His long silver hair, clear blue eyes and a smile from ear to ear.

“You look just like your father except for your mother’s eyes, Мой внук” He chuckled. His expression darkened, his eyes changing from their clear blue to that of a thunder storm. “Your бабушка warned me that this was to be the fate of the two of you. We always fought about our views of the future. She believed the future was set in stone, while I saw it as ever changing, especially when it came to мои дети.”

My Russian failed me but I was certain he was referring to us.

He believed we could change our fate.

“Grandfather, this mirror shows our deepest desires. Why is it showing me you?” I felt terrible for asking, but I didn’t feel like beading around the bush.

“You are searching for someone who understands you. We are much alike, Мой внук.” His expression softened. “You are looking to change Morgan’s fate, as well as the fate of the man you love. You believe the future can be changed.”

I stared into my grandfather’s eyes and felt my own begin to water.
“I used to believe I could save her, protect her, but maybe she’s too far gone.”

My grandfather crossed his arms. I got the sense that he didn’t like my answer.

“She is your семья, Мой внук.”

Семья, the Russian word for family.
“Whatever has happened between the two of you never quit fighting for your family, Мой внук.
я люблю тебя.”

Grandfather began to fade, my own sad reflection starring back on me. Once I felt alone the tears began to fall.

I found my way back to the to the moving stair cases, walking back to the Gryffindor common room.

From the corner of my eye I noticed her. Her jet black hair and nearly perfect features, Katora. My feet betrayed me and I had changed course towards her. Everything I felt, my angers, me sadness, my pain all directed towards her.
I gripped my wand, ready to blast her through the wall.

“Katora!” I was finally close enough to her; but once she turned and her eyes fixed on me, everything was gone. Every negative feeling I had ever felt seemed to melt away.

“Your Morgan’s cousin. Leave.” Her words felt like I was hit in the stomach. Katora turned and began walking towards the dungeons. The farther she went the more I felt the darkness cloud my mind. It was a wave of sadness washing over me.

I went back to the Gryffindor Common Room, crying myself to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 4:48 pm

He's out there... she's out there too... For a moment I felt a mix of sadness and happiness that left me staring at Severus without saying a word, interrupting my train of thought.

"Morgan," Severus snapped his fingers at me, "Earth to Morgan, you there?"

I blinked and nodded.
"Sorry, yes..."

"So you cruccioed him and...?" Severus looked at me intently.

"And his wound opened, the one from when you attacked him," I took a deep breath, trying to block out my emotions. "I need you to heal him, Pomfrey has never seen a wound like it and you're the one who invented the hex... Go to him, tell him you're there because I told you to heal him, that I'm sorry..."

"Why would I do that?" Severus raised an eyebrow, "those idiots have made my life hell for years, why should I help any of them?"

"Because you're my best friend," I looked into his eyes, mine watering slightly, "you're not doing it for Noah, you're doing it for me. Please, Severus, I can't lose Noah."

He looked at me and sighed, nodding.
"Fine, I'll go to him tomorrow... but only because we can't have you being a blubbering mess."

“One more thing...”

“What?” Severus was suspicious.

“Give this to Remus...” I pulled out a potion from my pocket.

“Wolfsbane?” He raised an eyebrow, taking the bottle.

“I need to show Noah that I haven’t forgotten about them, that I’m not evil...”

He nodded.
“Fine...”

I hugged him tightly.
"Thank you, Sevvy."

He hugged me back, something unusual for him; I must have looked as bad as I felt.
"Don't mention it, really, don't."

I let go of him and nodded.
"Our secret, I promise.”

Suddenly all sadness was washed away by happiness as Katora walked into the common room.
“How are you feeling, love?” She asked walking over to me and kissing my lips.

“A bit in pain,” I said after kissing her back, I smiled at her, “but nothing I can’t handle.”

She looked at my legs, arms, and face, frowning slighty.
“Your bruises are turning purple,” she said to me, her tone was of worried, “come downstairs so I can make you feel better.”

Severus rolled his eyes.
“I’m gonna head to bed before I gag... Excuse me,” he got up and made his way to the boy’s dormitory.

Katora took my hand and helped me off the couch, she wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me close, she looked into my eyes.
“I love you,” she said to me before kissing my lips softly.

Ordinarily after such a short time of dating I would kick anyone who said that to me to the curb, but this was Katora, and before I could stop myself the words escaped from my lips.
“I love you too,” I kissed her back, we remained in our embrace in the common room for a few moments before she took my hand and guided me down to our room, we both hopped into the tub and continued our expression of love there before we went to bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning Severus woke up with a mission, to find Noah and heal him before Morgan lost her shit on him. But the question was, where would he find Noah? He knew it was likely that he would be in the Gryffindor Common Room sulking away, but who in their right mind would let a Slytherin into Gryffindor tower?

Lily, he thought, perhaps she would be able to help me for Noah...

So he went off to the library where he knew Evans spent her Saturday mornings working on her homework that had been assigned for the week, he waltzed his way over to the history section and found her at her usual table. It took him a moment and a bit of courage to manage to walk up to her, but he knew there was no other way.
“Lily...” He began.

“What do you want, Snape?” She looked at him seriously, “I’m busy.”

Her indifference cut into his heart like a knife, with a deep breath he sat down in front of her.
“I need your help.”

“And why would I help you?” She closed her book.

“Because Noah and Morgan are involved.”

Lily looked at him for a moment and leaned back on her seat.
“I’m listening.”

Severus thought for a moment for the right words to say.
“Morgan is distraught over the fact that she cursed Noah, and she wants me to heal him; I know they’re in Gryffindor tower and you’re the only one who might be willing to let me in... Can you do that for them?”

Lily nodded without hesitation.
“Anything to get Morgan back on our side.”

Severus eyed her.
“Your side?”

“Morgan is our best friend,” Lily said as she put her stuff in her bag, “Noah misses her, Remus is heartbroken, the rest of us want her back as well. But we know that until Noah and Morgan fix their issues that won’t happen.”

Severus thought about an argument, but he held his tongue; Lily was willing to help him and he wasn’t about to mess it up.
“Right...”

“Also,” she said standing up, “you healing Noah won’t fix our friendship.”

His jaw tightened but he nodded regardless.
“Understood.”

“Good, let’s go.”

They made their way to Gryffindor tower and walked up to find the Fat Lady.
“Password?” She looked at Severus with an eyebrow raised.

“Lace wing flies,” Lily said, getting the Fat Lady’s attention.

“Correct,” she said, and the door swung open.

The both of them walked in, the Common Room was buzzing with quiet chatter; the Marauders sat in the middle in front of the fire place. Suddenly it all went quiet as the Gryffindors spotted Severus , the odd silence got the attention of the Marauders and they looked at the entrance where Severus and Lily stood.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Sirius quickly stood, whipping his wand out.

“You better bugger off if you know what’s good for you,” James glared, standing next to Sirius.

“I’ve come in peace,” Severus said raising his hands in innocence.

“Like we’d believe you!” Sirius began to make his way to him, but Lily got in the way. “Move, Evans!”

“Listen,” Lily looked at him sternly, “we all have a bone to pick with Severus, but he really does come in peace.”

“What do you want then?” Sirius spat.

Severus took a deep breath, reminding himself not to lash out at them.
“I’ve come to heal Noah upon Morgan’s request.”

“Morgan?” Remus said, slowly standing.

Severus nodded and reached into his pocket.
“And to give you this,” he showed Remus the wolfsbane, “Morgan brewed it for you.” He threw the bottle at him.

Remus caught it and looked at it, a bit of sadness showed on his face, without saying a word he sat down, just staring at the bottle in his hands.

Severus looked at Noah.
“So can I heal you without being attacked?”
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Snapes cold stare fixated on me.

“I’ll accept your healing, frankly I’m over this wound.” I walked over to Severus and looked into his eyes.

His wand caressing the outline of my injury.

Vulnera Sanentur
Vulnera Sanentur
Vulnera Sanentur

It was almost as if he’d sung the incantation, instantly my arm began to heal. After the third verse there was nothing more than a thin scar left. I removed the brace and studied my arm, everything seemed fine.

“Tell Morgan that this doesn’t change anything.” For the first time since I had met Severus Snape, I opened my mind to him.

I know your plans Severus. Should any innocent blood be shed, you will understand the true wrath of an Alexandrov. The words repeated themselves in my mind until I was sure Snape had heard them.

“So be it, Warren. I will rely your message.” Severus turned, leaving the Common Room.

I felt Sirius pull me into a tight hug, followed by a kiss.

The six of us headed up to the dormitories, hoping to receive some form of privacy.
Remus fiddled with the vial in his hand before settling it on the bed.
“Do you trust her?” he motioned towards me.

“It bloody doesn’t matter what I think of her.” The words felt foreign coming from me. “The real question is, do you trust her?”

“She’s changed.” James said. “She’s been acting differently since she started dating that succubus.”

Everyone eyes shifted towards James.

Lily was the first to break the silence.
Succubus? Why would you use that terminology?”

James stood, slowly circling the room.
“There’s this rumor about her.” He mumbled. “They say that she has a certain thrall over the people she dates. It’s like they have no control.”

Things were finally started to make sense. Morgans emotional shifts, her lack of grief over her mothers death, the sense of peace I felt when I saw her….

“I bumped into her at the staircase a few days ago. When I touched her, it was as if every negative emotion I’d ever felt had been lifted. When she left… Well it was pretty similar as to how they describe being close to Dementors.” This time all the attention was on me. My attention on the other hand shifted to Remus.
“After everything she and I have been through and my aunts murder;I don’t think Morgan loves her, I think she’s addicted to her.”

Remus didn’t reply, he drew his wand from his pocket and aimed it at the vial.
“Confringo!” The vial shattered. Remus breathing became harsh. “I’ll kill her.”

I placed my hand on his shoulder. “We’ll get her back. The full moon is tomorrow, you’re losing your temper.” I stood in-front of him, using my hand to lower his arm. “Let’s get things ready for tomorrow.”
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:47 pm

"Sing to me," I looked into Katora's green eyes, smiling, feeling unequivocally in love with her.

Katora ran her fingers through my hair and kept me close to her chest so I could listen to her heartbeat.
"eus ow kammwul er agan pynn ni ha na wra agan gorra yn temptasyon," she began to sing in a language foreign to me, "re dheffo Dha wlaskor Dha vodh re bo gwrys y'n nor kepar hag y'n nev Ro dhyn ni hedhyw..."

I closed my eyes as I heard her sing, feeling completely at peace as we cuddled in the common room; we were the only people there, everyone else was at the Great Hall. There was something about Katora that I couldn't explain, it was as if all my life I had been lost until I found her, like without her I was nothing. Her voice made me feel like I wasn't at Hogwarts, I didn't feel like I was anywhere physical; it felt like a space in which only her and I existed, that is until Severus walked in.

"Well, I healed him, as promised," he said, interrupting Katora's song.

I looked at him, a dreamy gaze upon my face and a smile that would not fade.
"And what did he say?"

"He said it didn't change anything," Severus eyed us, "and he knows about the murders, I'm sure he's going to do anything in his power to stop us."

I nuzzled Katora's neck as he spoke and I shook my head.
"No," my voice was of dreamy satisfaction, "he won't stop us, we'll have Felix on our side."

"That much I am aware of," Severus gave Katora a nod of approval.

Katora wrapped her arms around me and kissed my forehead.
"It is settled then, love, you'll be on our side."

I kissed Katora's jaw and nodded.
"If Noah wants to continue being petty, then he can, I did what I could and it is out of my hands," I smiled at her, "all I need is you in my life, nothing else matters."

"Right," Severus looked at his pocketwatch, "I suggest we all go to the Great Hall for lunch, the Dark Lord wouldn't appreciate you starving to death."

"I'm not hungry," I protested, not taking my eyes off Katora.

"He's right, sweetheart," she kissed my lips softly, "we need to eat, keep you strong."

I nodded.
"Yes, you're right," I smiled at her and stood up.

She also stood and took my hand, she winked at Severus and he gave her a nod, I held on tighter to Katora's hand in a surge of sudden jealousy. We made our way to the Great Hall and once there I glanced at the Gryffindor table where the Marauders usually sat. I saw Noah and I smired at him and gave him a cocky wink before moving to the Slytherin table.

Lucius looked at me with sadness on his face.
"Your bruises are worse."

"Nice to see you too, Malfoy," I said as I sat down.

"I'm sorry," he said, not taking his eyes off me, "I just worry about you is all."

"You don't have to worry," Katora looked at him, her tone acidic, "she's in good hands with me."

Lucius was about to speak but decided it was best for him to stay quiet and not ruin everything.

"Hey hot stuff," a voice I hadn't heard in a while said, suddenly Regulus sat between Katora and I, "I've been looking everywhere for you, where have you been hiding?"

"In her love cave with Katora," Bellatrix smirked.

"I'm sorry," Katora raised an eyebrow, "hot stuff?"

Regulus looked at her and blinked.
"Yeah, it's what I call Morgan."

I looked at Regulus and smiled, hugging him.
"I'm sorry, I've just been busy."

Regulus looked at Morgan, examining her.
"Did you wrestle the giant squid or something?"

I laughed.
"I think the giant squid would have been friendlier than the gryndillows."

"No shit, you took on those swamp demons?" Regulus smirked, "I'll add that to the list of things about you that impresses me."

"Excuse me, are you hitting on my girlfriend?" Katora crossed her arms.

"Maybe," Regulus smirked, noticing her face shifting slighty, "what's it to ya?"

I could feel Katora's anger rise, I cleared my throat getting both their attention.
"Katora you don't have to worry about Regulus, he's like a little brother to me."

"Oh so that's how it is, huh?" Regulus stood, looking cocky, "just wait until I'm older, hot stuff, you'll wish you had gotten with this sooner."

"I doubt that she would," Katora glared at him.

Regulus looked at her and smirked.
"We'll see," and with that he walked off to the Gryffindor table.

Severus eyed him as he left.
"He's blocking his mind, something's up with him..."

"Nonsense," Bellatrix shook her head, "Reg wouldn't do anything to ruin our plans if that's what you're thinking, he's loyal to the cause."

"What plans?" I blinked looking at them.

"Don't mind them," Katora stroked my hair, "just things you shouldn't worry about, that's all."

I looked at her and smiled.
"Right."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regulus looked visibly uncomfortable at the Gryffindor table, but he sat down in front of Sirius anyways.

"Did you get anything?" Sirius looked at him.

"Depends, do you have my money?" Regulus smirked.

Sirius rolled his eyes and dug into his pocket.
"20 Galleons, as promised," he looked at Morgan, then back at his little brother, "well?"

"Well if any of you had paid attention in Care of Magical Creatures, you'd know that Katora is clearly part veela," Regulus put the money in his pocket.

Sirius blinked.
"Veela?"

"Yeah, it's pretty obvious once you get her angry enough, her face starts to change, plus as soon as I sat down next to her it took everything in my power not to hit on her instead of Morgan," he shrugged, "the reason Morgan is so attached to her is because of her veela powers; powerful infatuation, feeling of never ending happiness, being on each other like hippogryffs in mating season, gra--"

"Okay that's enough," Remus said in a low growl as he looked towards the Slytherin table.

Regulus looked at Sirius and Noah.
"If you want Morgan back, the first step is to take the harpy down. But I'm pretty sure Morgan would be willing to defend her until her last breath so you all better have a plan before you do anything stupid."

"Right..." Sirius sighed, "thanks Reg, and remember not a word of this to anyone."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." Regulus stood, "I miss her just as much as you guys do, and with Katora in the way there is no getting anywhere with Morgan, just... be smart." And with that he left.

"Veela..." James looked at the rest of the Marauders, "that explains everything perfectly."

Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Months felt like they'd gone by.

I starred at my almost perfect pot of liquid luck.

A sense of guilt washed over me as I remembered that the closer we got to perfecting it the closer the Slytherins came to killing Muggleborns.

The image of Virginia laying in front of me dead  flashed through my eyes. I hadn't told anyone what they were planning. The only way we'd get Morgan back was if Katora was gone for good.

"I'll do it myself if I have too."

Katora wasn't at the Shrieking Shack.

Katora didn't force Morgan to curse me, to ruin all the things we'd accomplished together.  

Worst of all, Katora wasn't forcing Morgan to kill Muggleborns but my grandfather was right; Morgan was still family. We'd deal with her later, as a family.

All of my anger and hatred needed to be aimed elsewhere, the raven haired bitch Katora.

I starred at the enchanted goblets and once again went through my plan in my head.

Today, during the dinner banquet, the Slytherins would set off their powder and blind the school to enact their kills. I would enchant the goblets, rendering them portkeys to the dungeons. Katora would be left alone, nearly defenseless and that is when I'd take her out.

No innocent blood would be shed.
The Felix Felicis glowed its bright gold color as it was dispensed into the small vial.

On the wooden desk was a ring that had been in the family for generations. This ring held an enchanted Lapis Lazuli stone which hid the wearer from a seers gift. My mother had sent it to me per my request, the reasoning being that it would stop the nightmares of Sirius future.

I grabbed the ring and placed it on my finger, this would stop Morgan and anyone from being able to know my plans.  

The dining hall bustled as per usual. Hundreds of student unaware of what would be happening in mere minutes.  I found my usual spot next to Sirius, he gave me a sad look. Things had been different between us, I'd been distant.

Everyone talked about their days, classes and love life while I remained silent, anxious as to when everything would take place.
From the corner of my eyes I saw them.

Lucius and Narcissa, Bellatrix not far behind; Snape, Katora and Morgan followed.  

She looked different, her red hair seemed darker, longer reaching her hips. She appeared strong and confident. No fear or regret showed, the faint hint of a smile on Morgans face sent a chill down my spine.  

She's happy to do this, I thought.

As if linked by a hive mind they collectively sat and poured the contents of their small vials.
I followed by example and poured mine.

"Hey, what was that?" James voice broke through my thoughts.

"I believe that was liquid luck! You did it, didn't you?" Lilys eyes shined with glee.

"Come on Warren, tell us how you did it." Virginia scooted closer to me.

I drank from my goblet and gestured. "Don't worry about it. We're all going to pass." I smiled for what felt like a long time.

[/color]
]The entire Dining Hall went black.

I heard the Port Keys whoosh as their magic took effect. Morgan and everyone else would be down in the Dungeon, Katora would be alone, vulnerable and caught off guard.

Clutching my wand I sprung towards where Katora would be seated. I fought my way through the madness of the Hall, pushing through hundreds of scared wizards and witches.
I could sense her; her energy was leading me to her. Through the darkness it was as if I could still see her, sitting unfazed by what was happening around her. She turned and even through the blackness I saw her smile.
She lunged towards me, pinning my back against the floor; with her hands on my neck she squeezed.

"Did you really think I wouldn't have been prepared for you?" She squeezed tighter. "The Dark Lord wants kills and you'd make an excellent sacrifice.  

The powder began to clear, Katoras once gentle features had become warped. No longer was she the beautiful girl everyone knew, her face was one of a harpy.

Gasps echoed the once loud hall.  
"Flipendo!"  
The spell blasted Katora off of me, allowing air to fill my lungs. I looked around and saw Victoria with her wand extended towards her. I found my wand and aimed it at Katora.

"You failed Katora. Give up and this will go a lot easier." I thought about how I would put an end to her.  
The killing curse would be an easy end. She'd be gone, Morgan would be freed from her control.

"No, this is only beginning." She hissed. "None of you know anything!"  
Her sharp eyes fixated on Sirius, who had been pushing his way around to get to me.

"Sectumsempra!" She cursed.

I heard someone yell and jump in front of him, followed the wet slash I knew too well.
I glanced over trying to find Sirius, hoping, praying that the curse had missed him.
I found him, holding on to whoever jumped in and saved him. Sirius was clutching on to him, frantic and crying.
Their chest and faced had received the worst parts of the curse, after focusing on his face I noticed, Regulus had jumped in and protected his brother.

Anger fueled me, any mercy for her was gone.
The words formed in my mind, it would be quick.
Her cat like eyes focused on me, I lifted my wand knowing too well that this would be her end.

"Avada Kedavra!" Before I could say anything she cursed again.

The world slowed as the green light came towards me.

It was too late to move, too late to dodge, too late to protect myself.

I felt as my foot slipped on something, falling backwards. The green light passed over me as I fell, striking Victoria. The world sped back up after I had fallen. I crawled my way over to Victorias body, she was dead.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Someone yelled. Katora fell motionless on the ground.

The Dining Hall doors burst open.

Dumbledore walked through followed by Morgan and the rest of the Slytherins.

"I hope your happy!" The scream came out before I could think about it. I starred at Morgan through the tears while I held on to Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 9:27 am

“Today,” Lucius raised his vial of Felix Felicis, a huge grin on his face as we sat around the common room’s fire, “we make history. Today marks the first stage of the war for the greater good of the wizarding community. To power!”

“To power!” We echoed, raising our own vials, before hiding them in our robes.

I looked to Katora and she looked at me, we both smiled at each other in an unspoken confession of love and admiration. Her cheerful and commanding aura pulsated towards me engulfing my senses, all I could think and feel was her; that is, until Severus walked up to me.

He looked into my eyes, sure I had his undivided attention.
“I need you to focus for a moment, try to see if anyone will try to sabotage this mission.”

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the only other person who knew what we were going to do in mere minutes, I tried hard to connect to him, but I couldn’t see or feel him. My brow furrowed, how could this be? I opened my eyes to find Severus staring intently, looking for a flicker of fear. I smiled at him and patted his shoulder.
“We’re golden.”

This seemed to ease him.
“Good, I’m not looking to get sent to Azkaban tonight.”

“Alright all,” Bellatrix stood from the arm chair, “I think we should get going, before it looks suspicious that we’ve arrived late.”

They all began to walk out, I raised an eyebrow.
“Wait, guys, shouldn’t we drink the liquid luck before we go?”

“No,” Lucius shook his head, “we need to make this last as long as we can, drinking it now will only shorten the amount of time we can put it to good use.”

I nodded.
“Right.”

Katora looked at me and kissed my lips softly.
“Don’t worry, love, it’s all been planned out.”

I couldn’t help but feel warm around her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled, kissing her again.
“Is there time before that plan for a little fun?”

She grinned.
“No, but after we can have all the fun you want.”

“Brilliant,” I beamed.

“Guys, please,” Severus rolled his eyes, “let’s go before I vomit.”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, and we all made our way to the Great Hall.

I smiled walking through the doors, thinking of the things Katora and I would do after this was all over.

We sat at the Slytherin table in our usual seats, acting as casual as ever. McGonagall began to say a few words as she usually did before the food appeared, I saw Katora pull out a few stones of Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, she handed each of us one, and while everyone else looked at McGonagall we threw them into the middle of the hall. Everything went black, screams from first years and unsuspecting students rang in my ears. We all reached for our goblets and I felt the familiar sensation of being pulled by my navel, I spun around being transported and a moment later we were all in the dungeons. All except Katora.

“What the bloody hell happened?!” Severus stood, looking around. He looked at his goblet and he growled with anger. “Portkeys! Someone turned the goblets into portkeys!”

“But, who?” I looked puzzled, “I didn’t foresee anything!”

“Guys, shut it,” Narcissa was listening, she could hear the faint screams coming from the Great Hall, “we might still have time to salvage this.”

I nodded.
“Right,” I looked at my goblet, “quick, drink and let’s go.” We all drank the Felix Felicis and darted towards the Great Hall, but I felt for a moment that we shouldn’t be so hasty. “Wait, we shouldn’t head to the Great Hall.”

“Are you mad?!” Severus looked at me wide eyed.

“Katora drank the potion,” I felt the euphoric side effects of the liquid luck, “our mission will be carried out through her, I can feel it, what we need is an alibi.”

“She’s right,” Lucius looked at me, “what should we do then?”

I thought for a moment.
“Dumbledore.” Without another word I sped towards his office, the rest of the pack following close behind me. I reached the eagle statue that guarded the entrance and flicked my fingers towards it as I spoke. “Licorice Snaps.” The eagle began to rotate upwards as the stairs appeared, we all hopped on and we reached the entrance. I busted the door open and saw Dumbledore writing a letter.

“Miss Piper,” he smiled at me with warm eyes, but his smile faded when he saw the look of desperation on my face, “what’s wrong?”

“At the Great Hall, sir, it’s chaos!” I spoke, my tone pleading, “everything went dark, people were screaming, we’re lucky we got out of there unscratched,” I gulped, “please come.”

He quickly got up and walked towards us.
“Hold on to me.” And hold on we did, we apparated to the Great Hall.

”I hope you’re happy!” I heard Noah’s painful scream, he stared at me as tears stained his cheeks holding on to Virginia’s corpse.

I looked around and saw Regulus in Sirius’s arms, my heart sank.
“Regulus!” I screamed, tears pooling in my own eyes, I went to him as cut after cut appeared on his body. I turned to look at Katora, Felix overpowering my feelings for her. “How could you?!” I screamed at her, though she could not answer I knew she could hear me.

Lucius, and Narcissa stood quietly behind Dumbledore, Severus rushed to Regulus and began to perform Vulnera Sananteur. Students around us sobbed, Lily tried to go to her best friend but James held her tight.

“Heads of houses, take the students back to their dormitories,” Dumbledore spoke calmly though there was noticeable anger in his tone, “Sirius, escort Regulus to the Hospital Wing,” he looked at Virginia’s body and looked at Noah, he put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “Worry not, mister Warren,” his gaze was now on Katora, “the Ministry will give her proper punishment for her actions.”

And as if on queue, the Minister for Magic Harold Minchum and his crew arrived on the scene.
“What have we got here?” He looked down at the corpse and the petrified body on the floor, he looked at Katora’s wand and pointed his own, “Prior Incantato.” From the tip of Katora’s wand came a red light and the echoes of Virginia’s scream. “Looks like we wont have to look any further as to who the murderer is,” he pointed his wand at Noah’s and performed the spell once more, he did this with all of us, including me, my last spell had been the hair-thickening charm, I was clear. Harold put his wand back in his robe and looked at Dumbledore, “I want you to rally up the rest of the students, and they shall all have their wands checked,” he looked at the rest of us, “you’re all clear, you may go.” He then looked at me, “and keep out of trouble.” He nodded at two of his men and they walked over to Katora, grabbed her and apparated out with her.

The last of her power over me had vanished.

Sirius helped Regulus up once Severus was done with his spell, I began to hyperventilate, feeling Felix disappear. My heart raced, my vision blurred, I felt the need to run, and not look back. So I did.

I ran, and I ran, no particular direction in mind, I just needed to run until I collapsed. I suddenly bumped into a railing, my eyes fluttered open and I found myself looking down from the tallest tower in Hogwarts. I stared for what felt like an eternity, Katora was gone, nothing shielded me from the pain in my heart. Noah was angry, angrier than I’d ever seen him. Virginia was dead, I myself didn’t want anyone to die, I felt that in my chest as well, innocent blood was shed though my intention is to prevent a genocide. Katora had hurt Regulus, I sobbed, I wanted to protect Regulus, he was the reason I decided to infiltrate the Death Eaters in the first place. And mom… the pain was like a fresh wound though she had died months ago, all the pain that I hadn’t allowed myself to process had come all at once like a sucker punch to my stomach. I sobbed uncontrollably as I held on to that railing looking down, my tears falling to what felt like a bottomless abyss. I was so high up that the ground seemed unreachable, like if I threw myself I’d keep falling forever…

It was then the proverbial lightbulb went off in my head. If I were gone, I wouldn’t be able to be used in Voldemort’s schemes. If I were gone, Noah would succeed. If I were gone, all problems would disappear… I swung my leg over the railing, and then the other one; I looked down and suddenly a smile decorated my face, though tears still ran down. If I let go, everything would be solved, if I let go, Voldemort wouldn’t have a weapon.

Without much hesitation my fingers loosened, and I went down head first, spiraling like a fire-y bullet heading towards its target. In a few seconds it would all be over. The pain, the sadness, everything…
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Everything happened so quickly.
Katoras petrified body was taken by the Ministry.
Victorias corpse was lifted and draped in a white cloth.
I was escorted to the infirmary to asses my injuries.

I felt numb.

Someone had died because of me. If I hadn't slipped Victoria would be alive and we'd have one less novice seer to worry about.  
One less Alexandrov to mess up the world.
“Take this dear, it’ll help you feel better.” Madam Pomfrey handed me the small glass.

Pumpkin Juice.  

My friends all stood around me, their faces plagued with worry and concern.

“I’m fine.” The words didn’t feel genuine, but I must’ve been convincing since some smiles began to form on their faces.

“We’re just worried about you. It got pretty ugly back there.” Remus exclaimed.

“Yeah and not just Katoras face.” James joke got everyone to laugh. I on the other hand didn’t feel like laughing.

“How about you guys go to the dormitories. It’s pretty late.” I took Sirius hand, he looked into my eyes and I could tell he wasn’t buying my façade.  
“I will meet you there later. I love you.” I kissed him and flashed a smile to everyone.  

One by one they left the Infirmary, Sirius being the last to leave. I assured him that I’d be fine and would see him later; with a weary look he left.

The scenes that unfolded earlier played in my mind as I layed back into bed.  

Kats face morphing into a harpy.  
Regulus covered in blood.
Katoras face as she cast the killing curse.
Victoria, her lifeless body hitting the floor.

I opened my eyes and saw the outskirts of the castle, high up in the Astronomy tower.  

Morgan

I sensed her sadness, her pain, and her guilt, it was consuming.  
I could feel her swing my leg over the railing and that’s when it clicked.

“Fuck.”

I ran. I ran for what felt like an eternity. Various people tried to stop me and ask if I was okay but I stopped for no one.  
I made it to the base of tower and saw her.

Her fingers loosened on the railing and she began to fall. I dug through my robe searching for my wand. Morgan was gaining speed and if I didn’t know any better I could’ve sworn she was smiling.

I found my wand, aimed and yelled.

Arresto Momentum

Morgan instantly stopped in mid air and starred at me.

“Have you lost your damn mind?’’
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 pm

The wind suddenly became soft and warm, everything got bright, and all I could hear now was humming. The sweetest familiar humming, warm and welcoming. I was no longer falling, I was laying still, and suddenly a hand began to softly caress my hair.

I didn’t want to open my eyes, but I had to, I just had to see her one more time.

“Shh,” the humming was interrupted, “relax,” her voice, I missed that voice, “my silly little firefly.”

I felt her lips land a gentle kiss onto my forehead.

“Mum?” I teared up, “why can’t I see you? Why can’t I open my eyes?”

“The moment you do, it’s over,” she replied, “don’t you want to stay with me a little longer?”

“I want to stay with you forever.”

“Forever will come, but it’s not time for that yet,” she continued to caress my hair, by the tone of her voice I could tell she was smiling, “you still have a lot to do, little one.”

I laid there, eyes closed, smiling brightly.
“Where are we? Describe it to me.”

The humming continued low in the background as she began to speak.
“Heaven,” she gave a soft chuckle, “picture your grandmother’s house, picture the warm sun shining through the windows, fireflies swaying above the grass, the soothing smell of lavender in the breeze.”

I took a deep breath, taking in the scent.
“Can I stay?” I smiled, “please?”

She held me tight, and I held her too, we remained in that embrace for what seemed like forever, making no sound.

“Taking your life is not how you solve this, Firefly,” she kissed the side of my head, “and if you do, you won’t be able to join me here.”

“What? Why?” My smile faded.

“My death was not my choice, if it were, I wouldn’t be here. I would be… lost.” She rocked me softly, “listen to me Morgan, things are happening that you nor Nathaniel understand, but you will both understand in the end. I need you to trust me when I tell you that you need to live, you need to fight, and when it’s time for you to go I’ll be here waiting for you. I’m always looking out for you, even if you feel I’m not, I am there; as long as you let me be there.”

“What do you mean? Of course I let you be there.”

“Katora wasn’t letting me be there,” the room began to feel cold, “feel the pain, let it make you stronger, yes not having me will hurt but just know… it’s temporary. It’s always temporary.” I felt her get up, and she helped me get up too, she cupped my face and rested her forehead onto mine. “Now it’s time for you to go, and be brave.” She took a step back, “open your eyes.”

As much as I didn’t want this moment to end, I needed to see her. My eyes popped open and for a second I saw her beautiful smile.

”Arresto Momentum!”

As if by the snap of the fingers, I was brought back to reality. There was no warmth, no sunshine, no fireflies, just Noah’s angry look of disapproval.

“Have you lost your damn mind?’’

And there it was, the pain once more. It hit me like a bludger to the jaw, and before I knew what I was doing I fell to the ground sobbing.
“Noah, I am so sorry,” I cried out at his feet, “I’m trying to do the right thing, I’m trying to do what’s best for everyone, I can’t do it alone.” I looked up at him, “I can’t do it without you, I am in so much pain I just…” I gripped my head, which felt like it was going to explode, I could feel someone attempting to reach my thoughts but I pushed them away, “I can’t.”

It was there, without Katora’s influence, that I realized how much I missed everyone. Remus, Sirius, James, Lily; I missed everyone so much it shook my core.
“I need you, I need all of you.”

Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 pm

For a moment everything stood still and the rain began, a crying Morgan on the grass by my bare feet.

Her feelings of pain were like a flood, drowning me in her sorrows.  If I didn’t focus, block her overwhelming emotions from my own I’d end up like her.  

“Morgan, please.” as hard as I tried the tears still began to form. This time I knelt down, lifting her so I could look at her face.  

I could feel the wetness from the grass on my knees and feet. Morgan mumbled incoherent things through her hands and choked on her sobs. In a moment her full weight fell on me, embracing me in her arms.  
“I need you, I need all of you.” she sobbed into my shoulders.  

So much had happened this year. I could still feel her emotions, stifled only by my own feelings of anger and hatred.  

I hated this.
I hated Voldemort for putting us through all of this. I hated my gifts because without them I’d just be another Hogwarts student enjoying his fifth year with my friends and boyfriend. I wouldn’t be haunted by the images of events yet to come; an impending war I didn’t know how to stop, a dark wizard who wouldn’t stop until my family worked for him, Sirius, the love of my life, in Azkaban and this unshakable feeling that I wouldn’t live to see twenty-five.  
I hated everything.  

I grabbed on to her wet shoulders, pushing her back to look at face and for a moment, starring into Morgans eyes, the eyes that mirrored my own, I knew I could put that all aside, because underneath it all I couldn’t hate her. She was my семья, my family.

“Morgan, I need you to listen to me.”  
Her red hair covered her face, tears flowing down her cheeks while mixing in with the rain. I felt my own tears start to fall down my face.  
“I am here. I’m not leaving you. I will help you, but I need you too. I can’t do this alone, I cant fight him alone. Мы пройдем через это вместе. Я люблю тебя.”

I let my head fall forward, our foreheads now touching.
“Я люблю тебя.”

The rain slowed and around us a garden of rosemary began to bloom. The flowers was filled my lungs with their scent.  

“Rosemary.” I whispered.
“Shakespeare said that rosemary is for remembrance.”  
Through my own tears I pulled Morgan close and held her as tight as I could.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 10:44 pm

The tears flowed and they showed no signs of stopping. Four months of pain and suffering were catching up to me and I felt like I was about to break. But Noah was here, Noah was keeping me together, and suddenly my grief didn’t feel so heavy on my shoulders.

He said he needed me, that we would do this together. And I knew together was the only way we could stop Tom Riddle.

Embraced in a tight hug, he began to speak in a language I knew to be Russian, the language of our ancestors. And though I didn’t understand what he was saying it brought me enough peace that the tears began to stop.

I sniffled and the smell of Rosemary filled my lungs, My eyes fluttered open at the scent, and observed the flower blooming around us.

Remembrance.

“We’re not alone,” I spoke softly, “grandma, mum… they’re always with us, even when we don’t think they are,” a smile formed remembering her mother’s words.

“And they always will be.”

I looked to the source of the voice and saw Adriana standing before us.

“You’re both soaking wet, and it’s almost curfew,” she spoke calmly before looking at me, “Dumbledore would like a word with you, alone.”

My heart sank to my stomach, all relief was washed away by a new wave of anxiety.

“Why can’t Noah come with me?”

“Because it doesn’t concern him,” she gave me a knowing look, “besides, Nathaniel needs his rest.”

I looked back at Noah, I tried my best to beg him to be on alert with my gaze. I hugged him tight one more time before standing.
“I’ll make my way there now, then,” and with a nod, I moved past Adriana and back into the castle.

My steps felt as heavy as my heart, I tried hard to remain strong now on my own, holding back tears that threatened to expose my weakness. It felt like an eternity before I reached the eagle statue, and with a deep breath I spoke the password.
“Licorice snaps.”

The eagle began to turn, and so did my stomach. Up it went revealing the steps that lead to Dumbledore’s office. Though I felt I was paralyzed, my body took a step onto it, and up I went with the eagle.

It stopped with a thud that made it wake ever so slightly. I cleared my throat and opened the door.
“Professor Porter said you needed to speak to me, headmaster?”

“Miss Alexandrov,” he gazed at me through his half mood spectacles, “please come in and take a seat.”

It took me a moment to convince myself to move forward, but I did, and I sat at the other side of his chest.

“Sad, what happened tonight. Isn’t it?”

It felt more like a statement than a question.

I gave a slight nod.
“It’s a shame.”

“Indeed, what was meant to be a happy ending to the school term is now full of trauma that will surely follow everyone involved for the rest of their lives,” he stood up and looked out the window, “Miss Nikawa and you, you were an item were you not?”

“Yes, sir,” I bit the inside of my cheek.

“I wonder, Miss Alexandrov,” he turned now to look at me, “how is it that you did not see this coming.”

I did my best to remain calm and collected.
“I haven’t had a vision in a long time… ever since my mother’s death.” I lied.

I could feel him trying to peer into my thoughts, but I blocked him with ease. I was getting good at occlumency.

“And Katora never mentioned anything? Anything at all?” I felt like he was staring into my soul.

“No, sir.” This time the lie was more believable.

Dumbledore’s body relaxed, and so did the attack against my thoughts.
“You’re a good person, Morgan,” he smiled softly, “but I can’t help but feel you’re being misguided.”

“I am fully aware of everything around me, Professor,” I smiled back, “I assure you I am on the right path.”

“Tomorrow you go home, I think it would be wise to take the summer holiday as a time to reflect on everything,” he opened a notebook on his desk and pulled out a quill, “you have been though a lot, and so has your cousin. Enjoy the holidays.”

“Thank you, sir. We shall,” I stood and gave a light bow before walking out of the office. The heaviness in my body disappeared, I ran as fast as I could back to the common room, hoping it was empty.

I stood in front of the empty wall in the dungeons.
“Amortentia,” the door appeared, and once I opened I was pulled in by my wrist.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” Bellatrix shouted at me.

“Let go of me!” I snatched my arm away from her.

“I SWEAR IF YOU COST US—“

“Bella!” Lucius barked, making her shut up with a whimper, “that’s enough.”

“Your little whore might have cost us our lives!” Lucius slapped her, I took a step back in shock. Bellatrix lay on the floor, her hand to her cheek. “Cissy, he hit me!”

Narcissa didn’t look at her, she remained quietly behind her boyfriend.

“Could you act your age for once?” Severus raised an eyebrow, “you throw tantrums like a five year old.”

“I swear I have no idea what happened,” I lied again, I was getting good at that too, “I know you’ll want to know if I had a vision but I swear I didn’t see it coming.”

Lucius stepped closer to me, his face so close to mine I could feel his warm breath.
“You wouldn’t lie to me, would you?”

“Of course not,” my voice shook lightly, I cleared my throat, “you know I am always honest with you,” I bit my lip and whispered so only he would hear, “I love you too much to lie.” The lies wouldn’t stop.

He seemed satisfied with that reply.
“The Dark Lord expects us tomorrow night, let’s hope he believes you as I do.” He stepped back, “get some rest, you look like you need it.”

“Right,” I looked away and hurried down the stairs.

I wasted no time in showering and heading to bed, wanting today to be over already.
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Morgans tight embrace would’ve been enough to break me under normal circumstances but nowadays, what was a normal circumstance?
Adriana and I stood for a moment in the light rain, surrounded by the lavender field that had grown around us.  

“You’ll eventually need to forgive her, you know?” her stance remained rigid and her gaze didn’t leave Morgan as she walked away from us.  

“I believe I am old enough to make my own decisions, cousin.” the words felt like acid.  

I knew I had to forgive Morgan but in my own time. Months had gone by without her speaking to me, someone died today and everyone's main concern was that the Alexandrov cousins remained on good terms.  

“While on Hogwarts grounds, you are to address me as a professor, Nathaniel.” Her gaze finally turned to me.  

My arms crossed and I stared into the too familiar Alexandrov indigo eyes I had begun to resent.  

“Час о́т часу не ле́гче.”

Adriana seemed to smile through her firm gaze.
“Вы не единственный, кто говорит на языке нашей семьи. Десять очков от Gryffindor.” She turned, walking in the same direction Morgan had just moments ago.

Following Morning

Even in my deepest sleep, I could feel the warmth radiating from Sirius bare chest as he lay next to me. Summer vacation started today; Morgan and I would be heading home for the holiday while Sirius would be living with James since he refused to go home this year.

“Sirius, wake up.” I gently nudged him while he mumbled things below his breath.  

“You’re going to need more than that if you’re going to be waking up Padfoot.” Remus entered the dormitories, all packed and ready to leave.  
“Are you all packed? Heard you come in pretty late last night.”

“For the most part. Just have to finish a few things before the train. I’ll meet you all thereafter.” I flashed my smile.
“Moony? Can I ask you a question? It’s about Morgan.”

His stance became rigid and his back remained to me.
“Shoot.”

I felt Sirius grab on to my arm and shake his head.
“Nothing. I’ll talk about it later.”

Remus grabbed the remainder of his things and left the room.

I starred at Sirius for a moment, getting lost in his stormy grey eyes. Even after just waking up, his semi-long hair messed up, he was still the most handsome guy I’d ever seen.  

I kissed him, long and hard.  
“Breakfast, now.”
I couldn’t stop myself from giggling.

We found our way to the Grand Hall. My gaze traced the room. Everyone seemed to be there, except Morgan. I let go of Sirius' hand, gave him a quick kiss.  

“Save me a roll, okay? Don’t let Wormtail eat them all again.”  

I could hear Peter complain but didn’t care about what he had to say.  

Before I saw her, I sensed her coming down the stairs.  
I stared at my cousin and my feelings were mixed.  
I felt anger and resentment for the things she’d done and the choices she’d made but she was still my семья, my family.

“Good Morning, cousin.”

She flashed me a weak smile, I took her hand and led towards the Grand Hall before Dumbledore could start his speech.  

Morgan began to pull away to head towards the Slytherin table but I held tighter to pull her towards where our friends were seated. I nudged a few people down and received a few odd looks from everyone.  

I smiled calmly and looked around.
“Wormtail ate all the rolls, didn’t he?”
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:45 pm

By the time I awoke, the dormitory was empty, and I was grateful for it.

Slowly I rose, feeling like I had been trampled by a thestral. Every muscle in my body ached and my head pounded. I was definitely back to reality.

My feet touched the cold floor, I felt it for a moment feeling as though I had my senses returned to me. I got up and stretched as I observed the giant squid swim past the window, and made my way to the bathroom.

If I thought I felt bad, I looked even worse than that.

Bags under my eyes, I had turned into skin and bones. There was a wildness to my appearance, as if I might become a harpy myself. My eyes watered as I observed what I had become, physical evidence that though I felt happy with Katora by my side, I was miserable deep down inside. I tore my gaze from the mirror and hopped into the shower, turning the water as hot as it would go.

And I cried.

I drug my nails across my body in an attempt to wash away all the negativity that tore me apart from the inside. I stood there, allowing the scalding water to wash everything away, wishing it would take me down the drain with it as well.

It felt like forever before I felt ready to leave, or as close to ready as I would ever be. I stepped out of the shower and walked out the bathroom avoiding eye contact with the mirror. I got dressed, packed away the last few things I needed to pack and grabbed my bag to head out the door.

I put my trunks and all in the common room, where they would be picked up and shipped to the Hogwarts Express. I looked around for the last time this term, wondering how I would feel about this place in September. Pushing those thoughts aside I walked out and made my way to the Great Hall.

As I walked down the stairs I felt a wave of anger that stopped me in my tracks, I gulped, sensing it closer. And then as quick as it came, it went, and Noah stood by the doors.

”Good morning, cousin.”

I flashed him a small smile, trying to push negative feelings away but it felt impossible. He spoke to me now, but I knew I wasn’t forgiven. I couldn’t forgive myself either.

He took my hand and led me to the Great Hall, I could see Remus sitting at Gryffindor table, immediately I began to walk the other way over to Slytherin to join the rest of the group. But Noah didn’t let me, without saying a word he pulled me with him. And after making others scoot over, I was now sitting with the Marauders.

I felt uncomfortable under everyone’s eyes, and a surge of panic as Lucius and the others looked at me in disapproval. I looked down at my empty plate, allowing my hair to fall over my face to shield myself.

“It’s good to have you back,” I looked up to see Sirius smiling warmly at me, not a trace of accusation upon his expression.

“Where you belong,” Lily spoke as she stood, though she tried her best to be strong there was no hiding her sadness, she walked up behind me and began to braid messy hair, “with the people who do care about you.”

My eyes watered though I held back the tears.

Peter looked at me, before looking around at the rest while pulling out the very last roll from his robe, looking guilty. He placed it on my plate.
“I was saving this for the train ride, but it looks like you need it more than me.”

I eyed it suspiciously, not fully trusting Wormtail. But I was so hungry I felt I couldn’t remember the last time I are, and the roll looked very appetizing.
“Thank you, Wormtail,” I tried my best to smile, though I felt like I had forgotten how to at the moment.

James looked at me, and I could feel his judgement too. I hurt people he loved, I understood that all too well.

I wanted to look at Remus, but I knew it would be too painful. So I quietly ate the roll not daring to look at him.

Dumbledore stood and the entire hall went quiet, Lily finished my braid and sat back down next to James.
“And so ends another term at Hogwarts,” he began walking to his owl podium, “though we mourn the death of our friend Virginia Clements, let this be a reminder of how one wrong decision can affect the lives of so many around us. Be careful of the paths you choose, and remember that love will always overpower evil.

Let us celebrate her life and remember her as she was, a loyal friend, and a bright witch always ready to stand up for what’s right.”

Though he didn’t look at me, I knew that he meant that for me.

“Enjoy your holidays, and be safe. See you all next term.”

Everyone quietly stood, and we began to make our way to the carriages.

I looked at Noah and gave a weak unsure smile.
“You know, we can’t break tradition,” I reached into my bag and pulled out the camera, “we need to take our end of term picture.”
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 am

I pulled Morgan close as she took our yearly photo.
This year alone, so much happened, it all felt like an eternity.

TRAIN WILL BE LEAVING IN ONE HOUR

“Meet you inside?” I hugged her tight and ran off.
As fast as I could run towards the astronomy tower.
After the prior night, I felt like I needed to talk to Adriana. Summer was about to start and we'd be seeing a lot of eachother during family events, better be on good terms.

I stopped at the door, hearing the voices from inside the classroom.

“Their powers have developed well beyond any Alexandrov before them.” Adrianas voice came through.

“But are they an asset or a liability? I heard the females loyalties often vary. In the wrong hands, a young and powerful Alexandrov descendant….”

“Brother, enough. Nathaniel, do you wish to enter?” Adrianas stopped her brother from continuing but I had a strong feeling that a rouge Alexandrov didn’t end well.
Opening the door, I found myself in the all too familiar Divinations classroom. The round room, covered in desks with the empty stage area in the middle, where Adriana stood, next to her stall man with gray strawberry blonde hair and next to them a man bound to his wheelchair.

Adrianas indigo eyes found me, a trait not shared by the rest of her immediate family.

“Uncle Nikolayev, cousin Ivan.” I approached slowly, not wanting the ending of their original conversation to be aimed at me.
“To what do we owe the pleasure?”

Ivan addressed me first. I’d only ever met him less than a handful of times. According to mom, he was some bigshot at the Ministry, big head to go with it.
“With the recent passing of your aunt and grandmother, it now falls on to my father and I to plan the Alexandrov ball here at Hogwarts in the fall.”

The famous Alexandrov ball. According to the old textbooks, the original Hogwarts castle was once the home of the great architect Cyrus Alexandrov, who donated it to the founders and helped build the school we know today. 5 years after the school opened Cyrus died and the founders held a ball in order to remember him and the service he’d done for the school, tradition was formed and every five years a ball is held. It is normally planned by the oldest living Alexandrov descendant and first born child, with the passing of our grandmother, the honor would’ve been my aunt Anastasias but without her it would fall on Ivan and his father.

“I’d completely forgotten about the ball.” I tried to muster as small laugh to ease the tension. I failed.

“It seems you have been preoccupied with less important things. Might I suggest you begin to focus on the bigger picture, cousin.” The last word sounded like poison in his mouth.
“Father, we are to leave soon. Gather up his things Luscan.”

From behind him a small house elf materialized. He had large, tennis-ball brown eyes , pencil-like nose and long, bat-like pointed ears, he wore a what looked like an old and stained pillowcase as a shirt.
“Yes master.”

“You have a house elf? That’s barbaric.” The words came out faster than I could think.

Adriana once again focused her eyes on me, her brother and father following.
“Nathaniel! That is no way to speak to someone from the Ministry, let alone family.”
She placed a hand on my shoulder and began escorting me out.
“If there is nothing you need, join Morgan at the train. She’s going to need all the support she can.”
My cousin shut the door and with a small zap the room behind went silent.

Annoyed, I sighed.

TRAIN WILL BE LEAVING IN 15 MINUTES.

I made it back on the train with perfect timing. It didn’t take long to find Morgan in a empty compartment, like tradition stated.
“So, I’m willing to wager that next year is going to be even crazier than this. Wait till I tell you who I bumped into earlier.”

Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 6:04 pm

I felt a wave of relief come over me as Noah pulled me close, glad he didn’t reject traditions over what had happened this year. I snapped the picture and put the camera back in my bag.

”Meet you inside?”

He hugged me and I hugged him back, and nodded.
“I’ll be waiting for you, don’t miss the train.” I watched him run off and I turned my attention back to the carriages.

Just then, Remus and I made eye contact.

Quickly I looked away, my heart pounding in my chest. I got into the carriage with the Slytherins.

“I’ll be by your window at midnight,” Lucius whispered to me, “the Dark Lord will be expecting you.”

I nodded.
“I’ll be ready.”

“Will you be sitting with me?” His lips were a little too close to my ear.

Narcissa glared at me, not liking the fact that her boyfriend was so close to me. And honestly I didn’t like it either.

“Like I tell you every year, Lucius, it’s tradition to sit alone with Noah on the train.”

I scoot over a bit away from him and looked outside the carriage as it began to move. I didn’t know what would await me this summer, but I was so relieved to be going home where I wouldn’t have to face anyone if I didn’t have to.

The carriage ride felt too painfully long for me, so as soon as we got to Hogsmeade Station I quickly hopped out. My heart sank when I saw Remus waiting for me next to the train. I turned around and walked as fast as I could.

“Morgan!” He called out to me.

I froze in my spot. Slowly I turned around to face him.
“Yes?” My voice was weak.

He walked over to me.
“I’m sorry,” he began, “I was an idiot, I should have believed you and your visions, I should have been by your side and I wasn’t and I ended up pushing you away over to Lucius. I miss you, Morgan. Can you forgive me?”

I looked at him for a moment, my eyes watering, feeling like I should be the one apologizing.
“I forgive you,” I looked away, “and I missed you more than anything, but I need time.” I needed to get through tonight before I focused on lesser problems.

He couldn’t hide the looks of disappointment on his face, but he nodded.
“Just remember I am only an owl away.”

I nodded.
“I love you,” I didn’t look at him as I said the words, I walked into the Hogwarts Express.

I searched for the usual compartment that was empty and saw Noah and I’s owls secure on the overhead shelf. I put my bag next to Rose and stroked her feathers before sitting down and waiting for Noah to arrive.

5 MINUTES FOR DEPARTURE

My leg bounced with anxiety, where was he?

Just when I was about to stand up to look for him, he walked in and sat down in front of me.

“So, I’m willing to wager that next year is going to be even crazier than this. Wait till I tell you who I bumped into earlier.”

“Cousin Ivan and uncle Nikolayev?” I blinked.

I didn’t have too many memories of them, just the occasional family party and money on my birthdays. All I really knew from them I had heard from mum.

Nikolayev was power hungry, and because he didn’t have the sight he went on a mission to procreate as much as possible until producing an heir with the Alexandrov gift. But his downline was watered down, and he had 12 children before he had Adriana. The only one of his offspring to have seer abilities. Though not as strong as Noah and I.

Cousin Ivan made no attempts to hide his jealousy at the fact that Noah was the only male Alexandrov descendant with  inherited powers.

Noah told me all that had happened, from them talking about us to the passing of my mother bringing the responsibility of the Alexandrov Ball to their shoulders.

But all I could think about was how Voldemort would try to mess this up too. I pushed the thought aside, only wanting to focus on normal. Whatever normal is.

“Looks like it will be an interesting year indeed,” I smiled at him, “we’re going to have to go shopping for the Ball. We are guests of honor after all.”

After this year, I hoped that our 6th year would be kinder to us, even though I knew it was too much to as given our circumstances. I looked at my arm where the Dark Mark was concealed under my long sleeve and wondered if I would ever have a chance at some kind of normalcy.

”Once he is defeated,” I thought, ”when he is dead, I can be happy…”

I looked out the window for a moment.
“I wonder what life will be like back home without mum…” I said this more to myself than to Nathaniel. Though I knew mum was always with me I longed for her embrace more than ever now.

The train ride felt shorter this time, and so did the ride home. Sahar had picked us up, her vision had improved dramatically ever since she had stopped suppressing her visions.

I made a mental note to shield myself from her too.

We got home and we put our things in our rooms and had dinner.

I was about to go to my room when Sahar pulled me aside.
“I know I haven’t been able to be here for you with my traveling,” she began, “I’ve cancelled my trips for the summer so I can look after you, like mum would have wanted.”

I looked at her for a moment and hugged her tight, trying to hold back tears.
“Thank you sissy,” I pulled back and smiled at her, “and welcome back.”

She wiped a tear away, smiling too.
“It’s good to be back.”

I looked at her pained but happy expression and felt a pang of guilt, I would have to lie to my sister too.

“Promise me something?” I bit my lip.

“What is it?”

“Promise me that no matter what, you’ll have my back, yeah?”

Sahar smiled and nodded.
“Always.”

I nodded in acknowledgement.
“I’m going to head to my room and nap, or sleep… It’s been a rough few months.”

“I know,” she stroked my hair, “go rest.”

I hugged her one last time before going to my room.

The house was quiet as everyone slept. I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling, mentally exercising my occlumency so as to stay away from the seer radars that attempted to peek into my future. I hoped that if I tried hard enough nobody could see what would happen tonight.

A knock on my window made me sprint up with fright, I got up and moved towards it to see Lucius on his broom. I carefully opened it making sure I made no noise.

“Hello, gorgeous,” he flashed a perfect smile.

I rolled my eyes at him.
“Save that for your girlfriend, Malfoy.”

“Hey, you’re the one who left this,” he smirked at me.

“Well, I—“ my sentence was interrupted by the sound of my bedroom door creaking. I turned and locked eyes with Sahar.

“What’s going on in here?” She blinked, holding two hot cups of tea, “what’s Lucius doing here?” Sahar then gasped, smiling, “are you guys finally getting together?”

“Um,” I stared for a moment, “I’m going to sneak out with him for a bit, but no one can know. I’ll be back soon just cover for me, okay?”

“I’ve got your back, sissy,” Sahar looked excited about my little rendezvous, “you have fun, your secret is safe with me.”

“Thank you,” I hugged her tight, “don’t let anybody in here.” I pulled away and put a blanket over my pillows to make it look like I was sound asleep in my bed.

I got on Lucius’s broom behind him and he sped off after waving goodbye to my sister.

“See?” He grinned, “even Sahar knows I’m better for you.”

“Are we really going to do this now, Lucius?” I grew annoyed, “I think we have more important things to focus on at the moment.”

He chuckled.
“Right, world domination first, us later.”

I rolled my eyes once more, though he couldn’t see, and the rest of the trip was spent in silence.

Looking around , I noticed we weren’t anywhere near Malfoy Manor. In fact, it all looked muggle-like and all too familiar.
“Lucius, where are we going?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Grimmauld Place,” he replied, “the Dark Lord likes to switch up where we meet, harder for the aurors to catch up.”

I bit the inside of my cheek. This was Sirius’s home, I wasn’t keen on the idea of it being used as Death Eater headquarters. But I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to show how annoyed I was. I didn’t want to seem suspicious.

With a smooth landing, we were now in front of the Black residence. I looked around, making sure no muggles were around as the building began to roar as it expanded to reveal the building marked with the number 12.

Lucius took my hand, and led me inside. The door closed behind us and I could hear the faint scraping of stone on stone as the building concealed itself once more.

“Hey hot stuff.”

I looked up the stairs to see Regulus smiling at me.
“Reg!” I pulled my hand from Lucius’s and ran up the stairs to hug him tight.

Lucius rolled his eyes.
“Isn’t it past your bed time, Regulus?”

“This is Master Regulus’s home,” a house elf, Kreacher, spoke up peeking from behind his master’s legs, “you should show respect to the Noble House of Black.”

“Nobody asked you, stupid elf,” Lucius spat.

“Hey!” Regulus looked down at him, his voice surprisingly full of authority, “Kreacher is right, this is my family’s home and you will show me respect.”

“Listen you little—“

“Enough!” I interrupted Lucius, “your forget Regulus is my friend too.”

“Possibly more than friend,” Regulus enjoyed getting a rise out of him.

I rolled my eyes.
“Both of you play nice, I don’t need more drama on my plate.”

“You’re so hot when you’re demanding.”

“Really Reg? Keep that up and I’ll show you how hot I can be,” I crossed my arms, my expression stern.

“What is taking so long?” Abraxas stood at the door that led to the dining room. “The Dark Lord’s patience is wearing thin.”

“My apologies, Mister Malfoy,” I didn’t meet his gaze.

“You both get in here now,” Abraxas looked at Regulus, “and you boy, run along.”

Regulus rolled his eyes and hugged me.
“Good luck,” he kissed my cheek before running upstairs.

I cleared my throat and turned around, feeling Abraxas’s judging look upon me as I made my way to the next room.

The table was full and all occupants had their eyes on me, but my eyes had darted to the floating man above the table.

“How nice of you to finally join us, Alexandrov,” Tom’s voice snapped me out of it, “I’ll explain out guest, sit.”

I looked around the table and saw an empty seat between my father and Lucius. Quickly I made my way there, not wanting to anger him, Father gripped my hand under the table.

“Lucius informs me that you had been very cooperative back at the school,” he began, “ even helped with the planning of the mission I had given to you all,” he walked over and put his hands on my shoulders, “but I wonder, Miss Alexandrov, how is it that you were not able to foresee our plan being sabotaged?”

My heart raced.

“I was under the influence of a veela, my Lord,” I swallowed hard, “it interfered with my mind, blocking all visions.”

His grip tightened, from the corner of my eye I could see the worried look on Lucius’s face.

“Is that so?” He got closer to my ear, “tell me, what are you willing to do for me?”

“Anything, my Lord,” I tried my best to keep my voice from shaking.

“Would you… Kill for me?”

I remained frozen for a moment, I took a deep breath.
“Yes.”

He grinned evilly.
“Prove it.”

“M-my Lord?” I felt like I was going to throw up.

He straightened up.
“Bring him, Vincent.”

Without loosening his grip, we apparated together.

I closed my eyes and concentrated hard on the only person I felt wouldn’t betray my secret and not hold it against me. Sahar.

We apparated to a clearing in the middle of a thick forest, and right behind us dad and the man.

“This,” Tom lifted the man with his wand, “is Nero Crowder, muggle sympathizer, and head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement.” He looked at me, “we’ve already made our mark at Hogwarts, but to make our mark in the ministry,” he grinned, “we start to gain true power.”

I saw something in the distance behind me, a flash of red hidden behind the bushes. I felt a little safer now.

“Do you agree that people like him should be exterminated in order to put the proper people into positions of power?”

It was then I realized I was in too deep.
“Yes, my Lord.”

He looked at my father and nodded. Vincent handed me his wand, I looked at Tom.

“Prove that you would do anything for our cause, Alexandrov,” Tom got closer to me, “like your ancestors before you, you also have what it takes to make the wizarding world great once more. Kill him.”

“P-please,” Nero could hardly speak, “don’t.”

“Do it now!”

I kept my eyes from watering, I maintained myself stoic. I lifted the wand and pointed it at him, suddenly the atmosphere changed, and I knew it was Sahar shielding me. I looked at Nero in the eyes.
“Avada Kedavra.”

He fell to the ground with a loud thud, and Tom laughed his evil laugh. It was all I could hear as I was apparated away. I was now in my tree house, my father standing before me.

“Are you alright?” He cupped my face.

“I just killed a man,” I sobbed, gripping my chest, “oh my God I killed a man!”

There was a crack in the air.

“Experliarmus!”

Vincent’s wand flew out of his hand, we both looked as Sahar ran to us.

“How dare you?!” She screamed at him, “How dare you corrupt her?!”

“Sahar,” I tried to keep my composure, “please, you’ll wake everyone up.”

“That is what you are concerned about?!” She was crying too, “leave and never come back you sad excuse of a father!” Vincent ran and got his wand, he gave us a final look before apparating away.

“Morgan,” she ran to me and held me up, “if I hadn’t been there to shield you from the Ministry you would have been sent straight to Azkaban! What is going on, tell me.”

“I have to stop him,” I cried, “but I’m in so deep, sissy, I’m terrified.”

"What are you talking about," she gripped my arms looking into my eyes.

"I decided to infiltrate his army to stop him," I tried to keep my voice from shaking but it proved difficult, "but I didn't think, I... I didn't think it would get this far. I don't know what to do."

She cradled me, rocking me back and forth. Rain began to pour.
“It’s okay, we’ll figure this out…”

I continued to cry onto her, feeling like I should have been killed instead.

Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

I walked through the old Alexandrov manor, the home of so many seers before me. The large marble columns and high ceilings made it look like a castle.

My home, I thought, sometimes a prison.  

Generations of Alexandrov descendants have lived here, dating farther back than my grandmother and most recently to Morgan, Willa and me.

Walking passed the familiar hallways I found Willaminas room, not too far from my own.  
She was still in her cradle, asleep; my little sister. Unlike myself, she was a true heir to the family looks. Her dark red hair and light features, not to mention the indigo eyes. We looked nothing alike, similar to the rest of the gifted side of the family.  
“And yet, you fit right in with us.” her voice seemed to glide around the room. She had that effect.

“I’ve asked you multiple times to not read my mind, mother.”  

My mother stood by the door, wearing a short white dress.
“You should learn how to use Occlumency. I’ve noticed Morgan herself has gotten very good at it. She’s a strong one.” She smiled at the mention of Morgans name.
“Much like her mother.” The smile quickly faded.  

“Mom...”

“Regardless, occlumency will help you further down the road. We’ll spend the holiday practicing.”
She quickly composed herself, the split second of any negative emotion was completely gone.  
“Now, you and your cousin get settled. Your father will be making dinner, your favorite, burgers.”

Willa reached up, hugging me from the back.
“Hey, firefly.” I pulled her up and rested her on my side.  
“You’ve gotten so big.”

My mother came and gave us quick kisses on the cheeks.  
“I’ve got to go. The Hall of Prophecies at the Ministry has been a disaster since...”
She staggered for a moment, trying to find the right words that wouldn’t ruin her composure.
“Well, let us just say I don’t know how they are going manage from here on out.”

“Mom. I miss Anastasia too. We all do.”
She stopped at the door, placing a perfectly manicured hand on the doorway.

“Yes, we do.”
With those words, our mother left the room.

Willas eyes focused on mine.
“She’s not always a cold witch, no she isn’t.” Using my best baby voice, my sister giggled.

Dinner went off perfectly.
The family caught up, we laughed; seeing Morgan laugh for the first time in a long time was like a breath of fresh air. This also included my mother, who had been offered my aunts old job as Head of the department of Prophecies at the Ministry of Magic.  
We seemed like a perfectly normal magical family.  

As the evening drew to a close, everyone began getting ready for bed.  
I hugged my mom and dad, taking Willa with them; then Sahar, who had stayed after my aunt had died.

I looked over to Morgan, who seemed uncomfortable but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get into her head. My mother was right, she was good.

Don’t do anything stupid
. I mouthed in her direction and went towards my own room.

The crack in the air woke me first.

“Experliarmus!”  

I could hear Sahars voice coming from outside the house.
“How dare you?!” She screamed at him, “How dare you corrupt her?!”

Immediately, I grabbed my wand.
“Silencio maxima.”
I sealed the house from outside noises, hoping that whatever was happening outside wouldn’t wake my parents.  

With another loud crack sound, I was in the backyard just in time to see Vicent apparate away.

Sahar cradled Morgan, rocking her back and forth as the rain began to pour.
“It’s okay, we’ll figure this out…”

“Morgan!”  
I ran as fast as I could, kneeling in the mud next to them.  
“What happened? Was it Him? Voldemort?”

“Voldemort?! The two of you have a lot of explaining to do. Now.” Sahar didn’t let go of Morgan as I explained most of what had happened during our 5th year at Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)   Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Times Are Close (Closed to Alex Johnson)
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next