Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Empty
PostSubject: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Wednesday, September 1st, 1976

The sound of the curtains being opened and the dim light that took over the room woke me up. I groaned softly as I sat up on my bed to see my mother staring out the window at the rain.
“Morning, mum,” I rubbed my eyes getting the sand off.

“Good morning, Firefly,” she seemed worried, “terrible weather, isn't it?"

I stood and walked over to her, I wrapped an arm around her and looked out the window with her, trying to understand why the rain gave her such uneasiness.

“I’m sure that if anything was going to happen, I would have seen it too mum,” I smiled at her, “everything will be fine, you’ll see. Once I’m back home for Christmas holiday you’ll have forgotten all about it. Besides, is there anywhere safer than Hogwarts?”

She nodded and kissed the top of my head.
“You’re right,” she gave me a soft smile, “Dumbledore is a great man, he’ll keep you guys safe.” She took a moment to look around my room, “finish packing up Firefly we leave in two hours, I prepared your uniform,” she motioned at the clothes she left neatly on the bed, “breakfast will be ready soon.”

I hugged her tight.
“Thank you.”

She hugged me back.
“I love you, darling.”

“I love you too.”

Mum let go of me and smiled, looking into my indigo eyes, the same as hers. An Alexandrov seer trait.
“Go on then,” she walked out closing the door behind her.

I looked at my wrinkle-free robes and smirked, I could feel the excitement build up inside me. I missed Hogwarts.

A screech snapped me away from my thoughts, I looked over to my bed where my owl stood atop some letters I was reading before bed, the last letters of the summer holiday.
“Ah yes, thank you, Rose,” I walked to her and kissed the top of her head before picking up the letters. I glanced through them one more time. A letter from Regulus talking about how he was excited to participate in the Quidditch tryouts; A letter from Sirius detailing different ideas for mischief he had for the school year – Which I thought were brilliant. Smiling brightly I looked at my letter from Remus, we had been getting closer after breaking up with his girlfriend, and I was hoping this would be the year he would ask me out. There was a postcard from Sahar during her stay in Brazil, the picture was beautiful.

Lastly, there was the card from grandmother Cassie’s funeral.

I looked at it for a moment, as she smiled in the picture they used for it. I missed her terribly. I was transported back to the past- grandma, Noah, and I used to catch fireflies together. She claimed they helped seers to concentrate on their visions because the light they emitted was like the one we saw before a vision hit.

With a sigh, I put them all neatly in a box and stored the box under a loose plank in the floor, where I hid all of my treasures.

In a hurry, I brushed my teeth and showered, finished packing all the essentials, put Rose in her cage, and got dressed. I walked down the stairs and began to walk down the ancestral portrait hall.

“Good morning, grandmama,” I smiled at her.

“Hello dear,” she smiled back, “ready for your sixth year?”

“I’ve got a good feeling about this term,” I nodded, “especially since I was made Slytherin Quidditch Captain.”

“My my, a prefect and quidditch captain, you’re quite the overachiever!”

“Have to represent the family,” I chuckled.

“I hope you have a lovely year, Firefly.”

“Thank you, I love you,” I kissed my fingertips and she did the same, we “touched” them to each other.

“I love you too,” she gave me a nod.

I walked into the kitchen and my aunt Elizabeth smirked.

“Finally her royal highness decides to grace us with her presence,” she put a stack of waffles on the table.

I rolled my eyes.
“I don’t see Noah here yet, aunt Elizabeth, perhaps your sarcasm would be more suited for his arrival?” I grinned.

She eyed me and shook her head.
“Your cousin was already here, he got called away by your uncle.”

“Oh…” I sat down, my mum started piling things up on my plate.

“Quit egging your aunt on and eat your breakfast,” she whispered in my ear.

I chuckled to myself and started to eat. Nothing could ruin my mood today.

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:32 pm

The cold and wet breeze peeked through the curtains, letting the rain into the room. I groaned, forcing myself to sit up and close the window.

“Good Morning.” he murmured from underneath the pillow. “What time is it?”

I scavenged the room, trying to find my underwear and pants.  
“I thought you said spending the night was too much commitment.” I chuckled, finally finding my clothes.

“I was too tired; you ware me out.” Sirius began to laugh sitting up and pulling me down for a kiss. “Round three?”  

“Do you only think with your groin?” I shoved Sirius Black on to the bed.
“Besides, I have to have breakfast with my family and you need to leave without being seen.”

Although we didn’t make it a habit of spending the night, Sirius had gotten good at coming and going unseen. We’d been seeing each other most of the summer, him coming after hours and stashing his bike behind the manor.  

I never thought I’d be sharing a kiss with notorious flirt and Marauder Sirius Black, but we just seemed to grow close over the summer. I had recently broken up with someone and Sirius was still seeing Katora, but it didn’t stop us from getting to know each other.

“You’re kicking me out?” Sirius stood; his naked body exposed.
“You sure you don’t want to come back to bed?”
I threw his pants to him.

“You need to leave. Katora is surprising you and James with a ride to Platform 9 1/3. Leave now and you’ll beat her there.” I threw on the first shirt I could find.
“Oh, and use the front entrance. My father wants to talk.”

Sirius sat back on the bed, tying his shoes. “I’m never going to get used to that seer thing.”  
He found his shirt, threw it on and grabbed my hips pulling me close to him. The kiss was rough, fun and sexy; making me melt. “I’ll see you on the train.”
And with that, he was out through the bedroom window.

I made my way down the hall, bringing myself to stop in front of Morgans door.
We’d both be going into our sixth year and soon off to face the real world.
I couldn’t help but feel excited about what the future held for us but something in my stomach told me to be wary, not everything would be easy this year.
I decided I'd see her later for breakfast.

Continuing passed the ancestral hallway, I stopped for a moment giving a kiss to my Grandmother.

My mother was in the kitchen preparing batter that would soon become waffle.
“Good Morning Mom.”

“Good Morning Nathaniel.” she greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.
“Your things are packed and waiting for you in the living room and your aunt has taken the liberty of ironing your robes. The muggle way. She finished her sentence by placing one hand on her forehead.  

I grabbed an orange and began heading towards the main dining room where my father awaited.

“Nathaniel?” I turned towards my mother.
“Inform Mr. Black that next time he parks his vehicle in my garden, there will be a problem.”

I scarfed down a piece of my fruit, as well as a mouthful of shame.

Exclamation [EDITING REQUIRED: Add Noah/Edmund conversation.] Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net/
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 11:21 pm

I heard the faint sound of a motorcycle and smirked to myself as I unraveled the morning’s Daily Prophet thinking Sirius had a long way ahead of him with all of this rain. I rolled out the newspaper and the headline made my smirk fade.

22 Muggle-Borns Found Dead In Central London

Quickly I folded the newspaper in the Quidditch section not wanting my mum or my aunt to see.

My aunt looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
“What?”

I looked at her and blinked.
“What what?”

She sighed.
“Morgan Elizabeth, you know very well I’m not able to read your thoughts anymore. Just tell me what you saw on the front page.”

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it…” I took a bite off my bacon, feeling grateful that Severus taught me Occlumency last year, he said I was gifted at it. “Just uh…” I scanned the page chewing on the bacon to buy myself some time, “the blonde beater for the Hollyhead Harpies was sent to St. Mungo’s with a concussion, she’s my favorite player of the team.”

Aunt Elizabeth looked at me for a moment but seemed satisfied with my answer, she turned around and finished cooking the sausages.
“That’s a shame, Cassidy Mergold is a terrific beater.” She served the sausages on the last empty plate. “I suspect they’ll be looking for a replacement, you should write them a letter.”

I gave a one-shoulder shrug.
“I just might.”

The door to the den slid open behind me, and out came uncle Edmund and my cousin to join us at the breakfast table.

“Good morning,” I smiled at them.

“Good morning, Morgan,” uncle Edmund patted the top of my head, “ready for another exciting year at Hogwarts?”

“You kidding me? I’m ecstatic, finally reached the goal of being Captain of the Quidditch team,” I put the Prophet on my lap under the table where no one could see, I took off the first page of it and slipped it over to Noah, from the corner of my eye I could see his face fill with concern.

“Next stop, the English National Quidditch Team,” he smirked at me before taking his seat.

Breakfast went by quick, and we started putting everything away in the car, I managed to sneak the Prophet page into my bag without anyone noticing. Uncle Edmund at the wheel and Aunt Elizabeth next to him; Noah, mum, and I sat in the back with ample space due to the extendable charm on the car.

When we got to King’s Cross Station, we had a few muggles stare at us over how many things we were able to fit in the trunk. We took our luggage and placed it upon our respective trollies, and made our way inside. We reached the wall between platforms 9 and 10.

“Alright, group picture!” My mother smiled, taking out a camera from her bag.

It had become a tradition to take a picture on the day we go to school, and the day we return home; mum liked to keep it in an album to keep track of how much we change and grow over the years. We all lined up and smiled for the camera, waving. She snapped the picture.

Noah said goodbye to his parents, mum hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back, taking in that familiar scent that smelled like home.
“I love you so much, mum. Sahar said she’d be going back home on Saturday, so try not to worry too much.”

“I’ll be fine,” she kissed the side of my head, “your aunt is helping me all the time.” She pulled back and looked into my eyes, “Firefly I need you to be cautious this year, I can’t shake the feeling that this won’t be an easy term…”

I nodded and gave her a reassuring smile.
“I’ll be fine, we all will be,” I kissed her cheek, “see you in December.”

“See you,” she tried her best smile back at me and let go.

The two of us ran through the wall and reached Platform 9 ¾, I was so happy to be back! I looked around to see if I could spot any of our friends.
I kept looking around but there were too many people in the way.
“Let’s just go to the compartment, they’ll find us there,” I spoke to Noah, he gave me a nod and we left our trunks along with the rest of them so they could be stored away, taking only our owls and our bags.

We reached an empty compartment, just like we did every year per tradition. We liked to spend the train ride together because school could get hectic sometimes and we wouldn't be able to hang out as much as we'd like.

I put Rose’s cage on the floor in front of the window before sitting down, I looked at Noah as he closed the compartment door.

“First thing mum said to me when I woke up was that dark times are close,” I took out the article, “and then this makes headlines. I know mum’s had issues with her head after the accident but I can’t help but feel that it’s connected, this isn’t the first case of muggle-born murders lately… Mum keeps warning me to be careful. Have you seen anything?”

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 8:10 pm

“Alright, group picture!” My aunt Anastasia smiled, taking out a camera from her bag.

My mother hugged me tightly.
"I love you very much."

"Love you too mom."

"If you need us, speak to the Headmaster; then send an owl. We'll be there." My father brought everyone back into a big group hug.

I gave my parents one more look before going through to platform 9 3/4, something felt like the next time I'd see them everything would be different. I felt a sharp pain at the realization that this is the first time our family has seen us off without my grandmother.
I missed her.

Passing through to the platform always sparked a sense of excitement, you never knew what a new year at Hogwarts would bring.

I could feel his gaze before noticing him from the corner of my eye.
Even in the close pack of students, I could notice Thorfinn's blonde hair. We both stared at each other for a moment, choosing to politely smile and nod.

As per tradition, we found an empty compartment placing our things down. I placed Augurs cage on the floor, opposite Rose before closing the door and crashing on the seat.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't bring myself to be excited.
Somethings coming
These words circled in my brain.

“First thing mum said to me when I woke up was that dark times are close,” Morgan took out an article, “and then this makes headlines. I know mum’s had issues with her head after the accident but I can’t help but feel that it’s connected, this isn’t the first case of muggle-born murders lately… Mum keeps warning me to be careful. Have you seen anything?”

I sat up, taking in Morgans words.
"Dark times are close... No, I haven't seen anything." I clasped my hands. Since I began having visions at the end of our 4th year, Morgan and our grandmother had taught me as much as the could about being an Alexandrov seer and what that meant.
"I've had this pit in my stomach, this feeling, that this year will be different. "But I don't know how."

I stared at her for a moment, her indigo eyes that mirrored my own. It was common, if not expected, that every female Alexandrov descendant would have indigo-colored eyes. Along with the recognizable eyes, some of them were gifted a future sight.
Never in our history did a male have quarts colored eyes, let alone visions of what's to come.

I stared back up at Morgan. "I don't know what any of it means." I reached into my bag, pulling out a copy of Into The Dancing Fire by C. Alexandrov. "I wish she was here to help."
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 11:03 pm

"I've had this pit in my stomach, this feeling, that this year will be different. But I don't know how."

I looked out the compartment window at all the families saying goodbye to their children, you could tell the first years from the rest of the bunch. I wondered how their first term would go for them with all that was happening. I hoped that mother’s premonition was wrong, that it was all in her head.

Noah held a book in his hands I recognized immediately, Into The Dancing Fire by Cassandra Alexandrov. Grandma Cassie’s last publication before her death. I looked at him for a moment, the first Alexandrov male to inherit the gift of ‘sight’.

“We should go to the Forbidden Forest at some point, to catch some fireflies,” I gave him a soft smile, “we can continue your training there. Something tells me we’ll need all the visions we can get.”

I looked out the window once more and the train slowly began to move, people waving us off were soon replaced by a tunnel of bricks followed by the lush English country side. My brow furrowed lightly as I observed the rain slapping against the glass. For a moment I could have sworn the drops formed some sort of skull. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking again, it was gone.

I looked down at Rose and Augurs in their cages, they both rested together against the bars. At least they couldn’t be bothered with the current situation, oblivious to it all. To be an owl…

A loud explosion made me jump, the train bumped softly with the shock.

“What in the world?” I stood with my wand ready and opened the compartment door, my eyes widened as I saw Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter running towards me at full speed.

I moved aside and they flooded the compartment, Peter quickly shut the door behind him and they all collapsed on the seats with laughter. I sniffed the air and my eyebrows raised.

“You guys smell disgusting,” I raised my vest to my nose and laughed, “please tell me you guys didn’t do what I think you did.”

“Was your thought that we set off a bunch of dungbombs in a compartment full of Slytherins?” Sirius grinned at me as he tried to catch his breath, “because that’s totally what we did.”

“You should have seen the look on ol’ Snivelly’s face,” James took his glasses off to clean them on his robe, smiling brightly clearly proud with himself, “you could see the anger pooling in his eyes.”

“I wish you guys didn’t pick on him like that,” I frowned, “Severus is my best friend.”

“Your best friend is an arrogant tool,” he shrugged, “he deserves what he gets.”

I bit the inside of my cheek, I knew all of this was because of Lily, so I couldn’t really interject.
“Just… cut him some slack is all I ask.”

I looked at Remus, he had an apologetic look to his features.
“I tried to stop them,” he mouthed at me.

“I know,” I mouthed back, smiling at him so he’d know it was fine.

“So,” Sirius sat up, “back once again for another year at Hogwarts! How was everyone’s summer?”

I looked at him for a moment, head tilted.

“Oh, right…” Sirius scratched the back of his head, “my bad.”

“All things considered it wasn’t a terrible summer,” I shrugged, “grandma had been sick for a while so it was expected, but we kept busy so it wasn’t a--”

There was a knock at the door, and someone opened the compartment; in came the foul stench that was characteristic of dungbombs. It was Regulus.

“Did it ever cross your mind that this is why mother doesn’t love you?” He looked at his brother.

“Because I pick on her precious baby?” Sirius put his hands behind his head and his feet on the seat in front of him, “no that’s not it, it’s her blatant disgust of anyone who doesn’t fit into her mold of perfection.”

Regulus looked at me.
“Hey Hot Stuff.”

“Black,” I smirked.

“I’m sorry for what I’m about to do…”

I observed him as he walked over to Sirius and aimed a punch straight at his nose.

Then all chaos ensued, it took two prefects to tear them off each other.

“It’s better without you!” Regulus yelled at him as he was being dragged away.

“Yeah well you don’t have to worry about me coming back!” Though he was bleeding, Sirius looked happy with himself.

I raised an eyebrow once we all sat back down.
“Did I miss something?”

“He misses me, obviously,” Sirius used his tie to stop his nosebleed.

I looked at Noah for a moment.
“This will be an interesting year for sure,” I spoke to him through thoughts.

Lily walked in.
“I heard what happened,” she sat down between Sirius and Noah, “smelled it too.” She looked at Sirius and raised an eyebrow, “we haven’t even officially started the year and you’re already bloodied up?”

He smirked at her.
“No one has achieved greatness by playing it safe.”

“Lily,” I patted the seat on the spot next to me, “sit over here with me?”

She looked at me for a moment smirking, knowing exactly why I asked her to move. Without hesitation she got up and did as told, she whispered into my ear.
“What about Remus?”

I looked at him as he chatted with Peter, a blush came to my cheeks when I realized I was staring.
“Something tells me Sirius and Noah are a bit more developed at the moment,” I whispered back to her, “they got rather close this summer I hear.”

Lily looked at them before pulling out a book from her bag.
“So that's why he broke up with Thorfinn... “

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 1:50 am

The Marauders burst through the compartment doors, from the look and smell of things we were already going to be in trouble.
“Please tell me you guys didn’t do what I think you did.” Morgan covered her nose and laughed.

“Was your thought that we set off a bunch of dungbombs in a compartment full of Slytherins?” Sirius grinned at Morgan as he tried to catch his breath, “because that’s totally what we did.” His gaze shifted to me. "Hey. Long time no see." He winked, showing a perfect smile.

"Hi." I could feel the blood rushing to my ears. We'd just seen each other a few hours ago, but starring into those stormy eyes again, made it feel like an eternity. "We're not even at the school yet and you're already causing trouble."

"I'm always trouble." he mouthed only to me. "So," he sat up. “back once again for another year at Hogwarts! How was everyone’s summer?”

Sirius Black was handsome and he sure wasn't a Ravenclaw. For a moment, I allowed myself to think of my grandmother, her last title resting heavily on my lap.
Like my mind, the compartment was never quiet. The only moment where my mind stopped going in circles was when I felt Sirius place his body weight on my shoulder, feeling him so closeby provided a calming effect.

"Black," I heard Morgan reply. I looked up to realize Regulus standing at the entrance. I instantly felt Sirius become rigid, things weren't going great in the Black household. Sirius had decided not to go back at the end of our fifth year and had spent the summer at the Potters with James.

“I’m sorry for what I’m about to do…” Regulus went towards Sirius and then everything happened quickly.
Regulus landed a punch, I instantly grabbed hold of Sirius while Peter and Remus held Regulus back, eventually, two prefects were able to remove the younger Black. “It’s better without you!” Regulus yelled at him as he was being dragged away.

“Yeah well, you don’t have to worry about me coming back!” Sirius's confident smile was covered in blood, his nose probably broken. “He misses me, obviously,” Sirius used his tie to stop his nosebleed.

Reaching into my bag, I looked for my first aid kit and wand.
“This will be an interesting year for sure,” I heard Morgans voice in my head. I looked up, staring back at her raising my brow.

"Let me see that." I tried to grab on to Sirius's face but he caught my hands, again I felt the blood rush to my ears.

Lily walked in.
“I heard what happened,” she sat down between Sirius and me, “smelled it too.” She looked at Sirius and raised an eyebrow, “we haven’t even officially started the year and you’re already bloodied up?”

Sirius smiled, his teeth still covered in blood, nose crooked.
Morgan urged Lily to sit next to her, leaving the space between Sirius and me empty. "Are you gonna let me fix that, or not?"
He seemed to nod. "Episky," his grunt could've been heard through the train. I handed him one of my towels to clean himself with.

"Thanks, Warren.''

Remus made himself comfortable next to Morgan. "This must be a new record for you. Prefects and blood before we've even arrived," every few moments taking a chance to exchange a look with her.

"So," Lily spoke. "I came over to let you all know, we'll be arriving soon." She gave Morgan a hug, standing up and keeping her arms open for me. "Prudence is waiting for me."

She finished her goodbyes and headed out of the compartment.

"Alright Alexandrovs, sit down," James commanded everyone's attention. "Ready to show 'em?"

Sirius smirked, pulling out a piece of parchment. "We were going to wait until we were all in the Common Room, but nows a good a time as any."

"You're gonna love this." Remus stretched out his arms, placing one over Morgans' shoulders. " We spent most of the summer enchanting that piece of parchment, in order to show us anyone's location, at any time."

Sirius handed me the piece of paper, blank. "I'm confused. This parchment is blank." I opened it up more, showing the empty piece to Morgan. "There's nothing on it."

"Yet, Alexandrov's watch,'' James took back the empty parchment, pointing his wand towards it. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,'' the front of the paper changed.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Latest?cb=20140402134251

I looked up at Sirius, "Padfoot?"

Remus took hold of the map, "if this were to get into the wrong hands, we don't want our actual names on it." Again placing his wand over it. "Mischief managed."

"And there's a little something extra in case Snivellus gets his greasy hands on it." Peter joined in.

I could almost feel Morgans' eyes rolling towards the back of her head. "This is really impressive." I grabbed the map back from Remus. "Is it a homonculous charm?"

Before anyone could answer, the trains bell rang signalling our arrival at Hogwarts.

Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:52 pm

A soft smile graced my face as I observed Remus talking about the map, it was as if everything that came from him was deep, interesting, and complex, no matter the topic. I took a hold of the parchment and inspected it, carefully I began to unravel more and more layers from it.
“You guys really managed to capture the entirety of Hogwarts into this thing,” I was in awe, “this must be the most useful tool you could have ever created.”

“We’ll always have the one-up on Filch,” James' face was full of pride, “with this map, we’re virtually unstoppable.”

”Padfoot?” Noah questioned, my eyes fell upon the nicknames the Marauders went by on the map. Moony was first. I took a moment to take a good look at him, at all the faint scars that every full moon brought. My stomach dropped remembering that the next full moon was only a week away.

He took the map from Noah.
"If this were to get into the wrong hands, we don't want our actual names on it," he pointed his wand to it once more, "Mischief Managed." Everything on the parchment began to fade.

"And there's a little something extra in case Snivellus gets his greasy hands on it." Peter joined in.

I rolled my eyes, they couldn’t cut the guy a break.
“What is that ‘something extra’?”

He grinned and looked at Remus.

"Mr Moony presents his compliments to Severus Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business,” he began.

“Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony,” James continued, “and would like to add that Severus Snape is an ugly git.”

Sirius chuckled.
“Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like was ever invited to the Slug Club.”

“Mr Wormtail bids Severus Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime-ball," he held onto his robe, giving it a slight pull as his face was contorted by his smug grin.

I looked at them.
“Don’t you think that’s a bit harsh?”

They looked at each other.
“No,” they replied in unison.

"This is really impressive," Noah grabbed the map back from Remus, "is it a homonculous charm?"

The train’s bell rang, I looked out the window and saw the familiar scene of Hogsmead Station.
“We’re home,” I smiled at the group.

“First years this way!” Hagrid called out, holding his giant pink umbrella over himself to attempt to shield himself from the heavy rain.

“Let’s meet up at the Gryffindor Common room,” I spoke as I picked up my bag and Rose’s cage, I looked at James, “meet me after dinner near the one-eyed witch passageway, bring your cloak.”

“Oh?” A deviant smirk showed on James’ face, “looking to get into some mischief, Morgan?”

I gave a one shoulder shrug, smiling.
“Just figured we could smuggle some goodies in from the kitchen is all.”

“I like the way you think, Alexandrov,” Sirius patted my arm.

We all made our way out of the train. I pointed my wand up and gave it a good shake, a barrier bloomed from the tip keeping me dry.

“Sirius!”

We all turned to see Katora running towards us, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply.
“You said you’d return to me once you were done with your prank,” she looked at him, “why are you covered in blood?”

“Because he’s a git,” Regulus walked past us and hopped on one of the carriages, the smell of dungbombs was less potent than before, he looked out at me, “you coming, Hot Stuff?”

I shook my head as I smirked.
“Yeah, I’ll just be a minute,” I looked at James, “remember, meet me at the passageway.”

“Yes, ma’am,” he gave me a nod.

I looked at Sirius and Katora, then at Noah. I took her hand.
“Come on Kat, we need to get going, there’s so much to catch up on.”

She kissed Sirius fervently once more.
“I love you.”

He smiled at her.
“I know.”

“Let’s go,” I pulled her away from him, and led her to the carriages, “we’re all starving, you know?”

“Sorry,” she looked back at him, she smiled brightly waving him off, “I just hadn’t seen him all summer, you know? Didn’t hear much from him,” she jumped into her seat, “ever since he left home life has been so hectic to him, he didn’t really have time to write.”

I raised my eyebrows in surprise.
“Oh really? Must have been pretty busy.” I made a mental note to talk to Sirius tonight, “but hey, surely now that we’re here he’ll have more free time.” I took one last look at Remus before I hopped into the carriage, he waved me off.

Severus and Thorfinn were the last to arrive.

“Sorry about the dungbombs, Sevvy,” I gave him an apologetic smile, “I’ve tried to get them to stop.”

He looked at me and I could feel all of his anger and frustration, it was a bit of a jolt to my system. I focused on him and attempted to flood him with positive emotion; my head began to hurt and my eyes watered, I stopped. Severus’s mind was like a fortress, but I did manage to lighten up his mood a bit at much of my personal expense. Manipulating emotions took a heavy toll on me.

“Just wish they would at least be courteous enough to at least wait to be in the castle,” he sighed, “wasn’t even given the chance to give them a reason, you know?” The carriage began to move, “not to worry though, I’ve got plenty in store for them this year, I’ll have my revenge.”

I sighed, would this ever end?

I looked at Thor and playfully bumped into him.
“So, did things get better over the summer?”

“I kept busy,” was all he said before crossing his arms and leaning against the door.

I felt bad for him, Noah broke up with him the beginning of the holidays. They met from time to time, still I could tell it was a fresh wound.

There were so many emotions flooding the vehicle, I was grateful when we reached the castle and we jumped out and the students neatly made their way inside the Great Hall.

The sorting ceremony began, and soon after Dumbledore’s annual speech, then food. I finished my plate and looked at James, I gave him a nod before standing up.

“Where are you going?” Regulus looked up at me.

“I… need to go to the ladies room,” I started to walk away.

“I’ll come with,” Katora stood.

“No!” I said a little too loud, I cleared my throat, “don’t worry about it, you just stay here and uh, stare at Sirius.” I quickly walked out.

Katora sat back down and smiled looking at Sirius from across the hall.
“He is dreamy to look at, isn’t he?”

Regulus rolled his eyes.
“Sure,” he got up and walked out too.

I looked at the moon while I waited for James, it was at its first quarter phase. I always worried when looking at the moon, because I knew how it wreaked havoc on Remus’ system. I wished I could take it all away, to make him feel better, human.

“Ladies room, eh?” Regulus’ voice made me jump.

“What are you doing here, Reg?” I held my hand to my chest, “scared the heck out of me.”

He leaned against the one-eyed witch’s statue next to me.
“I can only take so much of the circus that is the Rowle/Noah/Sirius/Katora love square,” he said and also looked up at the moon, “whole thing’s a ticking time bomb if you ask me.” I could feel his gaze upon me now. “So what are you really doing here?”

I looked at him and smirked.
“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“I would…” He looked at my lips for a moment and leaned into me.

I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away gently.
“What are you doing?”

“Testing my luck,” he grinned, “guess it’s not my lucky day.”

I shook my head.
“You know I--”

“You love Remus,” he nodded and got off the statue, he put his hands in his pockets, “I know,” he began to walk away, “have fun with whatever it is you’re doing, I’m going to the common room for the night. Later, Hot Stuff.”

“See you later,” I nodded and saw James headed towards me.

He seemed puzzled looking at Regulus.
“What did he want?”

“He was just making sure I was alright,” I looked at my feet as I said that before meeting his eyes, “did you bring it?”

James nodded and pulled his invisibility cloak from his bag.
“Ask and ye shall receive.”

“Brilliant!” I smiled, “operation smuggle is a-go.”

We got under the cloak and made our way back to the Entrance Hall, we took a passageway and reached a hall with many food paintings, at the end of it was a painting of a fruit bowl. I tickled the pear and we gained entrance to the kitchens.

The house elves were all working hard getting everything cleaned up from the feast, a house elf approached us and looked up at us.
“Miss Alexandrov, Mister Potter,” she smiled, “up to more mischief?”

“Hey Twyla,” I removed the cloak from us, “you wouldn’t happen to have any extra butterbeer lying about, do you?”

“Butterbeer…” Twyla thought for a moment, “follow me.” She led us to the back where they kept barrels in storage, “these are for the professors but… I’m sure they wouldn’t mind a barrel or two going missing, after all the crew loves the stuff, could just say we drank it.”

I smiled.
“Keep it our little secret,” I looked at James, “ready?”

“Ready.”

He took a barrel and I took one, I stuffed a few goblets in my bag and handed Twyla a few galleons for her troubles. We went back under the cloak, and with Twyla waving us off we made our way out of the kitchen and over to the Gryffindor common room.

“Who’s there?” The Fat Lady looked around hearing our footsteps.

“Dragon's breath,” James whispered.

“Oh, it’s you Potter,” the door swung open, “come in.”

“Thank you,” he gave her a nod though she couldn’t see him.

We walked in to see our friends gathered around the fire.

“There they are!” Sirius jumped up and took the cloak from us and looked at the barrels, “gold!”

“Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!” I held the barrel up and they cheered. We set them up and started to drink.

I looked at Sirius.
“Could I talk to you for a second?”

“Yeah, sure,” he got up and followed me, talking a sip from his goblet. We went up the stairs and into the boys dormitory, he looked at me. “What’s up?”

“You need to break up with Katora,” I looked at him in the eye.

He nearly choked on his drink.
“Why?”

I crossed my arms.
“I know.”

He scratched the back of his head.
“How?”

“Your motorcycle isn’t exactly quiet,” I rolled my eyes, “plus you may have forgotten that being an Alexandrov comes with knowing many things.”

“Listen, I’m working on it, okay?” He took another swig, “don’t worry about it for now, let’s go back downstairs and have ourselves a good time.”

I took a deep breath and nodded.
“As long as you’re working on it…” I made my way towards the door.

“Would I ever lie to you?” He opened it for me.

“I would hope not, I’m always watching,” I wiggled my fingers at him for dramatic effect before we both made our way back downstairs.

We drank and drank until our cheeks were rosy, and we enjoyed good conversation until we passed out at the early hours of the morning.

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 7:24 pm

The train’s bell rang; “We’re home,” Morgan smiled at the group.

“First years this way!” Hagrid called out, holding his giant pink umbrella over himself to attempt to shield himself from the heavy rain.

I carefully grabbed Augurs cage, ensuring that I didn’t bump him against something.  

Everyone made their way outside, with a shake of my wand a barrier appeared keeping Augur and I dry.

“Sirius!”

We all turned to see Katora running towards us, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply.
“You said you’d return to me once you were done with your prank,” she looked at him, “why are you covered in blood?”

“Because he’s a git.” Regulus walked past us and hopped on one of the carriages.

Katora wrapped her arms around Sirius’, immediately I felt the jealousy rise, I shook it off choosing to deal with that feeling later. Sirius and I weren't an item, there was no reason to be jealous.  

I notice Morgan look at them, catching my glare. “Come on Kat, we need to get going, there’s so much to catch up on.”

She kissed Sirius stronger than before.
“I love you.”

He smiled at her.
“I know.”

“Let’s go,” Morgan pulled her away from Sirius and led her to the carriages.

Sirius turned to me. “Can we talk?”

I unclenched my fists; my nails had been digging into my palms. “Sure,” I looked over to James and the gang. “Do you mind?”

James pushed Sirius forward, placing his arms around Remus. “No, not at all.” He and Remus made kissy faces at each other and I felt my ears turn red. “Take all the time you need.” The rest of the Marauders finding their places in the carriages.

Sirius spoke first. “It’s not what it looks like.” It was no secret that Sirius and I had gotten close during the summer holiday, even beginning to sleep together even though everyone knew he was dating Katora Nikawa. “She doesn’t take no for an answer.”

“Sirius,” I closed the space between us when we were out of eyesight. “I really don’t care.” His breathing intensified, muttering cuss words under his breath. The gap between us ended in a strong kiss, the faint taste of Katoras cinnamon lip balm, and the lingering smell of dung bombs making the moment less romantic.  

“She,” I kissed him. “I’m,” again his words stopped with a kiss. “working on it.”

“Sirius Orion Black,” I took a step back. “I don’t care that you’re dating Kat,” the words didn’t feel true but I wasn’t going to get my hopes up of being in a relationship with Sirius, and then there’s Thorfinn. “This,” I pointed at the two of us. “Is fine the way it is.” I reached into my bag. “You left this at my place morning.” I placed the underwear on his chest. I turned and began walking back to the carriages.

“I didn’t wear underwear.” I heard him chuckle.

We sat through the sorting ceremony and Dumbledore's usual speech.

James stood, over at the Slytherins table I noticed Morgan do the same. “Where are you two headed?” I asked. His smug smile told everyone what they needed to know, mischief.

I sighed turning towards where Morgan stood and catching her gaze, she gave a small nod and smile. Next to her Thorfinn turned and instantly I could feel a sharp pain in my heart. Thorfinn and I had known each other since my second year, his third. He was my first boyfriend and my first everything. Similarly to earlier, he gave a weak smile.  

“I need to go to the restroom.” Sirius looked up concern obviously on his face.  

I made my way through the Grand Hall and out the doors, I wasn’t sure what I was feeling. On one hand, Sirius Black, I had told myself when this all started that I wouldn’t develop feelings for someone so unattainable. Then, Thorfinn, we’d dated for just over a year and everything had been perfect until my visions began making the future more real.  

I hadn’t noticed I’d been aimlessly walking around without a real destination until I noticed the tapestry of a suit of armor. “Bet you don’t have to deal with boy drama.”  I went to lean on the tapestry wall, instead, falling through it into a secret passageway.  

“Oh,” I heard someone speak. “Hi,” as I gathered myself off the floor, noticing Thorfinn sitting on the staircase.  

Embarrassed I waved back, “Hi, sorry, I didn’t know you’d be here.” I began scratching the back of my hair. “Or, that there was a here.” looking around it seemed like a narrow staircase leading up to what could be the second-floor corridor. “What is here?”

Thorfinn chuckled, “this is a secret passage from the ground floor to the second-floor corridor.” He closed his book and set it aside, a copy of Into the Dancing Fire, the last book my grandmother published before she passed. Thor noticed me starring, “This?” he picked the book up. “Yeah, I was planning on surprising you.’’ He looked up at me, his clear ocean eyes making remember every reason I loved him.

“Surprise me?” I wiped off the dirt from my robe, “surprise me how?”

Thorfinn picked up the book again, “To my family, my final words, I love you.” He stood, coming close, “Nathaniel,” his hand found the curve in my lower back pulling me close. His kiss was strong, passionate, and full of desire. “I’ve missed you.” The kiss scrambled my mind, his hands sliding further down my back.

“Thor,” I placed a hand on his chest. “I, we,” he kissed me again, this is karma. My arms found their way around his neck and the kiss deepened. His blazer was open and easy to take out, his buttoned-up shirt quickly joining. I let my hand trace his chest, his stomach, his hand finding my chin and shifting my gaze.

“I know,” he was never good at hiding his emotions, his blue eyes filled with sadness. “Let’s live in the moment.”  

“That was...different.” I chuckled, putting my robes back on.  

Thorfinn grabbed on to my hips, kissing my neck, I turned and kissed him.

“We should make it a regular thing,” his laugh didn’t last long. He bent down, grabbing his copy of Into the Dancing Fire.

I stared at the book, feeling my grandmother's disapproving stares. “Thor, I know things are confusing between us,” I chose to place some space between us, “and I want us to have clear terms.”  

“Noah, things are clear. You don’t want to be with me,” he crossed his arms. “but, that being said, it doesn’t change how I feel about you.”  

“It’s more complicated than that...”

He immediately put a hand up. “No, it isn’t.” Thorfinn grabbed the rest of his things and walked past me, stopping at the tapestry. “I hope you change your mind,” and with that, he was gone.

I held myself for a moment, it was more complicated than that. When I began having visions my grandmother had decided to do a tea leaves reading, in it we saw parts of my future and with it, the grim. I went up the stair towards the Gryffindor Common room.  

“Licorice Snaps,” the Fat Lady swung open. The Common Room was in full swing, prefect showing first years where everything was, friends who hadn’t seen each other since the holiday. From afar I noticed the Marauders sitting by the fire.  

“Noah!” I heard Peter call. Sirius looked up, flashing me his smile, he somehow always managed to look like an excited puppy.  

“Over here,” Sirius gestured at an empty spot next to him. I instead chose to sit next to Peter, concern on Sirius's face. “Noah?” he looked over me, noticing James and Morgan enter. “There they are!” Sirius jumped up looking at the barrel, “gold!”

We continued to drink until we passed out.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Thursday, September 2nd, 1976

The room was pitch black, I stood up trying to get a feel of my surroundings, but there was nothing I could touch except for the cold stone floor. I turned around, hoping to hear something, but the silence was deafening. All that could be seen was a small white dot in the distance. I decided to get closer, slowly so as to not trip on anything I couldn’t see. The dot became larger and brighter, as my eyes adjusted I could make out a figure in the middle.

I quickened my pace and the figure took shape, it was the back side of a throne. I took a deep breath and walked around it. My eyes widened seeing great uncle Ivan sitting on it, he looked afraid; covered in sweat and trembling.

“Are you alright?” I reached for his shoulder. Just as I was about to make contact.

“Go,” he spoke through gritted teeth, “run.”

I drew my hand back, fingers curling up toward my inner palm, as I was focused on his voice I saw something just on the edge of my peripherals.

“Wha-- Ah!” I screeched and took several steps back as a large snake came from behind the throne and snapped at me, it started coiling itself around my uncle, covering his mouth.

“Miss Alexandrov,” the snake hissed, “how wonderful of you to join usss,” it looked into my eyes and slid down onto the floor, off my uncle and over to me. I felt stuck, as if the snake had casted freezing charm on me, all feeling left my body and I was rigid. The snake began to coil around me, “one by one they fall, Morgan, and eventually you’ll see…” It squeezed me tight, “those who get in my way have only one fate…”

Before I could react the snake lunged at Ivan, trapping his neck in his powerful bite and ripping his throat.

“No!” I screamed.

My eyes fluttered open and I sat up, my heart beating frantically. I tried to catch my breath, I could feel my body covered in a layer sweat. I looked around me and sighed, I was in the Gryffindor common room.

“Are you alright?” My eyes darted to the source of the sound, it was Lily.

I nodded quickly and pushed my hair back away from my face.
“I’m okay,” I took a deep breath and looked at my friends who were passed out around me. I had been laying on Remus’ lap, Peter’s head was on mine. Sirius and Noah were snuggled up, James wasn’t around. “Where’s Prongs?”

“I woke him up so he could get cleaned up,” Lily was picking up the couch cushions from the floor, “I knew you guys would get into some sort of mischief so I decided to wake up before everyone else so you wouldn’t be seen.”

I smirked, all those years spent hanging out with us Lily knew us too well.
“Thank you,” I looked down, “Peter, wake up,” I pushed him softly, “I have to go.”

He groaned and rolled over, falling from the couch to the floor, he started to snore.

I shook my head and turned to see Remus, who was slowly waking. I kissed his cheek.
“Good morning.”

He smirked at me.
“Good morning,” he looked at the clock, “we better start getting ready for breakfast.”

I nodded and looked at him for a moment taking in his features before standing. I stretched and walked over to Noah.
“Noah,” I shook him softly, “wake up, we’re going to be late.”

He groaned.
“Fuck!” He shouted, and his eyes opened wide. He looked at me for a moment and cleared his throat, “uh, sorry.”

I shook my head trying not to laugh.
“Come on, we have to get ready for breakfast, we need to pick our classes today.”

He nodded and shook Sirius awake.

I observed him for a moment and wondered if I should share my dream with him, or just write a letter home and not worry him. I took a deep breath, he had to know.
“Noah, could I talk to you for a moment?”

He stretched on the couch and stood, I took his hand and dragged him to a corner.
“Is everything okay?”

I closed my eyes and put my hands to the side of his head and focused in on the dream I had, transporting him into it and letting him watch it play out. I took a deep breath once it was over, and slowly opened my eyes to see his reaction.
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 10:33 pm

The dream was pleasant and light. Beginning at home, the Alexandrov Manor, where Morgan and I sat across from each other. At our center, a game of Wizards Chess.

Morgan studied the board, her indigo eyes focused on the next move. "My queen takes your knight," Morgan said cheerfully. Her red queen figured turned towards my knight figure, closing the space between them and destroying my piece.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 350?cb=20090402084629

I stared at the broken pieces of my knight, "when did this game become so barbaric?" removing the broken pieces from the board. "And when did you become so good at Wizards Chess?" I smiled.

Morgan remained focus on the board, her focus never breaking. "I can't lose," she whispered.

I shifted my stance, "well with the way this is going, you might actually beat me for once."

"I need to focus, can't lose," her gaze still on the board. I shifted my attention to Morgan, her long red hair covered most of her face. "Can't lose, lost too much already," she began to tremble.

"Morgan?" I stood, rushing towards her and placing my hands on her shoulders. "Hey, Morgan? Come on, you're freaking me out. What's going on?"

Morgan looked up at me, she was crying, her tears scarlet. "I've given up everything," her hands covered in blood. "He must choose one Noah, one to be his equal. Only then can he be defeated by the boy with the scar. I can't lose this game," Morgan laughed a cold and hollow sound. The world around me darkened as her laugh echoed.

Noah, it continued.

Noah

Noah,

"Noah, wake up, we’re going to be late."

My eyes opened with Morgan sitting in front of me, "Fuck," I took a moment to gather myself. "Uh, sorry."

“Come on, we have to get ready for breakfast, we need to pick our classes today.” She said shaking her head. I nodded, unsure of whatever nightmare I'd just witnessed. I turned over towards Sirius and shook him awake. "Noah, could I talk to you for a moment?” She took my hand before I could answer and headed towards the corner.

She placed her hands on the side of my head and in a moment I could see through her eyes. her vision playing in my head. Uncle Ivan, the snake, his snake. In a blink, I was back in the Gryffindor common room, I took Morgans hands in mine, "one by one they fall... What could that mean?" I stared at her, "what could You-Know-Who want with Uncle Ivan? Or with you?" The thought of Morgan starring at the chessboard flashed, then the tear of blood, and I decided it was best not to think of it.
"Maybe we should see Adriana, after selecting our classes."

Morgan nodded in agreement, turning towards Remus.

Sirius found his way towards me, "what was that about?"

"I'm not really sure."
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 3:48 pm

"Maybe we should see Adriana, after selecting our classes."

Adriana Alexandrov, our great-aunt, and divinations professor. I nodded at Noah’s plan.
“Fine, we go get that taken care of and we meet at her door.”
I turned then to Remus and walked over to him, I took hold of his hand and kissed his cheek.
“I’ll see you later?”

He looked into my eyes and smiled, he gave me a nod before placing a quick peck on my lips.
“I’ll be waiting.”

A light blush took over my cheeks, butterflies filled my stomach. Not allowing myself to waste time though, I forced myself to leave Gryffindor Tower and head down to the dungeons.

I approached the wall at the end of the stairs.
“Parseltongue,” I whispered, and the ornate emerald encrusted door to the Slytherin Common Room materialized and opened, once I walked in it closed behind me, the faint sound of stone grinding could be heard as the door vanished.

“Is this the walk of shame I see?” Thorfin looked at me from the armchair next to the fireplace.

“To do the walk of shame implies I’d have to have done something I’d be ashamed of,” I smirked, “I have a nice and wholesome time out.”

“You? Wholesome?” He chuckled, “please, you try to act all innocent but I know you’d shag someone in the Quidditch pitch if given the chance.”

“I think you’re reflecting onto me, Thor,” I crossed my arms, amused.

“You know I’m just messing with you,” he looked at me for a moment, “Regulus was upset you didn’t come back to hang out with us, told him you were probably on a rendez-vous with that Lupin kid.”

I shrugged.
“I’m sure he’ll get over it,” I looked at the grandfather clock, “sorry to cut the chit chat but I need to shower before I go meet Professor Slughorn.” I waved him off before running down the stairs to the dormitories.

I showered, put on fresh clothes, and placed my prefect pin on my sweater. I grabbed my bag and ran out of the common room over to Slughorn’s office where a line formed in front of the door.

“Morgan! Over here!”

My eyes darted to Katora who waved her arms to get my attention, Severus was there with her. I grinned noting they were at the front of the line.

I made my way over to them, Severus stared at me.
“Where were you last night?”

“Out celebrating the start of another term,” I adjusted my bag’s strap on my shoulder.

“You’re going to cost us house points,” he let out an exasperated sigh, “that’s no way for a prefect to behave.”

“Since when do you care about house points, Sevvy?” I raised an eyebrow.

“He’s just nagging at you because he’s upset he didn’t get any Morgan time,” Katora chuckled, “and honestly so am I, I wanted to catch up with you last night.”

“We can catch up over breakfast,” I nudged them, “it’s not like we have much else to do today.”

The door opened and a fellow Slytherin walked out.

“Right, well I’ll see you at the Great Hall,” Katora smiled, “I’ll be waiting!” She walked in.

I took a step forward filling up the gap, everyone behind me followed.

“Now a days you need to be careful who you decide to keep as your friends,” Severus spoke low so only I could hear, “you need friends like us who will stick with you no matter what, not trouble making swines that will only be with you until graduation.”

“That is a very bold statement, Severus,” I looked at him, “you might want to choose your next words carefully, remember what happened last time you spoke to a friend without thinking.”

He exhaled sharply through his nostrils, knowing full well I was talking about the Lily incident.
“All I’m saying is… don’t involve yourself with the wrong sort, in times of war we depend on our allies.”

I raised an eyebrow.
“I think I can figure out who the wrong sort are all on my own, thanks.”

The door opened and Katora walked out.
“See you upstairs!” She waved at us before making her way up the steps.

I took a deep breath and walked into the office, closing the door behind me.

“Miss Alexandrov!” Professor Slughorn exclaimed from his desk, “come in! Come in! Have a seat.”

I looked around at the small room and made my way to the chair in front of him.
“I see your request for a bigger office was once again denied, professor.”

“Yes, well,” he gave a chuckle, “until Professor Merrythought retires I’m afraid I’m stuck here in this water closet.” He extended his hand to me and I shook it, “welcome to your 6th year at Hogwarts! Seems like only yesterday you walked into your first potions class, hm?” He smiled, “have you brought your list?”

“Yes sir,” I opened my bag and ruffled through it until I found the piece of parchment, I handed it to him.

“Let’s see here,” he put on his glasses and unfolded the paper, “Defense Against The Dark Arts, Divination, Astronomy, Transfiguration, Charms…” he blinked, “no potions?”

“I’m afraid further academics in potions wont benefit me in my plans for the future,” I gave a one shoulder shrug, “bettering my defensive and offensive spell arsenals, tools to polish my seer abilities, pursuing my goal of being part of the Hollyhead Harpies… that is where my future lies.”

“Yes I see you selected Dueling as your extracurricular,” he put my parchment in his files and began to fill out a form, “here is your class schedule,” he stamped the paper and handed it to me, “I must say it has been a pleasure teaching you, Miss Alexandrov, I do hope you'll still be attending the Slug Club meetings?”

“You won't be getting rid of me that easily, professor,” I smiled at him and stood up, “I shall see you around.”

“See you around,” he nodded and waved me off.

I walked out the door and looked at Severus.
“I need to go to my aunt really quick, but I’ll meet you at the Great Hall with Katora right after, okay?”

He nodded before walking in.

I sighed and shook my head, thinking there didn’t seem to be a proper way to please him.

Quickly I made my way out of the dungeons and ran towards Adriana’s office, Noah stood next to the door.

“Been waiting long?”I spoke when I reached him.

He shook his head.
“Just a few minutes,” Noah replied and looked at me, “ready?”

I nodded.
“Ready.”

I knocked on the door.

“Coming!” We heard her from the inside.

The doorknob rattled and the door creaked open, Adriana peeked out from behind it and smiled seeing us there.
“Nathaniel,” she kissed his cheeks, “Morgan,” she kissed mine.

I blinked, a heavy almost swampy odor that took over my sense of smell wafted from her and the room. She took a drag from her opera length cigarette holder and stepped aside motioning for us to go inside before exhaling.
“Would you like some tea?”

“No thank you,” I shook my head, “we’re actually here with a pressing matter.”

“Oh?” Her eyebrows raised, she looked at us, “what is it, darlings?”

“I had a nightmare concerning uncle Ivan,” I took a breath, “I think he might be in trouble.”

Adriana’s face turned serious.
“Show me.”

I approached her and showed her as I showed Noah, once it was over she leaned back in her chair for a moment, her eyes darting as she thought of what to do.
“I saw him yesterday,” she stood up and walked over to the fireplace, “perhaps we should pay him a visit to make sure he’s still alright.” She grabbed some floo powder from a silver box.

“We?” Noah blinked.

“Why not?” She smirked, “come on then!”

Noah and I looked at each other and shrugged, we made our way inside the fireplace with her.

“Magical Law Enforcement Department Office, top floor,” Adriana spoke before dropping in the powder, a green flame engulfed us and we floo’d to uncle Ivan’s office at the Ministry of Magic.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Tumblr_n9yqwbectL1qeijvdo5_r1_250

“I’ve told you not to barge in here like that, Adriana,” he sat at his desk, smoking his cigar, reading what appeared to be reports. He didn’t turn to look at us.

Her brow furrowed, she looked around.
“How’d you know it was me?”

He sighed.
“Well for one I wasn’t expecting anyone and you’re the only person that floos into my office unannounced,” he turned to look at her, “also you smell of--” he stopped mid sentence when he laid eyes upon Noah and I, he looked at his sister again, “you took them out of school? Are you mad?”

“What’s going to happen?” Adriana smirked, “is Dumbledore going to sack me? Am I getting in trouble with the Ministry? Is You-Know-Who just going to waltz through that door?” A chuckle escaped her as she put her hand on her hip, “we’re Alexandrovs, dear brother, untouchable.”

“We’re definitely not untouchable,” Ivan faced his documents again, and shifted a paper from one box to another, “especially not with the current climate, need I remind you that our eldest grand-niece is on the run?”

“As a matter of fact the current climate is why we’re here,” she motioned for me to step forward, “little Morgan had a dream that might interest you.”

He turned around in his chair and took a drag off his cigar, he blew out the smoke before looking at me and giving a nod.
“Alright then, let’s see it.”

I nodded and stepped forward. I put my hands on his temples and closed my eyes, allowing him to see what I had dreamt. When I opened my eyes I could see beads of sweat begin to form on his forehead, nose, and upper lip. I took a step back.

He cleared his throat and pulled out his handkerchief from his breast pocket and dried his face off. He took out his wand and pointed it around the room.
“Muffliato,” he muttered, a spark came from his wand creating a quiet barrier around the room, he looked at us. “Death Eaters have been trying to recruit me, they believe I would be an asset in their ranks. People are spreading rumors that I support their platform.”

”Three guesses why…” I telepathically spoke to Noah.

“Do you think maybe you should take precautions?” Adriana walked over to his desk, not feeling as untouchable as before, “this could be dangerous.”

“What do you want me to do? Leave my son behind? Quit my job and abandon everything like Sahar?” He scoffed, “it’s times like these when I’m most needed here at the Ministry!”

“My sister is running for her life,” I crossed my arms, “seems hardly fair to talk about her like that.”

“Your sister asked for it,” he took a deep breath realizing what he said, “what I’m saying is, we all warned her about taking charge of the Muggle-Worthy Excuses Committee, we all warned her that being so vocal about Muggle rights would draw negative attention towards her.”

“So what, she was supposed to just be quiet about it?” Noah spoke up.

“It would have kept her out of trouble,” Ivan looked at him from head to toe, the vein in his forehead beginning to show.

“My father is muggle-born!” Noah exclaimed, “Sahar was fighting for him, for my family, for me!”

“I’m sure the Death Eaters consider getting her to flee the Ministry a success,” he scoffed, “there’s no place safer than here, she made herself an easier target by leaving and I will not be making the same mistake. I belong here.”

Just then, the minister Harold Minchum walked through the door.
“Finite,” he shook his wand, taking down the sound barrier, “Alexandrov, I need tho--” He stopped when he laid eyes on us, he blinked, “I’m sorry, are those students away from school?”

“They were just leaving,” Ivan stood, and gave Adriana a commanding nod.

“Terribly sorry, minister,” Adriana smiled at him, “family business you see, but we’re on our way now. Come children.” She ushered us into the fireplace. "By the way, Vinny, don't forget the bonfire tonight."

Ivan gave an exasperated sigh.
"Yes, dear sister."

Adriana shot him a smile.

“I realize that Eugenia Jenkins was quite fond of you all, madame Alexandrov,” his face remained stern and unmoving, “however, I’m minister now, and I won’t allow anyone to jeopardize my mission to keep everything under control, even if they’re powerful and wealthy. Is that quite plain?”

Adriana smirked looking at him.
“You should try giggleweed sometime, it’ll help mellow you out,” she grabbed floo powder from the top of the mantle and got into the fireplace, “Divination, Hogwarts.” She threw the powder down as she spoke, and we were engulfed with flames and transported to aunt Adriana’s office.

I dusted my robes once I stepped out.

“That Minchum is a nasty piece of work,” Adriana dusted off her sleeves, “though I suppose he’s what the wizarding world needs right now.” She turned to face us, “well at least we confirmed that he’s safe. I’ll keep the family updated, you can leave it to us.” She hugged us, “now go, be teenagers, you’ll have enough time to worry about world affairs when you’re older. Remember the bonfire at seven.”

I hugged her back and wondered how true that statement was, it seemed like lately all we did was worry.

”One by one they fall…” replayed in my head.

My stomach grumbling snapped me away from my thoughts, I looked at Noah who was clearly still upset.
“Come on cousin, let’s just try to enjoy our first day back. Let’s go get some breakfast.”

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 pm

After Morgan exited the Gryffindor tower, I left the remaining Marauders in the Common Room and made my way up towards the dormitories. My body was sore from falling asleep on the couch, my mind was racing around my cousin's vision, my mouth was dry from Butterbeer; not exactly how I wanted to feel on our first real day back at school.

To no surprise the boys' dormitory was empty, leaving me time to think while I gathered my robes for the day.

What am I doing? I'm sleeping with two guys, that isn't like me.

I'd dated Thorfinn since my fourth year, his fifth, he was all I'd known, and he was perfect. He's everything my family loves, then why don't I feel the same?

Then there's notorious flirt, Sirius Black. The mere thought of him made my heart skip, I could still smell him on myself. Sirius was meant to be a one-time thing that escalated much to the surprise of both of us, but he was still Sirius Black, rumors of his indiscretions were famous around the school, he was famous around the school, and he was dating Kat, which should mean that he's unavailable.

I heard the dormitory door open, "thinking about me?" Sirius made his way over, placing his hands on my hips and pressing himself against my back. "I haven't stopped thinking about you all morning," his lips found the base of my neck, tracing it with his tongue, pressed against my backside I could feel his bulging---
"Wait, stop."

Sirius let go, taking three steps back. "What happened? What did I do?" He placed his hands in the air, a face full of concern made him look younger and his stormy grey eyes looked confused.

"It's not you..." I paused, that's not how I wanted to start this conversation. "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why?"

I stared at him, the concerned boy I'd watched earlier had no been replaced by a monotone voice and stern expression.

"Things are really confusing for me right now, and I need to process everything that is going on," I took a breath, unsure of what I should say next. "And you're seeing someone, Kat. She's Morgans friend and I don't want to hurt her."

Sirius remained silent, taking in what I'd just said, I hoped. "I'm not dating anyone," he finally spoke. "Kat is infatuated with me, and yeah, I humor it, but we aren't dating. A lot of the girls here are into me, I'm Sirius Black."

I was starting to get angry, but I had to remind myself that we weren't alone in the tower, "and what does that make me? Just another trophy in the Sirius Black collection?"

Sirius took another step back, ''that's not what I said. You came on to me, let's not forget that. We've known each other since we were kids, why would you think I'd see you as nothing more than a conquest? You're my friend, Noah."

"Because you're Sirius Black!" the words escaped me before I could think them through, "because everyone here knows that dating you leads to heartbreak, and I'm not the person who is willing to take those odds." Sirius remained still for what felt like an eternity, he finally turned towards his bed, grabbed his robes, and headed towards the door. "Wait, Sirius, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry," before I finished my sentence the door was shut.
I'm an idiot.

I made my way through the sixth-floor corridor, passing the various artworks of Glanmore Peakes, slayer of the Sea Serpent of Cromer. I stopped in front of the familiar bust of Glenmore, "Morning, Glen."

The bust opened its eyes, hidden under bushy thick eyebrows. "Alexandrov," he smiled. "Good morning, password?"

"Do not grant that child access!" yelled the painting across from us. The painting showcased Glenmore Peakes on his ship soon after the death of the sea serpent.

"Must we do this every morning?" I groaned.

"That boy is a descendant of the Alexandrov line, much like the witch that ruined me!" the painting continued.

The bust rolled its pale eyes, "Loreley saved our behind, had it not been for her, we'd have been destroyed by the great beast."

"Sea serpents pose no threat to humans; Care for Magical Creatures 101, third year." I interrupted, "now, password, sea serpent."

The bust fixed its eyes on me, nodded, and began moving, revealing a secret passage into the mostly forgotten 6th floor bathroom.
"Every time!" I heard the painting yell.

The sixth-floor bathroom wasn't the largest lavatory in the castle but there was enough space for several people comfortably. It had been forgotten about after it had been discovered that sea serpents were no threat to humans, and Glenmores name was now surrounded by controversy. The bathroom had been forgotten over the years, the location passed down through my family when we wanted some privacy. I hung up my robes and made my way to the bath, letting the bubbles surround me.
"What the hell am I doing?" I whispered to myself.

I made my way to Professor McGonagall's office, where she waited at her desk with her glasses at the end of her nose, "you're late, Mr. Warren." Her eyes stayed on the paper.

"Apologies professor, time got away from me," I sat at the chair in front of her desk, "is Defense Against the Dark arts full?"

McGonagall's eyes focused on me, "luckily for you, Professor Sayre had requested a spot be saved for you and your cousin, generous of her really."

"I'll have to thank her."

"Indeed. Now, Mr. Warren, what classes have you selected for this year?" I searched my bag for a crumbled piece of parchment and handed it to her, "Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms and Muggle Studies?" she paused, "that is unexpected, considering your lineage, I expected you to partake in Divination."

"If I may Professor," she looked up, "my entire life will be a never-ending Divinations class, and unlike my family, I have relatives who are muggles, like my Nan and cousin Alek. This class will allow me to maintain a connection with them. There's more to me than just an Alexandrov, professor."

McGonagall smiled, "It looks like you're still interested in becoming an Auror? And by the looks of this you will be leading Gryffindors Dueling Club, is that correct?"

"Yes Professor."

McGonagall stamped my paperwork and handed it back to me, "I look forward to seeing you in my class this year, Mr. Warren."

(Please see Kaez Alexandrov's previous post for the events in Ivan Alexandrov's office)

The green flames dissipated, revealing us to now be back in the Divinations classroom at Hogwarts. I stepped forward last, cleaning the dust off my robes, "That Minchum is a nasty piece of work,” Adriana dusted off her sleeves, “though I suppose he’s what the wizarding world needs right now.” She turned to face us, “well at least we confirmed that he’s safe. I’ll keep the family updated, you can leave it to us.” She hugged us, “now go, be teenagers, you’ll have enough time to worry about world affairs when you’re older. Remember the bonfire at seven.”

"Come on cousin," Morgan looked at me, "let’s just try to enjoy our first day back. Let’s go get some breakfast.”

I looked back at her, still upset, "take a headstart, I'll catch up," I flashed an insincere smile while her face showed concern.
I'm fine, go, I thought to myself, Morgan nodded and left. I turned to Adriana, as she brought the tip of her wand to her mouth and inhaling deeply, the end of the wand beginning to burn. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, Nathaniel,'' she exhaled, the smoke quickly disappeared.

The specific scents placed a smile on my face, "peppermint."

"Yes," she whispered, "good for concentration and foresight."

"Gran's favorite oil," I said.

"Indeed, it was." her gaze lowered while her smile seemed sad. "Now, your question?"

"I had a dream, Morgan she, she was playing a game of chase, she looked, warped?" trying to find the right words to explain what I'd dreamt, but the more I focused on it the more the dream escaped. "She, she was saying she needs to focus on something, do you know what that means?"

Adriana stared at me intensely, taking another deep inhale from her wand, "I don't understand what this has to do with the elder Black brother."

"Wait, what?"

"Morgan is a complicated and gifted young witch, her future is shrouded in mystery, as is yours. Future events in which the two of you are key players, well, they're hazy and difficult to interpret, keep an eye on her and stay close to one another. Now, Mr. Black, I hear his motorcycle has ruined your mother's lavender." Adriana gently placed her wand down at her desk, careful not to spill any of what was carefully packed at the tip, and grabbing her cup if tea which seemed to begin to heat up under her touch, "Alexandrov's and Blacks, a tale as old as time. Even dear Ivan has been smitten by the likes of Dorea Black; now Potter, I presume."

"How do you--"

"Clairevoyant, my dear." Adriana stood, coming close and placing one hand on my shoulder and one on my cheek, "you're so young, the future will come, be happy now." She kissed both sides of my face and opened the door, "now, Morgans waiting."

I left the Divinations classroom as confused as I'd gone into it. Morgan wasn't far, choosing to wait near one of the columns close to the classroom. "You smell like our grandparents." She locked my arm in hers and we began walking towards the Great Hall.

Be happy now, these words kept ringing in my mind. "Hey," I stopped, "I need to talk to you about something."

Morgan smiled, "Yeah, anything," she nodded.

Looking at her, I tried to find the courage to talk to her about my vision, but instead, "Do you think I made a mistake with Thorfinn?"

She looked away as her brow furrowed, clearly thinking carefully about what to say. "I think throwing what you had away to chase after the eternal bachelor wasn't the best move... I love Sirius, but the fact that he hasn't been upfront with Katora doesn't sit well with me."

The realization came quicker than expected, my face dropped, "Does everyone know?"

"My window is right next to where he parks his bike, Noah. It's not hard to connect the dots."

"I didn't break up with Finn to date Sirius," my back quickly found the wall, "Sirius sort of just happened, I just, a part me regrets what happened with Thorfinn, but I can't shake this feeling that Sirius and I have something more."

She looked confused, "how long have you felt this way?"

"The night after," I felt myself blush, "after we started sleeping together but," I thought about my words carefully, "I think I still love Thorfinn, everything is very confusing."

She looked up, as if the answers to my problems were on the ceiling, she took a deep breath. "I think... you should try to figure out your feelings for Thor before trying to embark on something new. That's not fair to you or Sirius... or Kat."

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right, cousin." Morgan grabbed my arm again and we finished making our way to the Grand Hall.

Most of the students were already inside but some still lingered outside, waiting on others who'd yet to finish selecting their classes. Morgan nudged at me, pointing across the way, Thorfinn was talking to someone, his laugh making me smile. "You should invite him tonight," she said, "see what happens." She placed her hand on my back and propelled me forward.

Thorfinn looked up while I walked towards him, the closer I got the more his smile seemed to grow. "Hi."

"Hey," he said, "You know Lucinda Talkolot, right?" Lucinda was another 7th year Slytherin, who was initially thought to take over as the Quidditch captain before the position was offered to Morgan.

If looks could kill, Lucinda would've been my end, I don't think she's happy with the selection this year. "I'll see you inside Thor," without another word she made her way back inside.

"Hey, I finished your Grandmothers book and -"

"Do you want to go to the bonfire with me tonight?" I interrupted.

Thorfinn was visibly taken back, "the family bonfire? Didn't think I'd be attending this year,'' he chuckled.

A sense of guilt came over me, "I'd like it if you came with me."

"It's a date," his smile made him so young, "I mean," he began to chuckle.

On instinct, I reached up and kissed him, "It's definitely a date," I smiled even though I felt myself blushing. "See you inside."
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:52 pm

I smiled as Noah made his way over to Thorfinn, it seemed as though all the pieces for a successful year were falling into place.

It was then that Lucinda and I locked eyes. She glared at me, which I found humorous. I replied with a wink I could tell got on her last untouched nerve.

She adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder before making her way to the large Great Hall doors.

“Alexandrov,” she spoke nearly bumping into me as she walked.

“Talkalot,” I nodded, smirking to myself before making my way inside.

I waved at the Marauders, and Katora who clung to a rather vacant looking Sirius. I looked at him for a moment and shook my head, deciding that I had meddled enough for one morning.

Regulus waved at me from the Slytherin table and I made my way to him.

“Seems like Talkalot is holding a grudge against you,” he said as I sat, “she wasn’t discreet about her dislike of captain choice.”

I chuckled.
“What exactly was she saying?”

“Oh,the usual,” Regulus shrugged, “how the only reason you got the position was because of your name, about you using your gifts to see future games and cheat.”

“Sounds like someone’s jealous,” I grinned piling food onto my plate, “where’s Severus?”

“No idea,” he replied before taking a sip of his pumpkin juice, “said he wanted to spend some time alone, the usual.”

“Sometimes I--”

“Morgan Alexandrov!”

Regulus and I both looked at the young Slytherin boy that interrupted our conversation.

“Hello,” I said slowly.

He outstretched his hand to me.
“I’m Thomas Davis, second year.”

I blinked and shook his hand, a smirk gracing my features.
“What brings you to me, Mr. Davis?”

He sat in front of me.
“I heard you were picked as Slytherin’s Quidditch captain, congratulations by the way you deserve it judging by last year’s winning streak thanks to you,” he spoke fast, “anyways, I…”

My eyes darted towards the background at the Gryffindor table, and all sound was drowned out.

Lyra Townsend, Remus’s ex, was making her way to him with a large smile on her face. I observed as they spoke, they seemed like old friends, as if her cheating on him had never happened. Lyra was reaching into her bag.

“Kat,” my voice in her head made her shriek, causing everyone to look at her, I sighed, “stop freaking out every time I do this; do me a favor and keep an eye on Lyra.”

Katora nodded as she composed herself, and discreetly listened to their chatter. I tried to focus on Thomas.

“... dad says I’m gifted at flying and--”

“Listen,” I tried giving him my best diplomatic smile, “I appreciate you taking the initiative of coming here and talking to me to tell me your qualifications; after all cunning and determination are the cornerstones of our house. However, I’m afraid you’ll have to come to try-outs on Saturday and show me like everyone else why you deserve to be on my team. Now, was there something else you wanted to say?”

“N-no, ma’am,” he looked down.

“Then have yourself a great day, Thomas Davis,” I nodded.

He nodded back and stood, walking out of the Great Hall.

“Was I too harsh?” I looked at Regulus.

He grinned and shrugged.
“It was pretty hot.”

I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully.

Katora made her way back to us and sat on the newly empty seat. She looked at me.

“So?” I looked at her, “what happened?”

“She had come over to tell him she had a lot of time to reflect during the summer about what she did, and apologized for jumping to conclusions,” she took a moment, “she gave him a peace offering.”

“Which was?” I pressed.

“An ultra rare chocolate frog card, Godric Gryffindor,” she looked at me apologetically, “he was very appreciative and told her he’d ‘see her around’.” She used air quotes for the last three words.

I gazed at Remus, there was a soft smile on his face as he marvelled at his new possession.

He had told me before the holidays that Gryffindor was the last card he was missing of the school founders. I had spent all summer trying to get it, but it never showed up.

“Excuse me,” I wiped the corners of my mouth and stood.

“You’re joking,” Regulus looked up at me, “you’re running to him?”

“I’m not allowing Townsend to ruin everything for me,”I grabbed my bag, “by the way, you’re both invited to the family bonfire, it’s in the forest clearing near Hagrid’s hut.”
I made my way over to Remus.
“Hey,” I smiled at him, and kissed his cheek, “what you got there?”

“Lyra found the card I was looking for,” he handed it to me, “she came to apologize, it seemed genuine.”

I turned the card in my fingers, looking at the portrait, handing it back when it vanished.
“Seems like she’s trying to get back on your good side… Have you thought about getting back with her?”

He smirked and shook his head before looking at me.
“I have my eyes set on a different future,” his gaze shifted to the entrance, “unlike some.”

I turned to follow his gaze and saw Noah walk in, Thor following. Sirius’s change in mood hit me like a bludger, he was anxious.
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 am

I stopped a few moments after entering the Great Hall, waiting for Thor. “Hurry up, slowpoke,” I said as my arm locked with his.

This was it, moving forward the entire school would know we were back together. Instinctively, I made my way towards the Gryffindor table, until I noticed the faces of my friends. Morgan still held on to Remus, he looked confused, shared by James. Peter, too busy with breakfast to notice, and Sirius, I could sense his anger without looking into his eyes. “How about we sit with your friends today?”

“Are you sure?” He glanced over, “Morgan’s over there,” he waved oblivious to everyone’s reactions.

I took his waving hand and intertwined my fingers with his, “I’m sure, besides,” I pulled towards the other side of the Hall, “she’ll head over here, she’s got her charity case here.”

“You mean Snape? I’ve never understood that friendship. He freaks me out.”

“Your guess is a good as mine,” I said.

“I highly doubt that Mr. Sees the Future,” he placed his index fingers on his temples.

“You’re not funny,” I said attempting to suppress my own laughter.

“So, this is a thing again?” We reached the Slytherin table as Lucinda spoke, pointing at our hands.

Thorfinn turned to me, “is it?”

I stared back at his baby blue eyes and, ignoring the pit in my stomach that told me not to, I turned to look towards the Marauders, inadvertently making eye contact with Sirius and seeing the storm brewing in his eyes.
“Yes. Yes, it is.”

“Okay,” Lucinda put her hands up, “but don’t expect me to be nice to Alexandrov just cause you two are back together. That bitch stole my spot, no offense.”

“None taken, I think.” I sat next to Thor, he rested his hand on my leg. I filled my plate, “are you trying out for the team this year?” Is aimed my question towards Talkalot but Thor answered.

“I’ll actually be helping Morgan pick the team this year since it’s her first time,” he said between bites.

“I, for one, don’t think I should have to try out again. That red-headed bimbo has it out for me,” Lucinda continued from across the table.

“You know that’s not how it works, Lu.” Thor got close, whispering, “I’m sorry about her.”

“At least you’re there to make sure I have a fair shot. Oh, looks like Alexandrov is staying with Horn Dog Black and his group of misfits.”

“Lu!” This exclaimed, “that’s enough,” he gestured towards me.

“Thor, I’m fine.” I brought my cup to my lips, “I’ve known Sirius my entire life, I know one of his broken hearts when I see one.”

Lucinda's eyes grew, “he told you?” she slammed both hands on the table, “I’ll kill him!” The other students stared, whispers spreading through the table. “You little son of a...”

“MAILS HERE!” someone down the Slytherin table yelled.

Augur made his way towards me, dropping the familiar purple envelope that smelled on mint.

To: Nathaniel Warren + Thorfinn Rowle

“She’s quick,” said Thor.

“You can’t keep anything from my aunt,” I looked over to the teacher's table and waved at my great aunt, “especially when she’s down the hall.”

You are cordially invited to attend the Alexandrov Bonfire this evening, located in the clearing near Hagrids. I expect to see you all there.

Adriana Alexandrov
L’avenir Connu.

Last edited by Alexandrov Prince on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 am

The Great Hall filled with murmurs when Noah and Thorfinn laced their arms together, like a game of owl they passed the message from one end of the tables to the other. That was the cost of being an Alexandrov, everyone liked to gossip.

Severus walked through the hall doors and blinked looking confused at the new couple, he scanned the tables and his gaze landed on me, raising an eyebrow.

I looked around, feeling everyone’s energy intensifying, especially Sirius.
“I’m going to leave before Padfoot gives me a headache,” I stood up from the table and patted Sirius’s head, “should have broken up with Kat,” I said as I walked away.

“Where have you been?” I smacked his arm softly.

“Practicing,” he replied simply, “are you going to fill me in?”

“The Eternal Bachelor missed his shot, and the Alexandrov Prince realized he had made a mistake,” I shrugged, “so he went back to his knight in Quidditch armor.”

“How poetic,” the corner of his mouth lifted in a small smirk.

I chuckled and began to walk to the Slytherin table.
“So what have you been practicing?”

“Oh, nothing special…” he shrugged, “just a little surprise for anyone who messes with me, but I haven’t been able to make it work yet.”

“Should I be afraid?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Not if you stay out of my way,” this time he didn’t try to hide his grin.

“Noted,” I raised both eyebrows as a point.

“I’ll kill him!” Takalot’s shout echoed through the room.

“Someone’s in a mood,” Severus commented.

I rolled my eyes.
“When isn’t she?”

We reached the table, a big smile on my face.
“Hey guys!”

“Oh, you’re back,” Regulus smirked.

“Hush, you,” I invaded his mind.

“Just when I thought I’d be able to eat without looking at your mug,” Lucinda crossed her arms, looking at me like I was a bug she wanted to kill..

“I’m sorry dear, did you say something?” I smiled sweetly at her.

She glared at me and stood from the table to level eyes with me, attempting to make me feel small.
“You better watch yourself, Alexandrov.”

“Oh yeah?” I chuckled, and kept my tone cheery, “out of curiosity, what are you going to do if I don’t?”

Every muscle in her face tightened as her anger rose.
“Don’t try me.”

“Ooh, spooky,” I shook my hands as I spoke.

“MAILS HERE!” A Slytherin yelled.

Owls came swooping in, dropping the students' correspondence. Lu and I stared each other down until her mail dropped in front of her, which she promptly snatched away and left without saying a word.

I smirked and sat down next to Noah, Severus sat on my other side. Rose dropped my letters and the Daily Profit in front of me before landing and nuzzling my hand.
“Thank you, Rose,” I grabbed a biscuit and handed it to her, she gently bit into it so it wouldn’t crumble, and gave a small hoot in appreciation before flying away.

“You realize Lucinda isn’t afraid of you,” Regulus pointed at me with his croissant, “she will fight.”

I shrugged.
“Let her come for me.”

“Okay, that’s hot,” he grinned.

“Oh shush,” I chuckled and looked at Noah as I unraveled the strings that kept my delivery together, “soooo, made a decision have we?” I whispered to him.

“It felt right,” he whispered back, “feels right.”

“Then that’s all that matters,” I smiled and opened up the Daily Profit.

DARK MARK SPOTTED IN SRI LANKA AS CHAOS ENSUES DURING FESTIVAL

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Dark-mark-in-the-sky

The headline and picture took up most of the front page; in it the dark mark glowed menacingly in the sky as people below ran for their lives, there was a witch fighting back. My eyes widened as I took a closer look, after casting her spell and turning around to run I noticed it was my sister Sahar.

My heart raced as I read further, there was no mention of her anywhere. I looked through my letters and gave a sigh of relief.

To: Firefly.

My fingers couldn’t open the envelope fast enough.

Firefly,

No doubt you’ve already seen the Daily Profit article, news about the snake travels fast. I’m not sure how they were able to find me, my informant seemed to have been misguided, I’ve returned to the jewel ahead of time and am keeping her company. I’m unsure if I will be able to return for Christmas, not with this craziness happening anyway. I won’t be here long, just enough to get my affairs in order before I leave again.

I love you, and I miss you. The day will come when we will see each other again, the jewel said so.

Stay out of trouble,
Lightning Bug.

I smirked reading the last line, she knew me too well. I took a breath, knowing my sister was back home made me feel more at ease.

“Close call,” Severus muttered.

“Yeah, no kidding…”

---------------------------------------------------------

I looked at myself in the mirror putting the last finishing touches on my make up. I smiled looking at my reflection, moving side to side to see my dress flowing with the movement. I looked at Katora.
“How do I look?”

“If Remus doesn’t kiss you by the end of the night, Regulus definitely will,” she smirked, “but like seriously, what is Lupin’s deal?”

I looked out the window as the moonlight shone through the lake’s murky water, my brow furrowed remembering a conversation I had with Remus before last term ended.
“He says he wants to make sure he’s good enough for me, even though I told him he was perfect,” I took a deep breath, “stupid things like ‘oh I’m too poor’ and ‘you shouldn’t be with a w--’,” i stopped myself and cleared my throat, “he thinks I can’t deal with his issues, newsflash I’ve been dealing with them for a couple of years and I ain’t scared yet.”

“I think it’s sweet,” she smiled.

“Stringing me along while he figures himself out isn’t sweet.”

“He’s trying to protect you,” she put her hands to her chest, “making sure he’s the right man for you., he’ll come around.”

I sighed, when did Kat start being the voice of reason?

“Well he better figure himself out soon,” I turned to put my makeup away, “waiting is torture.”

”Morgan.”

The whisper made me jump, I looked around the room trying to find the source. Was there a boy in our dormitory?

“Did you hear that?” I looked at Kat.

“Hear what?”

I blinked.
“Nothing, I guess…” I took a final look around, “ready?”

“Ready!” She jumped up from the bed and we made our way up the stairs to the common room where Regulus waited for us as he spoke to Severus.

“Hello boys,” I smiled.

“You look good,” Reg smirked.

“Thank you, you don’t look bad yourself,” I winked.

“Please don’t make me vomit,” Severus muttered.

“Oh live a little Sev,” I gave him a playful nudge, “are you coming with us?”

“There are a million things I rather do than endure the hell that is your friend’s company,” he went back to his potions book, “I’ll pass.”

“Fine, but don’t complain later about never hanging out,” I shrugged, “where’s Thor?”

“He went ahead with Noah while you were getting dolled up,” Regulus replied.

“Let’s not keep everybody waiting then,” I smiled, “see you Sevvy!”

We walked out of the common room and down the halls to the grounds, I could see fireflies dancing in the distance between the trees and I was reminded of my grandmother once more. It was her patronus, and a symbol of our seer gifts. Though this was the first bonfire without her, something told me she was with us.

We walked past Hagrid’s hut and into the forbidden forest where familiar stepping stones led us to the clearing where it became tradition for Alexandrovs to come together.

“Momo!” My aunt stoof from the log she sat on and hugged me, “come along your cousin is already here.”

I looked around, the Marauders hadn’t arrived yet.
“Where’s everyone else?” I looked at Noah.

“They were taking too long to get ready so I went ahead without them,” he said, lacing his hand with Thorfinn’s, “they should be here soon.”

”Morgan.”

My brow furrowed trying to fortify my mind, keeping whoever was trying to come in, out.

“Are you alright, dear?” My aunt looked at me, “something wrong?”

“No, nothing,” I gave her my best smile before sitting next to Noah.

“Sorry I’m late,” Ivan appeared from the shadows, “had an encounter with come centaurs, thankfully Firenze was there, he recognized me and they escorted me here.”

“Thank Merlin,” Adriana went to him and kissed both his cheeks.

My uncle looked at us.
“Ah! Thorfinn!” He went to extend his hand to him, “good to see you again, you as well Regulus,” he shook his hand as well.

“The party has arrived!” James shouted as they walked over.

“Must you be so loud, Potter?” Lilly smacked his arm.

My eyes darted to Sirius who seemed hesitant to approach us, I could see the way he looked at Noah, I could feel something building up within him.

Remus and I locked eyes, he smiled at me as he approached me.
“Who’d you get all prettied up for?”

“A boy I kept hoping would show up,” I winked at him.

He sat between Regulus and I.

“Hey honey!” Kat ran to Sirius and smooched his lips.

“Excuse me,” Sirius gently moved her out of his way before approaching me, “can we talk?”

Kat was hurt.

“Uh,” I cleared my throat, tuning out all outside emotions, “sure.” I stood and followed him, we stood behind one of the trees.

“Are they officially back together?” He blurted out.

“Seems like it,” I crossed my arms, “having regrets?”

“Don’t give me that look.”

“I told you what you had to do before the summer and you didn’t listen to me,” my hands went to my hips, “had you done something about your feelings beforehand you wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“Oh like you’re one to talk!” He shouted.

“Shh,” I covered his mouth, “keep it down, voices travel.”

He took a deep breath.
“I’m sorry,” he pinched the bridge of his nose, “I don’t know what to do.”

I rolled my eyes.
“I could slap you…”

“Help me, what do I have to do?” His eyes were pleading.

“Well, you can start by responsibly breaking up with Katora like I’ve told you to do a billion times, and then show Noah with your actions that you’re serious about being with him,” I took a breath, “and if you’re lucky, Thor will mess up and Noah will see how you’re a better choice… if you’re a better choice.”

“What do you mean?” He looked offended.

“Well you’re a bit of a playboy,” I shrugged, “as much as I love you, I don’t want my cousin to get hurt because of you.

“I would never hurt him,” Sirius shook his head.

“Don’t say it, prove it,” I laced my arm with his, “now come on, we’re starting to seem suspicious to the rest of the group.”

Sirius sighed.
“Fine…”

Last edited by Kaez Alexandrov on Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 pm

I closed my eyes, focusing, picturing the meadow behind my home. I could smell my mother's cooking and the scent of my grandmothers' perfume. I envisioned Morgan at eight years old, her firefly jar shimmering with glowing lights, I stared at my own jar as it remained empty. My grandmother approached me, bring her wand up to my jar.  

”Expecto Patronum,” she whispered. Almost instantly, my jar was filled with small whispery orbs of light resembling fireflies. “Fireflies will guide your way through the darkness,” she would say, “Clear your mind, watch them dance.”

I raised my wand, moving it in a circular motion, “expecto patronum,” the tip of my wand glowed brightly before extinguishing seconds later. “Damn it!”

“Don’t stress about it, you’ll get it in no time,” I felt Thor's hands around my hips.

“I’ve spent most of the summer preparing for this spell, my father says it’s a required tool in any wizards belt.” I sighed lowering my voice, “it’s also the only spell I’ve ever struggled with.”  

“It’s a difficult spell, I still can’t produce a Patronus. You’re already showing more progress than most students, and classes haven't officially started,” I heard him chuckle. “How about we focus on the bonfire for tonight?” he turned me around, placing my wand on the nightstand.  

“Feels like that’s not the only thing on your mind,” he smiled, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed him. The kiss was deep, his grip on my waist becoming stronger.

A'hem,

I pushed Thor hard enough that he landed on the bed opposite of mine, “sorry,” I could feel my cheeks blushing. Remus lingered at the door; he was nicely dressed in a buttoned-down blue shirt and pants.  

“Thorfinn, would you mind giving Noah and me a moment?” Remus held the door opened, clear that he wasn’t taking no for an answer.  

Sensing the animosity from Moony I turned to Thor, “go finish getting ready, I’ll meet you at the Great Hall,” I bent down and kissed him softly.

“No problem,” Thor walked towards the door, stopping when he got to Remus. “Maybe we’ll double date sometime, whenever you and Morgan make it official,” Thor winked at him and headed out of the Gryffindor Dormitories.  

“Remus, I know what you’re -”

“Are you serious about this guy?” he quickly interrupted.  

“What?” confused, I took a second to hide the surprise in my voice. “You’ve never had an issue with Thorfinn and me, he may not see it but I know you and the other Marauders have a problem with this now. What’s going on?”

Remus raised an eyebrow, “you’re joking right?” he crossed his arms. “What about Sirius?”

“What about him?” I felt the blush return to my cheeks.

“He has feelings for you, it’s obvious.”  

I didn’t know this; I didn’t want to know this. I felt my heart jumped at the mere mention of Sirius’s name. “Why would you think that? He’s dating Kat.”

“This should’ve been the worst summer of Sirius's life, getting kicked out by his parents and completely separated from everything he’s ever known, but instead, all he writes about is you and how spending time with you has made him feel things he’d never wanted to feel. He loves you, Noah, and I think you might have feelings for him too.”

“Remus,” I felt my eye begin to twitch, “Sirius is a grown man. If he wanted to be with me, he would be, and guess what? He’s not. As I already said, he’s with Kat.”  

“Kat is nothing more than a flavor of the week,” he rebutted.  

“And that’s the kind of person I should go out with? Someone who sees others as nothing more than conquests?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“I know what you meant, Remus, and,” I paused, unsure of how to continue. “I’m with Thor, if you all can’t accept that, then I don’t know what else to do. Besides,” I stared out the window, keeping an eye on the waxing moon, “aren’t there more important things to worry about?”

“We have that handled,” he said.

“Do you? How about we stop obsessing about my life and focus on making sure no one dies this year,” the sharpness in my voice was apparent. I wasn’t having any more of this, not while I could help it.

Remus came closer, sitting on his bed, adjacent to my own, “Thorfinn is a good guy, don’t get me wrong, but you ended that relationship for a reason. You’ve never really told us why.”

“That’s because I,” I didn’t know why, not really. We’d dated almost two years and suddenly it all felt wrong. I’d have nightmares where he’d be surrounded by snakes, extending his hand and if I took it, I’d get attacked by the venomous creatures that surrounded him. “I had my reasons, but that’s in the past Remus. I’d want to focus on the now.”

Remus stood, pulling me into a hug, “I’m not apologizing for worrying about you. You’re one of my best friends, Nathaniel. I want you to be sure that this is what you want.”

“You haven’t called me Nathaniel in years,” I said, nudging him back. “Look, I know you’re worried. This is what I want, I do love Thor, everything is all so confusing since my grandmother passed.”

“Yeah, Morgan hasn’t been the same since then either. I’ll leave you to get ready. See you there.”

---------------------------------------------------------

Thorfinn and I walked hand in hand passed the grounds and Hagrid's hut, easily finding the area my great aunt had chosen to host the years' bonfire. “Nathaniel! Mr. Rowle!” she yelled. “I’m glad you could make it.”

I looked around, orbs of light floated above illumining the wide space, I noticed professors had also joined, invited by my aunt no doubt.  

“Master Alexandrov, please, come out from beneath the table. Your father will be here any moment.” I heard her voice coming from the tables.

“Hey,” I tugged on my boyfriend's arm, “I’ll be right back.”  

I made my way towards the overly dressed house-elf, “Blue!”

The elf turned, smiling from cheek to cheek, “Master Warren, it is so good to see you again.”

I shuddered at the word master, “Blue, it’s Noah, you’re a free elf, you’re your own master.”

“Yes, of course,” she continued as she turned towards the table, “Master Alexandrov, come on out this instant!”  

From beneath the table cloth, my younger cousin Marcellus emerged, “you found me!” he yelled excitedly. “Bet you can’t do it again!” and with that, he was gone.

“Pardon me, Master Wa,” she paused, “Noah,” she giggled, “but I must fetch Marcellus before his father arrives.”

“My uncle is coming, I’d forgotten.” Blue curtsied and made her way towards the direction Marcel had run.  

“Remind me, you want your house-elf to address you by name?” Thor wrapped one arm around my waist and kissed my cheek.

“Blue is a free elf; she chooses to help the Alexandrov family and is well compensated for her efforts. She’s free to leave whenever she wishes.” I explained.

“Your family is so weird,” he laughed, kissing me on the lips this time.

“Momo!” I heard my aunt call, I turned to see Morgan finally arriving.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 3:05 pm

“Morgan!”

The familiar small voice took my gaze off Sirius, and onto the 6 year old Marcellus that darted towards me. I let go of Sirius’s arm and prepared for impact, carrying him onto my waist with a groan.
“Have you grown some more in the last week? You’re so heavy!”

He laughed and hugged me tight before whispering in my ear.
“It’s all the candy in my pockets.”

“Candy, huh?” I chuckled, “oh, that reminds me…”
I set him down on the ground and reached into my bag, I kneeled to meet him at eye level and pulled out a chocolate frog card.
“Blue told me you wanted Bertie Bott’s card,” I handed it to him, “had to trade Jocunda Sykes for it.”

He gasped and jumped excitedly.
“Blue, look!” He held it up and wave it around.

“I see!” She approached us, a small smile came across her features, “now what do we say?”

“Thank you!” He hugged me tight before running off to his father to show him his new addition.

I lifted my gaze to see Regulus and Remus glancing at me, I gave them a wave.

“Lovely to see you again, Mistress Alexandrov,” she gave me a small bow, “thank you for that, with Master Ivan being stuck at the Ministry most days Marcellus could use with a little cheering up.”

“Times are hard,” I nodded, “not sure that’ll stop any time soon.”

“Well,” she reached under her hat, “anything to try and brighten things up.”
She handed me an envelope, I didn’t recognize the handwriting though it was addressed to me.
“Mistress Sahar handed that to Blue and instructed to deliver it immediately.”

I inspected the envelope, it felt like there was something of significant weight inside. I unravelled the string that held it together and opened it to find an amethyst necklace within.
“It’s beautiful,” I smiled before taking it out and dangling it in front of me, the fire reflecting upon it. I looked into the envelope once more to find a small bit of parchment; I placed the necklace around my neck before pulling it out.

“Happy start of term.”- Svetulka

My brow furrowed, I didn’t know anyone by that name.
“Did Sahar say who this was from?”

Blue shook her head.
“All the information Blue was given was that she hand it to Mistress Morgan.”

I nodded and put it in my bag, I shot Blue a smile.
“Very well, thank you.”

She bowed.
“It is a pleasure to serve the powerful house of Alexandrov,” she stood straight, “now if my Mistress will excuse Blue, I need to tend to Master Marcellus.”
With a small wave she turned and made her way to my cousin.

“Seriously, Black!?” Katora shouted, “you couldn’t pick some other time!”

“Keep it down,” Sirius moved her behind the trees.

“I can’t believe you!” She sobbed, “after all I’ve done for you!” She pushed him to the ground, a light growl escaped her, “I’m a catch, Sirius! A huge catch!” She threw her drink at him before storming off.

“Miss Nikawa!” Slughorn called out, “you aren’t allowed to roam the grounds at this hour unsupervised!” He looked around and gave a small bow, “excuse me.” He ran after her.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.
“Responsibly, I said…” I took a deep breath and sat down between Moony and Reg.

“That’s really nice,” Regulus took hold of the stone, “big.”

“Amethyst is the Alexandrov jewel,” my brow furrowed, “I’ve no idea who sent this, but whoever sent it wants me to be protected.” I could feel the vibrations pulsing from it, calming me, “it keeps the mind safe.”

“Well then,” aunt Adriana clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention, “now that most of us are here, I think it’s time we begin,” she stood from the log, “welcome to the 53rd anniversary of the Alexandrov Bonfire, one of a few firsts. This is the first year since its inception that we are without one of the founders, no doubt most of you heard that we lost a sister, a mother, a grandmother, and the most celebrated seer in modern history, Cassandra Alexandrov.” She took a breath to keep her eyes from tearing up. “It is also the first in which outsiders are allowed to attend; for those of you who don’t know, this bonfire is a celebration of the family line, and a way to keep the stories of our ancestors alive.”

“This is going to be good,” I nudged Remus.

“I’m excited,” he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him; I rested my head on his shoulder to hide my blushing cheeks.

Adriana reached into her pocket and pulled out a small burlap back and poured the sand from within it onto her palm.
“And of course, what better way to start than by the family’s very origin?” She scattered the sand among the flames, it took the shape of a woman holding a crystal ball, “our story begins in the middle ages with a woman called Cassandra Blackthorne. Back then there wasn’t a name known better around the wizarding world than her’s, at just age 17 she was known as the most powerful seer in centuries. During her time at Hogwarts she was nicknamed Madame Cassandra, Seer of All, and it followed her during the rest of her life.”

The woman raised her arms and crowds surrounded her in applause.

“She grew more famous around the globe, and was awarded the recognition of Order of Merlin, 2nd class,” Adriana grinned, “it was a pretty big deal.”

A man joined the woman in an embrace.

“She married later on when she was 25 to a pureblooded man and birthed two children,” the scene changed once more, “Elizabeth and Nathaniel Blackthorn, whom our dear Noah is named after.”

“Not something I like to boast about,” he gripped the back of his neck.

She chuckled.
“With good reason,” she went back to the flames, “Cassandra’s gifts were passed down to Elizabeth, and she became just as famous as her mother. This made Nathaniel grow jealous of them, feeling outcasted for not having any special abilities; he craved power, and turned himself into a Dark Lord, and his first order of business was to harness his mother’s powers. One night he snuck into his mother’s room as she slept, and used the killing curse on her before she could react,” the flames raised turning green, before the flames extinguished, “he ripped her eyes from her lifeless body and molded them into wand cores. Twin wands, among the most powerful ever created; he had the power he needed to take over the world now, except the power to see what would come next.”

The wood ignited once more.

“Elizabeth had awakened feeling her mother’s death, she grabbed her wand and ended her brother’s life in duel,” she looked at Noah and I, “the wands were tested by Elizabeth’s children, and their children, passed down for generations to see if the wands would choose anyone from the line; centuries passed and no one could claim them, that is until 6 years ago they chose Morgan and Noah,” she extended her hands to us and we handed her the wands, “surpassed in age only the Elder wand and nearly equally matched in strength, these wands obey only those of Alexandrov blood, even if won in battle, making them superior.” She handed the wands back to us, “my mother and my sister both believed there was a link between the siblings from so long ago, and the cousins that sit among us, they both passed before it could be revealed.”

“Epic,” Reg’s eyebrows raised.

Adriana’s eyes now watered despite her best efforts, she motioned towards the tables in the back.
“We have food and drink here, we’ll take a little break.” She pointed her wand at the record player and music covered up the saddening silence. With a deep breath she sat back down, Ivan rubbed her back comfortingly.

They seemed to have developed a bond after my grandmother’s passing, united by pain. The Alexandrov curse, there was always pain.

“Your grandmother had made mention of this story in one of her novels,” Remus looked at me, “I had forgotten how gruesome it was.”

I blinked and smiled.
“You… you’ve read her books?”

“You know me,” he kissed me softly, “can’t resist a good story.”

The butterflies in my stomach were interrupted by Regulus’s mood change, he stood and sat next to his brother who was currently icing the back of his head.

He felt awkward sitting next to his brother, his jaw tightened not wanting to cause a scene. He turned to look at Sirius and noticed how he stared at Noah as he snuggled up with Thor.
"I know how you feel."

"What?" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

Regulus' gaze shifted to Morgan.
"When you look at Noah like you would do anything to have him with you, but you just want him to be happy," he looked at the fire, "I know how you feel."

Sirius looked at him for a moment and nodded.
"It sucks."

"Yup."
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 5:29 pm

My aunt commanded the audience, “she married later on when she was 25 to a pureblooded man and birthed two children,” the scene changed once more, “Elizabeth and Nathaniel Blackthorn, whom our dear Noah is named after.”

Instinctively, I grabbed the back of my neck. “it’s not something I like to boast about.”
The story was true, my ancestor had turned from his family and had committed the darkest of acts, why I was named after him remained a mystery.

“With good reason,” she chuckled and returned to the flame.

“Your ancestor was a dark wizard?” Thorfinn whispered, “that’s sort of cool.”

I nudged him, “Nathaniel was one of the darkest wizards of his time, he could do things no one else back then could. He wasn’t a good person; he killed his own mother.”  

“Sorry,” he placed his arm around me and pulled me close. “I just meant that you’ve got all this family history, all kinds of amazing wizarding ancestors,” he kissed my cheek.

I allowed my attention to travel past the flame where Sirius sat next to his younger brother. Sirius's hair was still wet, either from the drink Kay had thrown, or the ice pack he held to his head.

What does he think of the way Thorfinn is holding me?

No, it didn’t matter. Sirius and I weren’t together, we’d never been. Yet, I couldn’t stop thinking about the way he’d smelled that morning when I laid on him, or the way his arms had wrapped around my wait just mere hours ago.

My uncle took the stand, allowing my mind to focus on something else. Using the same burlap sack my aunt had previously used, he scattered the sand into the fire. The flames took the form of a young woman, the fire bringing her red hair to life.

“Mallory Henrietta Ainsworth,” he spoke, the woman within the flames smiled, “Mallory, meaning ill-omened, an Alexandrov who from birth was fated to break this family. Now,” he turned to Morgan and I, “does her name ring familiar?”

My gaze turned to Morgan, she shrugged, and then back to my great-uncle, “no, it doesn’t, "and for a moment, I thought he’d scoffed at my answer.

He eyed the confused audience, only my aunt smiled. “She was born during a solar eclipse in the 1800s,”

“Or so they say,” my aunt interrupted,

“Sister, please,” he laughed, I’d never seen him smile. “Born on a day with no sun, Mallory Henrietta Ainsworth was an Alexandrov descendant like no other, for she was born with no magic. Deemed an abomination, and thus named “ill-omened,” Mallory was treated as nothing more than a commoner, though royal blood flowed through her veins. Denied her birthright of the Alexandrov name, she managed to become one of the most important people in our family's history.”

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year HV1Z

Everyone’s attention remained on Ivan, he explained Mallory's story. She’d been the youngest child, and on her christening, it had been declared by her grandmother that she’d inherit no abilities from the Alexandrov line nor would possess any magic. Ashamed, the family his her away amongst the servants, even changing her last name to that of one of the servants, Ainsworth. Although she grew up with her family, she was no better than the help. When her widowed sister returned home, Mallory began to bond with her eldest niece Prudence. After years at an Alexandrov mansion, Mallory sets off on her own, coming to own much of the land that my family lives in today.

“Once her sister passed, the oldest went to live with Mallory. Eventually inheriting the land from her aunt, where one day the Alexandrov Manor would be built. Generations of Alexandrov's have called that very house home. The two of you,” Ivan extended his arms towards Morgan and me, “currently call that very manor home. We, as Alexandrovs, often learn about the ancestry of our famed witches and wizards and often forget those that the family once deemed undeserving of the name. Perhaps it is time for a change, as our family has evolved.”
Ivan’s focus remained on me, “Nathaniel, Morgan, and my own Marcellus,” Blu made her way around the fire bringing the young wizard over to his father, “the latest in a long line of fascinating Alexandrov's.”

He’s apologizing, Morgan’s voice echoed in my head and I nodded towards where she sat.

You’re not supposed to hear my thoughts.

Your thoughts are screaming, she replied, do you want to know what he thinks of you and Thorfinn?

I felt my eye twitch, “no, I don’t care.”

“Care about what?” Thor asked.

“Uh,” I’d forgotten Morgan had been in my head and not actually speaking.
“It’s nothing,” I kissed him on the lips this time, all the while I noticed Morgan choking a giggle.

“Now, I would like those Alexandrov's that will be graduating next year, to join me here and recite a story of their choosing. Ever since my sister began this tradition, every member of our family has hosted this bonfire. Nathaniel and Morgan Alexandrov,” he motioned for us to come up to the fire. “It is time for you, to continue this event.

I stood, unsure of what story we would go with.
“Thank you, uncle.”
Morgan and I took the stand, my uncle passing us the bag of sand.

I know you’re still listening. What are we doing?
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm

”Let me think…”

A rustling came from the trees, all eyes fixated on them as Professor Slughorn and Katora had returned. I grinned, knowing exactly what to do.

”Do you remember Loreley’s story?”

Noah looked at me.
”Remember it? You only told it to me like a million times.”

”Brilliant,” I handed him the bag of sand, ”I’ll let you be the artist.”

I stepped closer and cleared my throat before looking at my uncle.
“Thank you, uncle Ivan,” I looked at everyone else, “the story I bring to you tonight is only the most epic story to come from our family,” I grinned, “the story of Mistress Loreley of the Seven Seas.”

Noah had sprinkled the sand into the fire, and Loreley could be seen in the flames.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 740950b698765939f2cd213c293a94b8

“Loreley Marie Alexandrov,” I motioned towards the fire, “born to veela Marianne Delacourt and pureblood Gideon Alexandrov in France, 1730,” I looked at Katora who seemed to perk up upon hearing of Loreley’s veela heritage, “people were often in awe and afraid of her; you see, she didn’t carry the legendary indigo eyes that characterized Alexandrov women, instead her eyes were a shimmering gold due to her seer and veela powers.”

I grinned seeing everyone lean forward to hear more, I looked at Noah and he sprinkled more sand, the scene changing to a town under siege by pirates.
“When she was 10 years old Loreley witnessed something that would change her life forever, a pirate ship had docked into port and the pirates ravaged the city, taking all the loot they could get their hands up. Gideon took his daughter and apparated to England, where he thought it would be safer for her to grow up; but what Loreley saw that day had marked her.”

“At age 11 she was enrolled here, at Hogwarts, and though she was a gifted witch and talented seer, she didn’t put much work into her studies, passing her classes with troll grades, 7 years passed and she didn’t attend graduation. Instead she went back to France where she teamed up with pirate Pierre LeGrand, whom she later seduced and murdered.”

“Morgan,” my uncle interrupted, “I don’t think this story is appropriate.”

I blinked looking at him.
“Loreley’s story has gone far too long without being told, I won’t let her story be buried like her portrait.”

He adjusted his collar, guilt evident in his face.
“Of course, every story is equally important… Go on.”

“Thank you,” I smiled, and thought for a moment, “where was I…”

“She seduced and murdered the captain,” Katora spoke up.

“Yes!” I gave a clap, “She seduced and murdered pirate captain Pierre Le Grand, taking over his ship and his crew keeping them loyal under her veela magic. She renamed his ship ‘The Fire Harpy’ and set sail.”

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Original

“She sailed all over the world, collecting as much gold and jewels as she could get her delicate hands on and did so for two years, seducing men with her voice and dance and killing them once she got all information about their treasure from them,” I glanced at my uncle, “every so often she would travel back to England to drop off her loot, adding to the Alexandrov family’s wealth.”

The scene in the fire changed to two ships shooting cannons at each other.

“One day in 1750, Loreley left England and set sail to Italy. Little did she know she was being followed,” I took a breath, “a ship sailed after her when she went through the Straight of Gibraltar and followed her all the way to the middle of the Mediterranean Sea where they began to shoot at the Fire Harpy. Loreley confidently apparated onto the enemy ship to search for the captain, it was then she realized her time had come. The captain of the ship was a woman, and Loreley’s charm didn’t work on her. It was then she took off her hat, and bowed her head, for she had met her match. Once her hat was back on, a bullet pierced her heart and was thrown overboard to die and sink with her ship.”

The fire returned to normal.

“It is estimated that Loreley added 1.5 million galleons to the Alexandrov legacy, making us the wealthiest family in the wizarding world at the time,” I smiled.

”MORGAN!”

I gasped hearing the voice from before roar louder than ever, I turned around to see the flames turn green, and Nathaniel Blackthorne’s face stared back at me.

“Noah,” I looked at him, “stop that!”

“I’m not doing anything!” He looked just as confused as I was.

“Aguamenti!” aunt Adriana put the fire out and looked at us, “I think… it’s time for another break.”

Noah and I looked at each other, puzzled. What just happened?

Adriana pulled us aside.
“Neither of you did that?”

“No,” I shook my head, “why would I ruin the ending to my story?”

“Nath-- Noah,” she looked at my cousin, “that wasn’t you either?”

“I swear it wasn’t,” he looked at the bag sand in his hand quizzically, then at our uncle, “unless…”

“Nonsense,” Adriana shook her head knowing where Noah was headed, “it’s not his favorite family story, but he wouldn’t hijack the bonfire.”

“Why would he call out to me?” My brow furrowed.

“How do you mean?” Adriana blinked, “you heard him?”

“He shouted my name!” They stared at me, “you didn’t?” I raised an eyebrow, they both shook their heads, “Kat didn’t hear it either when we were in our dormitory…”

“You heard his voice before this?” My aunt's eyes widened, she looked at our wands and took a deep breath, “if you hear him again you need to let me know, understand?”

I nodded.
“Yes, ma’am.”

Adriana hugged us tight and kissed the top of our heads.
“I need you two to promise me you won’t let anything get in the way of your love for each other.”

“Why wou--”

“Please,” she pulled away and looked at us, “promise me.”

“Of course,” I nodded and looked at Noah, “nothing will get in the way.”

He nodded.
“Nothing.”

She smiled at us.
“Come on, let’s try to enjoy the last of the bonfire.”

”What do you think this means?” I looked at Noah.

”No idea, but something tells me this is only the beginning.”
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:00 pm

The ambiance with which we’d started the night quickly dissipated after the event that had unfolded. The remaining professors began escorting their students to the dormitories, while my family and the marauders remained.

“What exactly happened?” Remus broke the silence, “Morgan was telling a story, the flames turned green, and then what?”

“Everyone started panicking, well you guys did,” Peter motioned towards us Alexandrovs, and he was right.  

After speaking to some of the guests it seems as though no one else saw what we had. Remus and Thor had sprung into action after seeing our faces and were stopped by our Uncle. It wasn’t until Adriana had finished speaking to us that they were able to come close.

“It’s sort of hard to explain,” I found myself saying. I turned to Thor, placing a hand on his chest, “you should go with Professor Slughorn, he could use the help of the Slytherins Head Boy.”

“I’m not leaving you right now,” He pulled me into a tight hug, “this is more important.”

I kissed him, the feeling that he shouldn’t be there becoming stronger, “Thorfinn, please, I need to speak with my family. You understand that, right?”  

His gaze went from me to my family, and eventually landing on Sirius, and for a moment I felt his grip tighten. “of course, I do, but if you need me--”

“I’ll have Morgan contact you through legilimens,” I reached up and kissed him again, the pit in my stomach ever-present. The kiss deepened and I felt his hand down my lower back.
“Woah,” I laughed lightly nudging him back, “my aunt and uncle are watching.”

We turned, and he awkwardly waved at them.
He kissed me again lightly, “I love you,” and with that, he was gone.  

You didn’t say it back, Morgan placed her arm around my shoulders.

“You’re standing right next to me; you can use your words.”  
I made a mental note to work on my occlumency.

----------

We made our way back towards the Marauders, standing with my aunt and uncle where the bonfire once roared.  
“What the hell was that?” Sirius exclaimed.

“A specter, if I’m not wrong,” I moved closer to the pile of ash.

“Specter? You think Peeves is behind this?” I heard someone behind me say.

“No, I’d have known if Peeves was here, this, this feels more like a memory.”
I looked over my shoulder towards Morgan, who had been speaking to Anastasia after I’d asked Thor to leave, Remus protectively around her. “My grandmother wrote of them; a specter is a strong emotion come to life after the death of the Witch or Wizard. It requires a remarkable amount of magic. One hasn’t been seen since the dark ages.”

“Mr. Black, Alexandrov magic is quite old, dating back centuries. Our history is full of wonderous and disastrous magic. That is what my brother and I will continue to focus our search on,” Adriana glided over to me, “in the meantime, I will ask that you gather your friends and make your way back to the Gryffindor Tower, Morgan and Nathan-” my aunt paused, “Noah, will meet you there once we are done here.”  

Sirius shot me a concerned look, “it’s okay, take everyone back to the rooms.”

He nodded, quickly finding James and interlocking his arm with his soul brother, “Marauders! Assemble!” his voice seemed to echo through the forest.  
I noticed as Remus rolled his eyes while grabbing Peter and joining the other two Marauders' arm in arms.

“Those three will be the death of us,” I joked, locking my own arm with Morgans.

“Beware of your words, nephew. You may speak a prophecy into existence.” Adriana pulled us both into a hug. “This night was much more eventful than any of us first thought. As you explained to your friends, what happened here was the work of very old magic, I will speak with Professor Binns. He might have some insight on what's transcribed. Now,” our aunt's stare was intense, radiating power, “the two of you are not, for any reason, go further into this than you already have. Ivan and I will investigate, while the two of you enjoy being seventeen.” She kissed both of our cheeks before returning to her to speak with her brother.

“We’re totally looking into this, aren’t we?” I asked Morgan.

“Oh, absolutely.” she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 12:04 am

After saying goodbye to our family and friends, Noah and I began walking back to the castle.

“So,” Noah looked at the amethyst that hung from my neck, “who’s that from?”

I looked down, holding it in my hand, and shook my head.
“I don’t know, all that came with the parcel was a note signed Svetulka. I don’t even know what it means.”

“Firefly,” he answered without missing a beat, “it’s bulgarian for firefly.”

I raised an eyebrow.
“How did you know that?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “just do.”

“Probably from my grandmother,” I rolled my eyes, “she’s always sending gifts but never actually visiting, she’s going to have to work a lot harder than that.”

“She sends nice gifts though,” Noah smirked, “that amethyst is beautiful.”

“Yeah, I guess…” I let go of the stone. “You know, this was the second time today aunt Adriana told us to enjoy our youth.” I looked at him, “I don’t know about you, but that’s kinda spooky given the current climate.”

“I’m sure she meant nothing by it,” he shrugged, “it’s Adriana we’re talking about, you know she’s always melancholy.”

I smirked.
“Except when she’s on the giggle-weed.”

Noah chuckled.
“Giggly Adriana is the best Adriana.”

I grinned thinking back to our trip to our uncle’s office.
“Especially with that stunt she pulled with the Minister.”

“That was great,” he laughed for a moment and suddenly he became pensive; remaining quiet for a couple of seconds, “Morgan?”

“Hm?” I looked at him.

“You’d tell me if there was something going on in your life that you need help with, right?”

I blinked, feeling confused.
“We basically share the same lives, silly,” I smiled at him, “if there was something going on you’d have known by now.”

“I guess you’re right,” he didn’t seem completely satisfied with my answer.

I hugged him tight once we reached the Entrance Hall.
“I need to go do my rounds,” I pulled away and smirked, “you best head to your common room before another prefect finds you.”

“A true Marauder always knows the best shortcuts,” he smirked.

I shot him a salute.
“Godspeed, Oracle.”

“Godspeed, Vixen,” he shot a salute back before sneaking behind one of the tapestries.

I stood there for a moment smiling to myself, thinking how lucky I was to have him as my cousin.

With a deep breath I turned and began doing my rounds, sneaking through every secret passageway and walking through every hall making sure there were no students out of bed.

I was about to turn and head to the common room when the distinct sound of lips smacking caught my attention behind the statue of Wilfrid the Wistful. I raised an eyebrow and took out my wand, I walked towards the shadows and casted Lumos to illuminate the source of the sound. A Ravenclaw and a Gryffindor looked back at me startled remaining in their embrace.

“Bit late for a snog stroll, isn’t it?” I smirked.

“Please don’t take away our house points,” the Ravenclaw pleaded, “we hadn’t seen each other all summer, we just wanted some time together.”

“Oh, you want more time together?” I chuckled, “detention sounds like a nice date,” I took out a small notebook and opened it in the middle, their names appeared on the pages, “you’ll be polishing and mending the Quidditch equipment tomorrow after your classes so they can be ready for tryouts.” I closed the notebook and put it back in my bag, “but hey, I won’t take away any house points if you go to your dormitories, and I will know if you don’t.”

They both looked at each other before running in opposite directions. I smirked before deciding to start my way back to the dungeons.

The walk was quiet as the quarter moon illuminated the halls through the large arched windows of the castle, as always Remus being the dominant thought in my mind. I thought back to earlier tonight, with his arm wrapped around me as we listened to my family’s stories. I could still smell his scent on me.

A loud clatter echoed down the hall behind me, making me jump. One of the suits of armor fell apart, the helmet rolling to my feet. I put my wand up.
“Who’s there?” I stepped over the helmet, “show yourself now and I might let you off easy.”

Suddenly a loud beastial screech made it’s way towards me from the back. Quickly I turned around.
“Expulso!” I shouted, my spell going right through the culprit and hitting one of the windows causing it to shatter with a loud explosion.

Peeves held his stomach as he laughed, tears streaming down his chubby face.
“Expulso!” He mimicked me and let out a loud snort as he giggled.

“Peeves!” I put my hand to my chest, “don’t scare me like that!”

“Oh but you make it so fun!” He grinned evilly, “Nathaniel can sense me coming a mile away, but you? Ha!” He rubbed his hands, “you make it too easy.”

“What is going on here?!”

We faced Professor McGonagall.

“Peeves startled me,” I glared at him, “my apologies, professor.”

McGonagall waved her hand across the fresh opening, and all the pieces of rubble put themselves together, the window looking like nothing happened; with a snap of her fingers the suit of armor levitated into place.

“You best hurry to your dormitory, miss Alexandrov,” she gave me an apologetic smile, before her face turned serious facing Peeves, “as for you, stop causing trouble or I’ll get the Baron on you.”

“Eek!” He made himself small, “you’ll have to find me first!” He disappeared.

McGonagall sighed.
“Never a dull moment,” she shook her head and looked at me, “goodnight, straight to bed.”

“Yes, ma’am,” I gave a nod before making my way to the Slytherin common room.

I tried my best to be quiet as I opened the bedroom door, but I was met with the sound of sobs. My eyes darted towards Katora’s bed, she shook under the sheets.

“Could you get her to shut up?” Lucinda sat up from her bed, “we’re trying to sleep.”

I rolled my eyes.
“Heart of gold, you.” I made my way to Kat’s bed, gently placing my hand on her shoulder, sending calming energy towards her, “hey, are you going to be okay?”

She sniffled and peeked from under the covers.
“My heart feels like it’s been stomped on and thrown away.”

I nodded and put my bag down.
“Would you like company?”

“Please,” she nodded and moved the sheets to the side.

I took off my shoes and climbed into bed with her, holding her close as I stroked her hair; like Sahar used to do to me whenever I was having a bad day.

“I don’t know how I’m going to show my face tomorrow,” she tried not to sob, “I’m going to be known as another mark on the Sirius Black serial dating list.”

“I’m sure nobody’s going to think that,”  I bit the inside of my cheek, unsure of the certainty behind my reply, “even if you were, are you going to let that define you? Or are you going to show them you can do better without him? After all, you said it yourself: you’re a catch.”

“That’s right,” she sniffled, “I am a catch.”

I smiled.
“And tomorrow you’ll show everyone what a badass you really are.”

She looked up at me.
“You really think I’m a badass?”

“Oh, no doubt,” I nodded, “you’re the most confident girl I know, besides you kick butt in dueling and you look great doing it.”

She gave a small laugh.
“Thanks,” she wrapped her arms around me, “you’re the best.”

“I know,” I chuckled softly, “try to sleep.”

She nodded, and it wasn’t long before we both drifted to sleep.

Friday, September 3rd, 1976

I awoke early and got myself ready to face the day. I grabbed my bag and walked up to the Great Hall; I waved at Noah and the Marauders before heading to the Slytherin table where Severus already sat with his nose buried in his potions book.

“Good morning, Sevvy,” I said cheerfully as I sat next to him.

“Morning,” he glanced at me, “how was the bonfire?”

“Great, actually,” I smiled, “well, except for that bit at the end where my deranged ancestor yelled my name through the flames.”

He faced his book once again.
“I heard Black broke up with Katora.”

“How did you--”

“News travels fast,” he said matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Hot Stuff,” Regulus sat in front of me, “morning Severus.”

“Mmh,” was all he could muster before grabbing a quill and writing some notes in his book.

Reg looked at me.
“Heard you blew up a window last night.”

I sighed.
“How’d that get around?”

“Peeves was gloating in the bathrooms,” he smirked.

“I’ll get him some day…”

Just then the hall filled with murmurs, everyone glancing towards the entrance where Katora stood. She remained there frozen for a moment before standing tall and making her way towards us; she sat next to me.

“How was my entrance?” She whispered.

“Fantastic,” I gave her an encouraging smile.

“Great,” she smiled, “the rest of the day should be easy.”

“Honestly, Kat,” Regulus looked at her, “you could do so much better than my brother...”

We continued to talk as we had our breakfast and once we were done we grabbed our stuff and headed to our classes.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Original

Lily was waiting for me at the bottom of the divination’s stairwell, she flashed her genuine smile at me. She always had a warmth to her, kindness.
“Finally,” she hugged me, “I was beginning to think you lost your way.”

I chuckled hugging back.
“Just got caught up with my friends is all,” we began to make our way up the stairs.

“How are you feeling?” She looked at me, “after last night I mean.”

“The Peeves incident?” I rolled my eyes.

“No,” she chuckled, “though I did hear about that. I meant with the bonfire, you all seemed terrified of the fire.”

“Yeah it’s so odd that you guys couldn’t see it,” I thought back to Nathaniel’s face, “I’m fine, just… confused. It’s like my evil ancestor is trying to communicate with me.”

“That sounds terrifying,” Lily said opening the door to the Divination classroom for us.

“And therefore it shouldn’t be talked about any longer,” Adriana stood there, startling Lily, “so sorry, miss Evans,” she smiled stepping aside. “Come on in, you’re late.”

“I never get used to you and your family,” Lily whispered as we made our way inside, sitting together at one of the tables near the front.

“Good morning, class!” Adriana smiled walking towards the center of the room.

“Good morning, Madame Alexandrov,” the class replied in unison.

“I welcome you back to the studies of Divination!” She clapped her hands together, “since it’s your first morning back to classes I decided to start us off with something easy: alomancy.” She looked around, “five points to the first person to raise their hand and correctly tell me the definition of alomancy.” Lily’s hand shot straight up, “miss Evans?”

“Alomancy is the ancient art of divining through salt,” she began, “the salt is thrown up in the air and the diviner can read symbols as the salt drops, and once the salt reaches the ground.”

“Very good!” Adriana nodded, “five points to Gryffindor!” She walked to the blackboard and wrote the summary down. She walked over to something covered under a sheet, upon removal she revealed a shelf with multiple bowls full of salt. “Now, I will call two of each table to come and grab a bowl each. Once you grab your bowls you will set your energy upon the salt, and switch with your partner. You will flick the bowl up, and allow the salt to fall to the ground; be sure to pay attention, you can miss the symbols if you blink. When the salt falls you will take the remaining salt in your bowls and throw it over your shoulders so you’re not cursed with bad luck.”

She began to call the students, starting with the tables furthest back eventually reaching Lily and I. We followed the instructions and swapped salts.

“Morgan,” my aunt gave me a nod, “you first.”

I smiled and looked at Lily before throwing the salt in the air. I could catch a glimpse of a stag before the salt scattered across the floor creating several hearts. I promptly tossed some salt over my shoulder.
“It would seem that love is in the air for you,” I grinned, “if you were trying to reach a conclusion, the answer is yes.”

Lily blushed, faint giggles could be heard coming from the back.
“I see,” she moved a strand of her hair behind her ear, trying to hide her smile.

The salt was swept up by an enchanted broom.

“Nicely done,” Adriana smiled with approval before looking at Lily, “Evans, your turn.”

She gave a nod and took a deep breath before throwing the salt; my heart sank when I caught a glimpse of a skull, on the ground lay the silhouette of a snake.

“Sorry,” she scratched the back of her head, “I wasn’t able to catch that, could I have another go?” She looked at Adriana.

“No…” My aunt spoke slowly looking at the snake, I could feel her gaze on me now, “only one try, that was the last of the salt; it’s been tainted now.”

The broom swept once more.

"Salt," I pointed at the bowl Lily held.

"Oh, of course," she nodded and quickly did as I had.

“For homework I want an essay on alomancy and it's history due on Monday," Adriana looked at everyone, "class dismissed."

Everyone gathered their belongings and made their way out, Lily looked at me as we walked.

“What was it that you saw?” I could tell she was worried, “your expression sort of distracted me, you looked upset.”

I shrugged.
“A skull… I don’t know exactly what it means, but skulls are never a good sign.”

“And the snake?”

I thought for a moment.
“Snakes are common symbols of lies and deceit.”

“First that specter, now this?” Lily bit her lip, “do you think it’s a sign of the times?”

“I don’t know,” I shook my head, “but don’t worry, we’ll get to the bottom of it.”

“I hope you do,” she gave me a gentle nudge, “can’t have anything happening to one of my best friends,” she adjusted the strap of her bag, “I’ve got History of Magic now, see you in Charms?”

“See you there,” nodded and hugged her one more time before making my way to Transfigurations class.
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 8:35 pm

“Godspeed, Vixen,” I returned Morgans salute, making my way through the tapestry.  

Once I was shrouded from my cousins' view, I let out a large sigh.
She’s lying to me, I thought, ensuring my mind was hidden away from Morgan. I’d known her my entire life, she was an excellent liar, but I could always tell when she had something troubling her.  

Taking hidden passageways would always make me think of the adventures the Marauders and I would go on; from switching the hand soaps in the Slytherin lavatories with Frog Spawn Soap, and replacing Professor Slughorns teacups with Nose-Biting teacups from Zonkos, but this time all I could focus on was the look of worry Sirius had while at the bonfire. He’d seemed concerned with what was going on, and why wouldn’t he?

“After all, we are friends... I think,” I muttered into the dark corridors of the hidden passage.  
I hadn’t spoken to him since that morning, since we’d slept together and then I’d gotten back together with my not so much anymore ex-boyfriend.  
“Okay, not my finest moment, but come on!” I stopped, “he’s Sirius fucking Black. There was no way that he actually fancied me.”

“I wouldn’t bet on that.” a voice traveled through the shadows.

I reached into my robe, pulling out my wand, “lumos.”

The tip of my wand immediately came to life, illuminating the once dark corridor, yet I remained alone.

“Boo!” James's disembodied head appeared out of thin air, scaring and nearly having me fall.

“Jesus' fuck, Potter!”

“Couldn’t resist,” he took off his invisible cloak, making the arm which he used to hold it disappear, “can’t wait to tell Peeves I spooked the unspookable,” he let out a laugh that, mixed in with his bright hazel eyes, made him look younger than he was.  

I straightened myself, “how long have you been there?”

“Long enough to hear you talk to yourself,” he made kiss faces.

“Very mature, Prongs. What are you still doing up?”

He opened up the bag that he’d carried with him, revealing eight to ten dungbombs, “had these leftovers from yesterday, planned on stuffing some in the Slytherins toilets. Tomorrow, they won’t know what hit them.”

“Seems fun,” I said in a dry tone, “good luck,” I made my way past him.

“I could use your help, a lookout with the things you can do would be helpful.”

“I think I’ll skip this one.”

“Sirius won’t be there.”  

I stopped in my tracks, “why would him not being there matter?”

“Come on, Oracle. I know Sirius better than anyone, he’s changed this summer.”

“Yeah, his parents kicked him out. A lot of people would change after that.” I crossed my arms.  

“You’re really going to make me say it, aren't you?”

I took a step closer to James, “what is there to say?”

“He’s head over heels for ya.”

“Does everyone know?” I buried my face in my hands. At this point, it felt as though everyone knew that Sirius and I had gotten closer over the summer break. “Look James, Sirius is a grown adult. Not to mention one with a reputation that precedes him. Frankly, I don’t think wild and rebellious is really for me, besides I’m with Thor and,” I noticed James make a disgusted face as I mentioned Thorfinn's name.
“Don’t make that face. I’m with Thorfinn, and the Marauders need to respect that.”

“Yeah,” James crossed his arms, most of his body disappearing with the action, “but, why are you with him?”

“Because,” my mind went blank. I had feelings for Thor, I knew that for a fact but, did I still love him as I used to?

“Because, he wants to be with me, unlike another person who will sleep with anything that moves. Now,” I grabbed James's foul-smelling bag, “are we doing this or not?”

James's grin grew larger than children in a candy store, “shall we?” he motioned towards the cloak on his arm.

I began walking past him remembering the last time I’d been under James's cloak of invisibility, “absolutely not.”

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f32344f646a33644a5f38615135673d3d2d3839363539333338312e313631346134376162366565613939393333383330353736313937362e676966

Friday, September 3rd, 1976

I lingered outside of the Potions classroom, going over my itinerary for the day,
“Potions, followed by Transfiguration, Charms, have to meet with other heads of houses for Dueling Club before-”

“Mr. Warren,” Professor Slughorn interrupted my thoughts, “you’re here early. Perhaps you could help me with something?”

“Anytime professor,” we made our way inside the potion's classroom.  
The room never seemed to change, from the old vials of potions I couldn’t name; to the large cauldron that bubbled in the middle of the room.  

“It’s a shame your cousin won’t be partaking in potions this year,” Slughorn continued towards the cauldron. “Always did enjoy having the set.”

“Sure,” I muttered, unsure how to reply to being treated like a trophy.

“You both will still be attending Slugclub meetings, I presume.”

“Of course, professor, it is an Alexandrov family tradition after all,” I placed my best and a most rehearsed smile on; one I usually saved for uncomfortable situations. I knew Slughorn meant well, but I always felt as though I was merely being used for a family name I didn’t even carry.  

“So,” I made my way closer to him and starring into the cauldron which looked to be filled with nothing more than water, “what could I help the Hogwarts potions master with?”

“Don’t get too close!” Slughorn pulled me back farther from the potion, “it is veritaserum, my boy.”

“Truth potion?” I asked.

“Indeed, and a powerful batch if I do say so myself,” Professor Slughorn tugged on his robe, beaming with pride. “There seem to be witches and wizards claiming to be working for You-Know-Who under the guise of the Imperiatus curse.”

“That’s one of the Unforgivable Curses,” I chimed in, “my father's been dealing with much of that.”

“Yes, quite right!” Slughorns sight never left the cauldron, “your father, Edmund Warren! No doubt you’ve heard some wild stories,” his brow dropped, “especially lately.”

I could hear other students outside the door of the classroom, “professor? What exactly do you need my help with?” I asked, unsure of why our Potions Master would need my help, as opposed to someone skilled like Snape, or even Lily, who talented in the art.

“I have been asked by the Ministry to make this potion,” he pointed at the cauldron full of veritaserum in the center of the room, “a request sent by your father.”
This wasn’t odd, I’d known about the Ministry using these kinds of tactics in order to capture You-Know-Who.
The refusal of saying his name bothered me, Voldemort, sounds stupid, but he was revered as the most powerful Dark Lord in centuries.

“Will you let him know it is ready, my boy?”

“Of course, professor, I’ll send Augur with a letter after class,” I flashed my rehearsed Alexandrov smile.

“Wonderful! Now,” Slughorn walked past me, “let us begin the class.”

Dozens of students walked through the classroom doors, quickly finding their seats.
Sirius and James walked in arm in arm, grins as far as the eyes can see, behind them Peter and Remus, the four of them taking a table. I quickly found my spot between Peter and Remus.
“So, it begins,” Remus pulled out his textbook.

“Let me guess,” James added, “you’ve already done all the homework old Slughorn is going to assign?”

Remus rolled his eyes, bringing out his quill.
“Good scores won’t impress big Red, Moony,” Sirius nudged Remus. I
noticed the quick smile he tried hiding from the rest of the our friends.

“We are here to get closer to our Auror goals, or have we forgotten?” James pushed his glasses up, perfectly imitating Remus.

“I always pictured Moony as the professor type,” I added in.

“He’s the oracle!” Sirius placed his fingers on the side of his head, “I foresee Remus Lupin, 20 years from now still at Hogwarts, still overthinking asking out Vixen.”

I jumbled up a piece of parchment and threw it at Sirius Black, “not funny, you ass.”
I laughed, he smiled, and the world felt as if it stopped. Sirius was so handsome, his stormy eyes and perfect features, the long hair I could live without but handsome nonetheless. I thought of his touch, the way he’d kiss me, I almost yearned for the feeling.

“Students!” Slughorn broke me off of my daydreaming,
“Welcome to your 6th-year Advanced Potions class. This year we will be learning about a variety of potions, among them amortentia, essence of insanity, Golpalotts Third Law, and veritaserum.”
Students making veritaserum? I’d have to speak to my father about the indoctrination of students into the war.  

“Professor?” Lyra raised her hand; I hadn’t noticed her taking the spot next to Moony.

“Yes, miss Townsend?” Professor Slughorn replied.

“Amortentia, it is considered one of the most powerful love potions out there. They say the scent is different depending on what things you love.”

“Quite right, miss Townsend! Five points to Gryffindor.”

“Amortentia,” he continued, “creates infatuation, not real love, that would be preposterous.”
Slughorn headed towards the gold-colored cauldron that was emitting one of the most seductive scents I’d ever inhaled: Somehow it reminded me simultaneously of my vanilla, the lingering smell of rain and lavender from their grandmother's garden, and... motorcycle gasoline? I found myself breathing very slowly and deeply and that the potion's fumes seemed to be filling me up like a drink.

“Now, who can tell me an ingredient when brewing amortentia?”

Over by the Slytherin table, Kat raised her hand. Slughorn motioned for her to stand, “a key ingredient in amortentia is pear dust.”

“Another correct answer! Thank you miss Nikawa. Five points to Slytherin.”

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 75d4b7ac65f2b925a7561ea3762c51d3703fde66_00

“Bet if she had some of that, you wouldn’t have run for the hills,” Peter nudged towards Sirius, laughing. People's eyes quickly turned towards us, Wormtail forgetting to lower his voice when speaking.

Katora stood there for a moment, all eyes turned to her and Peter. Tears streamed down her cheek as she began to tremble, then came a screech. Her body began to sprout feathers, her arms replaced by large black wings. Her face was now bird-like and menacing. She rose to the air and dove towards Peter, scratching at him with her powerful claws, her screeches echoing down the halls.  

Screaming, that’s all that could be heard. Students ran out of the classroom while others tried hiding from Katora.  

“Peter!” My hands quickly found my wand, “stupefy!”  
The blast from my wand was powerful enough to remove Harpy-Kat from on top of Wormtail. Her eagle-like eyes focused on me, the screech deafening.  

“Kat! I’m sorry for what Peter said. It was a dumb joke,” her wings spread far, screeching again.
“Okay, we’re doing things the hard way,” I mumbled to myself.  

Harpy-Kat was hit over the head by a flying textbook, “hey! I’ve had crazy exes in the past but this takes it.”
Sirius threw another book, hitting her in the face as she turned
“Come on bird brain!”

“Sirius, have you gone mad?” I yelled.

The corner of his mouth curled into a crooked smile, “mad for you, maybe.”

He winked, and I felt the blood rush to my face, “could you be serious for one second?”
Before I finished my sentence, Kat lunged at Sirius. Quicker than I would ever give him credit for, Padfoot lifted his wand, encasing himself in a protective bubble. The creature clawed her way at the bubble.

“Incarcerous!” I yelled, thick pieces of rope sprung from the tip of my wand, tying themselves around Kat, forcing her wings down and limiting her movement.

“Petrificus totalus,” Kat become still as stone, at the entrance of the classroom stood professor McGonagall, Slughorn not far behind her.
“Fifty points,” she paused, coming closer to Kat, “will be taken from both Slytherin and Gryffindor houses.”

“Fifty? Professor, see reason-” Remus was shut off quickly by McGonagall's hand.

“You five,” she pointed at the Marauders and me, “detention. Horace, help me with the girl.”

“One day, it’s been one day,” I sighed."
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 pm

A wave of emotions washed over me as I walked the crowded castle halls on my way to my next class. There were excited murmurs that faded when eyes fell upon me, as if I were about to find something out soon.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Tumblr_p8bxrfex741u1yahho1_250

”Do you think she knows yet?”
“I wonder if she’ll get expelled.”
“I saw her spit fireballs at him.”

My brow furrowed and I quickened my pace, there was only one person I knew could spit fireballs at someone.

“Over here,” Severus’ voice took over my worried mind, I looked around to see him standing in one of the archways leading to the courtyard. I made my way to him and he took my hand leading me away from the crowd.

I raised an eyebrow and looked into his eyes.
“What’s going on? Where’s Katora?”

“Your friend Pettigrew couldn’t keep his mouth shut,” he let go of my hand, “making an offhand comment about the breakup, she shifted and attacked him.” He crossed his arms, “cost Gryffindor and Slytherin fifty points each, though it was nice to see them get detention on the first day.”

I pinched the bridge of my nose.
“One of these days I’m going to kill that boy…”

“Would I be allowed to watch?” He smirked.

“Might even let you participate,” I rolled my eyes, “come on, let’s go before McGonagall gives us detention.”

The classroom was quiet, everyone in their seats as Professor McGonagall gazed upon them. I scanned the room but there was no sign of Katora; I could see Peter in his now ripped robes, I slapped him behind the head as I walked past him earning me a stern look from McGonagall, though I could see the corner of her mouth twitch as she fought off a smirk.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Tumblr_m1ekg3QCLG1qlkx6do5_250

I looked around for Remus and bit the inside of my cheek when I saw Lyra had taken the seat next to him, begrudgingly I made my way to the desk next to Noah and Sirius not wanting to waste more time, Severus sat next to me; in front of each student was an ornate gold mirror.

I could feel Noah’s emotions taking over my personal bubble.
“Judging by your energy I’d say you got detention too,” I invaded his thoughts.

“One day, that’s a new record,” he replied.

I smirked to myself.
“You know we’re a bunch of overachievers,” my smirk fell, “how much trouble is Kat in?”

“No idea, last I saw she was going to be taken to the dungeons to have her calm down.”

“Good morning, class,” Professor McGonagall got our attention.

“Good morning, Professor McGonagall,” we replied in unison.

“Welcome to your first Transfiguration class of term,” she walked over to her blackboard and began to write, “everyone take out your copies of A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration and turn to page 25.”

The room filled with the sounds of pages fluttering as we tried to find the page, my eyebrows raised as I read the words Trans-species Transformation.

“Who here can tell me the difference between transubstantial transfiguration and trans-species transformation?” She looked around; Remus raised his hand, “mister Lupin.”

“Transubstantial transfiguration is magic involving transforming objects,” he began, “trans-species transformation refers to the transformation of living creatures to resemble another species or to change their appearance.”

“Five points to Gryffindor,” she gave a nod of approval, “today we will be learning the art of human transformation; who here knows the difference between a metamorphmagus and a transfigurist?” I raised my hand, “Miss Alexandrov.”

“A metamorphmagus is a witch or wizard born with the ability to change their features at will, a transfigurist is someone who learns to change their appearance through practice or spells.”

“Five points to Slytherin,” McGonagall stood in front of her desk and took off her hat, letting her hair fall; it began to grow and change colors like a kaleidoscope, “we will be focusing on changing the color of your hair today.” Her hair went back to normal, “this requires a lot of focus, instructions can be found on page thirty.”

“This should be easy,” I flicked the pages and began to read, the instructions were easier to follow than the steps to become an animagus. I looked into the mirror and began to visualise my hair turning blue; my brow furrowing when I could only manage a tinge of purple before it returned to its vibrant red. “Or not…”

I looked back at Remus to see how he was doing and my jaw tightened as my gaze landed on Lyra and her now equally ginger locks gazing at him as he impressively changed his hair’s color and length.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Tumblr_pi5er4RcLY1ulh5smo4_250

“Morgan,” Noah whispered, “your body’s turning scarlet.”

I sat straight and looked down at my red arms and legs and took a deep breath as the color faded away.
“She’s up to something,” I whispered to him.

“Who?”

“Lyra,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Eh-hem,” McGonagall looked at us, I lowered my head.

Noah casually took a look at the two and let out a breath with his eyebrows raised.
“Okay, that’s a little weird… could be a coincidence though?”

“Nothing is coincidence with Lyra Townsend…”
Back to top Go down
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:52 pm

”So,” Sirius came up from behind me, wrapping an is arm around my neck, “you think McGonagall is going to go through with detention? It’s the first day and all.”
We’d left the potions classroom after the One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest fiasco, as James so lightly named it, and had begun making our ways to our next classes.

I spun myself out of Sirius’s embrace, “With her track record? I wouldn’t doubt it.”

“She’s not exactly known for leniency,” James chimed in. “Remember when she caught us sneaking out of the castle after hours? Or when she almost busted us sneaking into the seventh floors girl's lavatory last year?”  

Almost instinctively, I punched Sirius in the arm.
“Tell me you didn’t.”

Sirius lifted his arms admitting defeat, “no proof, no crime.”

We made it in to Professor McGonagall's classroom before the rest of the students, allowing for plenty of time to receive our punishments for saving the day.
“Honestly,” she began in the thick Scottish accent, “Mr. Pettigrew, what do you have to say for yourself?”
Peter had begun to say something but McGonagall's hand quickly stopped him, “that was rhetorical. Four sixth years fighting al almost fully transformed Veela, it is a miracle any of you are still alive, especially you,” she pointed at Wormtail.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 2fc39a9248735c8d3237b83c3fc0a2e0

“Professor, if I may,” Remus began. “Although my friend, Peter, knows that what he’s done was wrong, he was attacked. Had it not been for Noah and Sirius, who knows what could have happened.’’ Remus, always the scholar, put on his most teacherly voice.

“Be that as it may, Mr. Lupin,” McGonagall continued, “had it not been for Mr. Pettigrew's choice of words, we need not be in this dilemma. Ms. Nikawa’s fate is currently unknown, students were placed in danger, a classroom was destroyed, Mr. Lupin. Detention,” she finished.  

“What will be doing, Professor?” the defeat in my voice was apparent.  

“Mr. Lupin and Pettigrew, the both of you will assist Mr. Filch. He is in need of assistance polishing the school's candelabras,” she stared at the from the top of her glasses, “and no magic.”

Their jaws flew open, “there are hundreds of them!” exclaimed Peter.

“Then I suggest you get started,” she shifted her focus to Sirius, “It would appear that poor professor Sprout has been having a bit of a gnome problem. Mr. Black, you will assist our gamekeeper, Hagrid, in de-gnoming the greenhouses.”
Sirius sighed.

“And what about us, professor?” asked James.

“Ah, yes, Mr. Potter and Mr. Warren, it seems that the bathrooms in the dungeons were vandalized with,” she looked down at her notes, “dung bombs yesterday,” her thick accent making her pronunciation funny.
“The both of you will be in charge of cleaning them. Feels pretty fitting, if you asked me,” James and I stared at each other in disbelief, we’d been sure no one had seen us.

McGonagall stood in front of her desk and took off her hat, letting her hair fall; it began to grow and change colors like a kaleidoscope, “we will be focusing on changing the color of your hair today.” Her hair went back to normal, “this requires a lot of focus, instructions can be found on page thirty.”

I stared down at my textbook, after helping everyone become illegal animagi, this couldn’t be that hard. I turned towards the mirror, focusing, I envisioned myself looking the same as the rest of my family, red-haired. For a while nothing happened, I just continued to stare at my own reflection. Suddenly, my strawberry blonde hair began shifting its color, small hints of red began to materialize.  

“Maybe this won’t be so hard,” before I’d even finished my sentence, I already regretted my words. My hair had shifted colors, instead of becoming the scarlet red I’d originally envisioned, my hair now had become bright pink. I shook my head, once I focused on myself again, my hair had returned to its natural state.

Disappointed, I looked over to see if Morgan had mastered the art yet, she’d been focusing on Lyra Townsend. Morgan had begun turning red,

“Morgan,” I whispered. “Your body is turning scarlet.”

“She’s up to something,” she whispered, slowly the red began to fade.

“Who?” I asked, choosing to be oblivious.

“Lyra.”

“Eh-hem,” McGonagall looked at us, I lowered my head.

I focused on Remus and Lyra, the latter, now sporting long red locks that could almost pass for Alexandrov. I raised an eyebrow,
“Okay, that’s a little weird… could be a coincidence though?”

“Nothing is a coincidence with Lyra Townsend…” Morgan whispered again.

"You're starting to sound a little paranoid, Mo."
I turned back to the mirror, focusing again, but instead of scarlet hair of earlier, I pictured myself slowly growing a mustache. Almost immediately, the hair began to grow, the color matching that of my hair.
"Hey! I did it," I turned to Morgan, twisting the ends of my new look.
Back to top Go down
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 pm

I smirked seeing my cousin twisting his new mustache, I shook my head.
“Not sure mustaches are your thing,” I reached over and ruffled his hair a little as it faded back to blond, “however Alexandrov red suits you.”

I looked back at Lyra, who’s hair was back to its brown shade as she attempted to grow her nails longer; Remus was too invested in helping Peter get it right as he continually made his teeth larger.

Looking back at my own reflection I took a deep breath and began to concentrate, and slowly from the roots of my hair my red locks turned from red to a deep blue; I smiled scrunching my hair up to form soft waves. I turned to look at Severus and my brows raised as I saw him sporting a long black beard that would rival Dumbledore’s.
“That’s one epic beard.”

“Thanks,” he smirked and looked at me, his eyes widening, “that’s a look.”

“Is it a bad look?”

Severus smirked to himself looking back at his reflection.
“If you ever need to be in the wizard protection program, you should keep it in mind.”

I squinted at him before changing my hair back to its original shade; though with our visions, given how often my uncle’s house gets raided, and how the Dark Lord seemed to have taken interest in our family, the possibility wasn’t too far off.

The school bell tolled and McGonagall stood from her desk.
“Well done, everyone,” she gave us a nod of approval, “that’s all the time we have for today, as homework you are to study the bird conjuring charm which can be found on chapter four of your books, I expect you all to at least grasp the concept before class next week. You are dismissed.”

The room filled with the sounds of books closing and chairs scraping on the wooden floor. I packed everything up and slung the strap of my bag over my shoulder, and began to make my way out.

“Miss Alexandrov.”

I turned around to see McGonagall motioning for me to come over.

“I’ll save you a spot,” Noah patted my arm before walking out.

I gave him a nod and made my way to McGonagall.
“Yes, professor?”

“No doubt you already know what happened with Miss Nikawa earlier,” she took a breath, “things aren’t looking good for her when it comes to her future in Hogwarts, owls have been sent to the members of the school board and they will be voting on the decision to have her expelled.”

“Expelled?” My eyebrows raised in surprise, “isn’t that a little extreme?”

“She attacked a student, Mr. Pettigrew was lucky his friends came to his rescue before he was severely hurt or worse killed,” McGonagall sat back down and began scribbling on a piece of parchment, “it’s a serious matter that has to be dealt with in a serious way, Hogwarts is meant to be safe. It won’t be long until parents start sending us owls to ask how we’ve managed the situation,” her face turned sad, “Mr. Filch requested she be kept behind bars in the dungeons until a decision is made.”

“That’s barbaric!”

“It had to be done,” she handed me the parchment, “give this to Mr. Jones; I recommend you check up on Miss Nikawa during your free period.”

I gave a nod.
“I will,” I took a deep breath before turning around and making my way to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 50acc06ad48a265c6ec4386f906febcfb9728368

“You’re late,” were the first words I heard as I walked through the door, “Miss…”

“Alexandrov,” I held up the parchment and made my way to him, “Morgan Alexandrov.” I handed it to him.

He gave it a quick read and nodded.
“Have a seat,” he gestured towards the empty seat between Noah and Remus, “Morgan Alexandrov.”

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year 1ddb0fff71681dc42b10feee2ddf8e90f607650f

“Wonder how long this one will last,” I telepathically whispered to Noah as I took my seat.

“We had just finished discussing what a dementor is,” Professor Jones looked at me, “would you happen to know, Alexandrov?”

“A dementor is a dark creature that thrives on fear and negative emotions, they feed off people to the point they can suck out souls,” I took out my textbook and placed it on the desk, “they’re among the foulest creatures in existence.”

“Very well,” Jones began pacing in front of the class, “if dementors thrive on fear and negative emotions, who can tell me what is required to defeat them?” Lily raised her hand, “Miss…”

“Evans, sir,” she stood, “to defeat a dementor one must produce a patronus charm, a charm only as powerful as our own happiest memories.”

“Five points to Gryffindor,” he walked up to the blackboard and wrote ‘Dementors & Lethifolds’, “these are the two creatures who are affected by and only by the patronus charm, I will be expecting an essay due on Wednesday on them.”

Professor Jones began to pace again and took out his wand before standing before us, he began to move his wand in a clockwise motion.
“This is the wand movement, take out your wands and repeat with me.” We all did as told, “good, good,” he nodded. Now I want you all to focus on your happiest memories and allow them to fill you.”

I closed my eyes and thought back to my happiest memories, one that stood out wasn’t even my memory at all. Ever since my father’s disappearance my sister Sahar would show me memories of him in the family pensieve; my favorite one was of the Quidditch World Cup in 1962; I was only 3 years old but I could see myself through my sister’s eyes in my father’s arms as he cheered for the Bulgarian team; the whole family was there enjoying the match between them and the English team, dad jumped up and down and kissed my forehead when the Bulgarian seeker caught the snitch.

“Once you’ve found your memory,” Jones continued, “speak the incantation Expecto Patronus.”

I took a deep breath.
“Expecto Patronus!” I flicked my wand and out came a large luminous wolf that ran laps around me and Remus, it began chasing a fox that came out of Remus’s wand. We both looked at each other and blushed, he shot me a wink that made my heart melt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year   The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year Empty

Back to top Go down

The Alexandrov Chronicles :: 1976-1977 School Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next