Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Fish in the Sea :: Doctor Who FanFic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Fish in the Sea :: Doctor Who FanFic Empty
PostSubject: Fish in the Sea :: Doctor Who FanFic   Fish in the Sea :: Doctor Who FanFic EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:04 am

"Moon! You have a letter!"

She wiped her tears away and opened the door of her room.
"Toss it in the bin!" She said, her voice broken.

"I don't think you'll be wanting me to do that, sweetie." Moon's mother, Adhara, approached her. "Honestly, I understand you're heartbroken, but there's other fish in the sea!"

"Oh, mum," Moon sighed, "he was my 'fish'. I was going to marry him a few weeks ago, can't you understand?"

Adhara hugged her daughter tight.
"I know, but truth of the matter is he didn't deserve you." She said softly. Moon could feel her mother slide something in her back pocket. "But maybe this will cheer you up." She patted her shoulder and smiled. "Be back in a tick," and with that she left.

Moon raised an eyebrow but didn't ask, she simply reached for the envelope her mother slid her ever so inconspicuously. Her eyebrows raised and her eyes widened; this was no ordinary envelope, it was a blue evelope; and not just any blue either, it was TARDIS blue.

Quickly she ripped it open and read its message.

-"Take one step back, three steps to your right. Count to 11."-

She followed the instructions and began to count.

"One, two, three..." She grinned, she could hear it, after all this time he came back for her. "...Nine, ten, evelen."

There it was, in all its glory, a fully materialized TARDIS, his TARDIS.

The door swung open and there he was leaning against it, giving her his famous grin.
"Moonshine Sinclair!"

"Doctor!" She ran to him and hugged him tight, he twirled her around and kissed her forehead.

"Hello, Doctor!" Adhara came in with his favorite cookies and some tea on a tray.

"Oh, miss Adhara!" He kissed both her cheeks and looked at the tray. "You remembered!"

"Of course I do. My body may be going but my mind sure isn't." She laughed.

"Tell me, how long has it been?" He said taking a peek at her room and biting off a piece of a cookie, "a week?"

"More like six months," Moon scratched the back of her head.

"What?!" He looked at his watch, "I missed the wedding?!" He raised an eyebrow, "Wait a second, where's your wedding ring?"

"The wedding didn't happen," Moon's eyes watered again, "I sort of caught him having an affair."

"Oh Moon," The Doctor went back to her an embraced her, "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, human males, they're mostly the same." She wiped her tears.

"No they're not," Adhara frowned, "Doctor, tell her there's more fish in the sea, more handsome and smarter fish. She won't listen to me."

"Well, I don't know about fish..." The Doctor grinned, "maybe it's time you tried someone alien." Moonshine tilted her head to the side and looked at him. He blushed and shook his head. "I mean, we could find you an alien."

Adhara raised an eyebrow but didn't want to upset him, so she kept her thoughts bottled up. She put down the tray and went over to them.
"I'll leave you two to your shenanigans, just don't bring home any weirdos." She hugged her daughter and The Doctor, "be safe." She smiled before leaving the room.

Moonshine laughed and nodded, hugging her mother before entering the TARDIS.
"I know you didn't mean you," she casually leaned against the TARDIS's console after Adhara left and smiled.

"Moon!" They heard in the distance, "Moon!" The voice got closer. "I heard it, I heard the..." He looked at The Doctor and Moon inside. "TARDIS..."

"Noah!" The Doctor smiled and went over to him, planting a kiss on the lips and patted his shoulder. "How are you, boy?"

Noah looked a bit dazed.
"Never better." He chuckled and looked at Moon. "Don't tell me you were planning on leaving without me."

"Me, never!" Moon laughed before looking The Doctor. "Alright, where are we going?" She asked with excitement.

The Doctor moved Noah inside and closed the door before skipping over to the console, he quickly began to pull different levers and pushed different buttons.
"Hold on!" He laughed.

"Oi!" Noah shouted as he scrambled for something to hold on to.

Moon gripped to one of the TARDIS's rails and laughed along with him, Noah didn't get a chance to reach for one. The ride was bumpy and shaky for a few seconds and then everything calmed down.

"Next time, I'd like an earlier warning, please." Noah said as he stood up and straightened his clothes. "Almost killed me."

The Doctor laughed.
"Noted, mister Warren." He winked.

Moon stood straight and looked at him, unable to hide his smile he motioned for her to open the door.
"Well? Go on." He sounded excited.

She bit her bottom lip to attempt to conceal her grin, she skipped over to the door and opened it slightly, peeking at the outside world. Moon gasped.

The grass was a deep shade of orange, the sky was a light green and slowly twirling around them were two suns. The buildings all looked like they were made of white stone reminding Moon of the little towns in Greece she visited once with her mother. The birds emitted a sound unlike she'd ever heard before, as if someone had his the side of a bell gently with an iron bar; it was soothing.

"Doctor, where are we?" She whispered.

"Planet Tindora, of the Socialita Galaxy." He looked pleased with himself.

"When are we?" Noah quipped.

"The year is 9010," he gently closed the door, "go change, we have a festival to attend!"

"What should we wear?" Moon asked as she walked down the stairs.

"Anything red!" he replied as he walked to his wardrobe to change.

After a few minutes they met back at the control room.

"Don't you look dashing?" Moon smiled as he observed his outfit, looked like he came out straight from the Victorian era. She felt a little under dressed with her flapper dress.

"You know I love making an impression!" He twirled his walking stick and smiled sweetly at her. "You look gorgeous, Sinclair." The Doctor looked at Noah and his dress pants and button up shirt. "Very handsome! The Scarf gives it a nice touch." He extended his arms to them, "shall we?"

"We shall!" Moon linked her arm with his and out they went. The TARDIS's door closing behind them.

Moonshine looked up to him and then around them.
"So why exactly are we here? I see nothing. I mean, it's gorgeous... Why did we have to wear red?"

"Today is a very special day in Tindora, today is the annual festival of the Swipe."

"The Swipe?" Moon raised an eyebrow. "As the Daleks would say: 'EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!'"

"Please, let's not talk about Daleks..." Noah muttered, remembering their last near death encounter with them.

The Doctor laughed.
"Back in the year 2012, a smart phone app was created to bring people together, very popular among young people back on earth. It consisted on looking at people's profiles and swiping the screen to the right if you liked them, and left if you didn't. This is the birth planet, it's based on Tindora's culture; whenever someone was interested in someone else, they would wave with their right hand, if the other person was not interested  they would wave with their left hand and they would both continue with their day. But they knew humans wouldn't be able to take rejection well, so they made the app so you could swipe anonymously."

"Uhm, okay," Moon was still a bit confused, after all 2012 was a bit over a thousand years ago from her present. "Hold on, you're literally trying to find me an alien?"

"Well..." The Doctor hesitated, "yes." He smiled. "Alright, now remember that if someone waves with their right hand you may wave with your left, they don't mind it. If you wave with your right they'll begin to talk to you and get to know you." Moonshine nodded, "also, they have games here! So if you feel uncomfortable we could take a crack at those as well."

They reached a building who's entrance was being guarded by a woman. She could have almost passed as human if it weren't for her pink skin and purple cat like eyes.
"Identification, please." She purred.

The Doctor reached into his pocket and showed her the psychic paper. A simple peace of paper that would change to whatever was necessary for the other person to see.

"Ah, Sir Smith of Androra, it is an honor." She smiled with her fangs and turned to Moon. "Identification, please."

The Doctor passed his psychic paper behind his back over to Noah and so he could show his identification.
"Agent Lucas Viera, FBI?" The cat woman asked.

"Federal Bureau of Investigation," Noah answered. "I'm here under orders from the leader."

"Oh, yes, of course." She smiled.

Noah passed the paper back to The Doctor so he could give it to Moon.

Moon flashed it, the woman gasped and bowed.
"Grand Duchess Freesia, forgive me for my ignorance."

"You are forgiven," Moon smiled and they made their way inside.

"Why do you always get a royal title?" The Doctor looked at the paper with a raised eyebrow before folding it and putting it in his pocket.

"I'm a queen," Moonshine laughed, he winked at her.

Everyone there was dressed in red, and the entire building looked like cupid had vomited decorations on it. Many  were waving, most of them simultaneously. The place had an aura of peace and harmony. It made Moonshine happy.

Someone interrupted their walk, she looked up at the giant figure. It seemed to be a man with the head of a boar, it seemed to be smiling. He gave her a big wave with his right hoof; Moon's eyes widened and gave a small wave to the left, he bowed and continued his way in search of someone else.

"That was slightly terrifying." She breathed.

"Oi," The Doctor said sternly, "Borgelais have feelings too, you know."

"Sorry," Moonshine muttered.

"Oh, look!" He said and pulled them with him to one of the game stands, "fish!"

Moon looked at the various fishbowls and was in awe. These were no ordinary fish, they glowed, like tiny balls of colored lights.

"More fish in the sea, see?" The Doctor smiled.

"I don't think that's what mum meant by that," Moon laughed.

"Oh, I think she did." He said confidently.

"No, that's definitely not what aunt Adhara means by that." Noah said looking at the fish as well. The Doctor patted his head.

"It won't be easy taking one home," the green man in charge of the stall said, "only the most balanced of minds can master this. It's five linden a game."

"What's the objective?" Moon asked curiously.

"You need to put on this helmet," he lifted it, "and with it use your brain's power to move this ball," he pointed at it, "through the obstacle course."

"I'm sure my girl can do it!" The Doctor grinned, "I shall be right back with the lindens."

Moon was about to decline but The Doctor was long gone.
"I guess I could give it a shot."  She said to herself as she observed the fish; she noticed there was one fish in particular that wasn't swimming around its bowl, but rather it was observing her, if she moved side to side, he moved too.

"That's kind of creepy," Noah noticed it too.

"It seems to have taken a liking to you, miss." The man smiled, "Looks like he really wants to go home with you."

Moon smirked, and just when she was about to say something The Doctor came sprinting back.
"Here you are, five linden." He set them on the table.

"Very well then," the man lifted the currency to the light to insure its authenticity. He proceeded to put the helmet on Moon's head and pressed a button causing the ball to levitate. "Remember, concentration is key. Good luck."

The Doctor stood behind Moon and pointed his sonic screwdriver at her helmet.

"What are you doing?" Moon whispered.

"Fixing it," he replied.

Moon took a deep breath and began to concentrate on the ball. Moving it certainly wasn't as easy as she expected it to be, though with time it was getting easier and easier. But then again, the sonic screwdriver kept making more and more noise.

"Doctor I don't want to cheat," Moon whispered again, keeping an eye for the green man.

"Fine," he turned it off an the ball nearly fell to the floor.

Moon's brow furrowed and it slowly began to lift back up. All she had to do now was move it through the last hoop of the course.

"Come on, Sinclair..." The Doctor smiled as he watched her.

"My head hurts," She muttered as the ball crossed to the finish line.

She quickly took the helmet off and rubbed her head, the green man removed his eyes from the computer monitor and looked at her, a bit in shock.

"So did I win?" She felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"You sure did," the green man slowly went over to the fish bowls, "which one?"

"That one," she pointed to the fish that kept looking at her.

He nodded and handed it to her.

"Leave it to you to pick the weird one," Noah rolled his eyes.

"Aww, she's cute," Moon smiled as she moved her finger so the fish would follow it, "I think I'll call her Cindy."

"She is a he, and his name is Angel." The Doctor corrected.

"How on earth do you know?" Moon raised an eyebrow.

"I speak fish," He smiled and snapped his suspenders, wincing afterwards.

"What," Moon's face scrunched up in disbelief. "Fish make no sounds."

"Not any that you can hear," He ruffled her hair. He moved his ear closer to the fish bowl. "What's that? You want her to kiss you?"

"Uh, what?" Moon and Noah said at the same time, looking at the fish.

"He thinks you're the most beautiful being he's ever seen in his 402 years of existence." The Doctor smiled, "isn't that sweet?" Moonshine just looked at him. "Just a tiny kiss."

The fish made his way to the top of the bowl and stuck his tiny lips out of the water.

"I must be out of my mind," she said to herself before motioning to kiss the tiny light fish, Noah took the bowl away from her.

"You're not serious?" Noah looked disgusted. "You're doing to kiss an alien fish?"

Moon took the bowl away from him.
"You only live once, dear cousin."She put the bowl close to her face and  as soon as their lips  touched he jumped out of the water and he glowed brighter and brighter until all he was was big red light. "Doctor what's going on?!"

"Another fish in the sea!" He said happily.

The light began to dim, and standing before her was a beautiful man. Nearly a perfect human except for the small gills at the back of his ears.
"Hello, sweetheart," he whispered, "I've missed you," he proceeded to kiss her passionately.

"Oh, not you too." The Doctor, sighed. "I still don't know how humans manage to breathe when sucking each other's faces."

"Oh that's disgusting." Noah poked at his gills, quickly retracting his hand to wipe it off The Doctor's suit.

Moonshine slapped him.
"Excuse me, who do you think you are?"

"I'm Angel," He smiled, "we were destined to be."

"You're my fish," She took a step back.

"This fish is swimming up stream," He blushed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Moon blinked.

"It means he wants to win your heart," The Doctor put his arms around their shoulders. "Isn't this great? I'm sure your mother would be happy." He ruffled their hairs and dragged them along. "Come along, Warren! Let's see what else there is around here."

"Fish aliens..." Noah muttered before catching up to them.

Moonshine gulped and looked back at the green man who was now on the phone.

"Purity has been found," he said in a hushed tone.

She wanted to ask what he said, but the Doctor was rambling about what a marvelous specimen Angel was. The only thing able to interrupt him was a bell tolling.

"What's that?" Moon looked around, everyone was now sitting.

"Break time, when people take a moment to focus on themselves," The Doctor said quietly, "this would be a good time to get some food. What do you guys fancy?"

"Fish fingers and custard," Moon blurted out before she realized what she was asking for. "I am so sorry," she said to both The Doctor and Angel.

He took both her hands and put them on his chest.
"No matter what me lady says, she will always reign in my heart."

"No matter," The Doctor looked a bit uneasy, "popular food to crave, understandable." He then looked at Angel. "What about you?"

He smiled and looked at The Doctor, "I would like some milkbones, please."

Moon raised an eyebrow and looked at the Doctor, whom just put his finger to his lips so she wouldn't say anything offensive.

"Noah?" He asked.

"I'll have a baked potato with cheese," he nodded.

"I shall be right back, then!" He dashed, leaving them alone.

"Fish fingers and custard?" Noah looked at Moon, "you might as well put a dagger into the man's hearts!"

"You eat dog treats?" Moonshine questioned as she sat by one of the tables, ignoring the pang of guilt Noah's comment gave her.

"Don't all fish?" He was confused as to why she found it so unbelievable.

"I honestly don't know anymore," She laughed, "I've traveled with The Doctor so many times, seen so many things, I don't know why I question anything anymore. I mean, a fish just turned into a man right in front of my eyes and here I am questioning the fact it eats dog treats."

"Your mind is strong," Angel smiled, "it is natural for strong minds to question everything."

"Yeah, I guess it is," she smiled back at him.

"You look beautiful when you smile," Angel took her hand and kissed it before cupping it between his own.

"Yeah right, idiot," she blushed and looked away so he couldn't see her grinning.

He laughed.
"Idiot," he repeated, "if this a compliment where you're from?"

"It is," she lied and laughed.

"You two make me sick," Noah rested his head on his arms.

"idiot it is then." Angel smiled.

"Who's an idiot?" The Doctor raised an eyebrow, "Moon, are you being mean?"

"I'm not, I swear." She laughed.

"Fish fingers and custard for the lovely Sinclair," he gave her the plate, "potato for Warren," he then looked at Angel, "unfortunately they didn't have dog treats but they did have corn dogs and it's pretty much the same thing." He gave the corndog to Angel.

Moonshine laughed.
"Corn--"

An explosion shook the building, causing everyone to shriek and panic.

"Doctor!" Moon shrieked, she was about to reach for him but Angel went over and embraced her.

"I'll protect you, love!" He said picking her up.

Noah jumped into the arms of The Doctor.
"What the bloody hell was that?!" He shouted.

"No idea," The Doctor was about to set Noah down when another explosion occurred, this time blowing a hole in the ceiling.

"Doctor?!" Moon panicked.

A space ship set itself over the hole and let down a beam, someone was sent down from it. It was a man, or at least half a man. He wore a cowboy hat and a cape, his face was all covered in black fabric except for his eyes, one of them which was robotic. He had a sling filled with bullets and his gun ready at hand.

"Well that looks familiar..." The Doctor narrowed his eyes.

"Attention, Tindorians," a voice boomed from the ship, "Do not panic, we come in peace."

"Sure doesn't seem that way!" The Doctor shouted, putting Noah down. "What do you want?"

"We have come for The Purity, hand them over and we shall leave quietly." The voice said.

Moonshine gasped.
"The Purity has been found," she whispered.

"What?" Angel said raising an eyebrow.

"The green man at the game stand, when we were leaving he was on the phone and said 'The Purity has been found'." Moon got out of Angel's arms. "They want me."

Noah and The Doctor both protectively stood in front of Moon and Angel.

"She might be a pain in the ass, but you're not taking my cousin!" Noah shouted, though his voice shook.

"Very well then," The voice said, "Gunslinger, forward."

The beam disappeared leaving the Gunslinger on the ground.

"Gunslinger?" The Doctor's eyes widened. "You left Mercy."

The Gunslinger didn't say a word, he just lifted his weapon and aimed it at them.

"Moon, Noah, Angel..." The Doctor whispered. "Run."

And run they did, they went their separate ways: Moon and Angel, Noah and The Doctor; and avoided the first blast from the gun.

"This way!" The Doctor shouted to Angel and Moon.

"Right!" Angel said pulling Moonshine with him and they hid under one of the flower stands.

"Explain!" Moon harshly whispered at the Doctor. "Why am I the Purity, why do they want me?!"

"Isn't it obvious?" He whispered back.

"No." Noah and Moon replied in unison.

The Doctor straightened his bowtie and leaned in closer.
"The Picians only choose those who are pure of heart and pure of mind."

"I'm sorry, the what?" Noah asked.

"Picians," The Doctor pointed at Angel. "I knew there was a reason the other fish just kept swimming, I figured it out too late. The rest were ordinary fish, Angel is a Pician." He took a look to make sure the Gunslinger wasn't near them and hid again. "That helmet kept giving me strange readings, it was hacked. When the green man pressed the button it was already guaranteed that you would fail, or at least a normal person would fail. When I meant I was fixing it, that's all I was doing, overriding the system so it would be your brain moving that ball."

"And I did it," Moon said more to herself than to the others.

"Exactly, you showed how strong your brain was, which was more than enough for him to assume that you are The Purity." He looked at Angel, sadness evident in his face. "You were a trap, who every put you there knew that you were able to observe the mind and soul of anyone who played. Because Picians are the purest of souls."

Angel h
ad tears in his eyes.
"My love, I meant no harm, I did not know."

"Do you remember who put you there, among all those fish?" The Doctor asked, putting a gentle hand on his arm.

"It's been so long since I've been trapped in that bowl, I can barely remember." Angel gulped. "I remember they were black as coal, with a heart to match, they were among the most evil beings I had laid eyes on. Their eyes glowed red, so red..."

"Atrocitas," The Doctor concluded. "That would explain why the Gunslinger is here instead of at Mercy, Atrocitas take everything they think will do the ultimate good and turn it into a deadly weapon. I had left the Gunslinger to protect the people of that town, and they took him..."

"Uhm, Doctor..." Noah said crawling backwards.

"Not now, Noah, I'm making deductions." The Doctor scratched the back of his head.

"Doctor, we have company." Moon's eyes widened.

"Give us The Purity." The Gunslinger pointed his gun at Noah.

"You know, this would really be a good time for a plan!" Noah was panicking.

"A plan, yes, right." The Doctor stood up. "Gunslinger, do you remember me?"

Gunslinger put his gun down and scanned The Doctor.
"Affirmative."

"Do you remember the people of Mercy?" He asked.

Gunslinger processed.
"Affirmative."

"And do you remember your purpose?"

"To capture the Purity," He replied.

The Doctor put a hand behind his back signaling for the trio to slowly walk away.

"Let's go," Moonshine whispered to them an they slowly stood up an began to take steps backwards.

"No, no!" The Doctor said and put a hand on the Gunslinger's shoulder. "You were to protect the people of Mercy! That was your purpose!"

"My only purpose is to capture The Purity." He stated, "Give us The Purity."

"Right," taking out his screwdriver he smiled. "Here you are!" and pressed the button, causing the Gunslinger to fall backwards, his bionic eye shutting down.

"Alright, he'll reboot any second now!" The Doctor pushed them away. "Time to run!"

"Why is it always running?!" Noah complained as he ran.

"Up here!" Moonshine pushed a door to a stairwell. They all ran up the stairs as fast as they could and locked the door once they reached the second floor.

"Alright, thousands of innocent people down there at the hands of the Gunslinger, and we need a plan. Now." The Doctor put both hands to his head, trying to think. "Last time I confronted the Gunslinger things were simpler, though a man had to sacrifice his life..."

Angel put his hand up.
"Doctor?"

"No," The Doctor replied.

"It's the only way."

"What?" Moon asked.

"Well, the Doctor said it himself, didn't he?" Angel said. "But I can't do it until I know you will be mine forever." He took both of Moon's hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm confused." Moon raised an eyebrow.

Angel got on one knee and smiled a bit teary eyed.
"Moonshine Sinclair, will you marry me?"

"What?" Noah said out of impulse.

The Doctor looked at the three of them and sighed.
"Very well then," he looked at Noah, "your scarf, please."

"You're certainly not serious," Noah said, wide eyed, but didn't hesitate to give him the scarf.

"Oh, I am always serious." He said and tied the scarf around Angel and Moon's hands.

"Doctor?" Moon said quietly, he gave her a nod.

"Do you, Angel, take Moon to be yours to protect and to care for, to cherish and remember and to love for as long as she shall live?" The Doctor asked.

"I do." Angel replied.

"Do you, Moonshine, take Angel to be your protector, to be always in your thoughts and to never be forgotten?"

Moon looked at The Doctor, whom simply nodded again.

"I-I do." She stuttered.

"I now declare you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." The Doctor concluded.

Angel moved closer to Moon and leaned in, she looked into his eyes and saw something she hadn't seen in anyone else's before. She closed her eyes an leaned in, sealing the kiss. They were both engulfed in a warm orange glow.

Noah stood next to The Doctor.
"So they're really married?" He asked, the Doctor nodded once more. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," he cleared his throat, "I've just... this brings back memories."

"Of Amy and Rory?" Noah asked in a soft tone.

The Doctor smiled.
"I guess you could say that."

The glow dissipated, and on the couple's hands the most beautiful golden wedding bands had forged out of it. The Doctor walked over and removed the scarf from their hands, returning it to Angel.

"I must speak to you," Angel said and The Doctor nodded.

"You two, don't move." He said to the cousins before retreating with Angel.

"Looks like you had a chance to get married after all," Noah put his arm around Moon's shoulders.

"There was something in his eyes..." She whispered, smiling and teary eyed.

"What?" He wondered.

But before Moon could reply, The Doctor and Angel had come back.
"We have a plan!" The Doctor half smiled.

"Which is?" Moon asked.

"You sacrifice yourself and save the entire planet of Tindora." The Doctor cupped his hands together and smiled.

Moon blinked, Noah's eyebrows raised.
"I've been finding myself asking you this a lot today," Noah gave a nervous chuckle. "You can't be serious?"

"I'll do it," Moon took a step forward.

"What?!" Noah was in complete shock.

"I won't have thousands die because of me," her eyes shed the tears she had been holding back before. "I'll give myself to them, if that's what I have to do."

The door was shot down and the Gunslinger approached them.
"Give us The Purity." He demanded.

"Noah, move." The Doctor whispered.

Noah didn't hesitate, he saw a gleam in the Doctor's eyes he had seen many times before. Quickly he stood behind him.

Moon slowly turned around.
"You want me?" He stepped closer. "Here I stand."

The Gunslinger raised his weapon and aimed it at her.

"Now," The Doctor whispered.

Just when he pulled the trigger, Angel pushed Moon out of the way, the beam hitting him; causing him to disappear.

"No!" Moon shrieked, The Doctor held her preventing her from approaching the Gunslinger.

"The Purity has been acquired." The Gunslinger said.

Another explosion rocked the building, it was the ship.
"The Purity has been acquired." The voice repeated, sending the beam and picking him up. "You may all live in peace."

The ship slowly began to fly away.

Moon was sobbing on the ground, Noah picked her up and cradled her in his arms.

"I think it's time to go." The Doctor whispered, Noah nodded.

They made their way back downstairs, Tindorian's emergency rescue units were all there to assist the wounded.

"This is meant to be for love," The Doctor whispered as they headed to the exit.

"The festival?" Noah asked.

"No."

They stepped outside and saw the ship, it was no longer flying away. Rather it was flashing red, and emiting a sound that scared all the birds to the ground. It sounded like a very sharp alarm.

"This." The Doctor said to Noah. Right then, with a loud boom the ship exploded in the distance. "All those deaths, in the name of love."

"I'm sor
ry, Doctor. I'm still confused." Noah said as he observed the debris of the ship fall in flames, like shooting stars.

"Moonshine was pure, so pure that the instant Angel saw her he fell in love." The Doctor cleared his throat. "He recognized her soul, because like I said, Picians are the purest souls."

"So being a pure soul--"

"The purest of souls," The Doctor interrupted.

"Right, the purest of souls; that was enough for the Atrocitas to chose him over Moon?"

"When they kissed, Moon turned him into a man, a power that strong is only generated by two souls that belong together. Something very curious about Picians, when they marry they evolve; hence the glow when they kissed again. He wasn't only pure now, but he was powerful." The Doctor smirked. "Powerful enough to destroy the most evil of all creatures and their technology."

"Is he dead?" Noah asked. "Certainly someone that powerful could have survived that."

"Look at Moon's wedding band, what color is it now?"

Noah looked at his cousin's hand an raised his eyebrows.
"Silver."

"He used all of him to destroy that ship, the ring changed from gold to silver because there is no connection to the other one." The Doctor opened the TARDIS's door. "But it remains there as a promise, that he will always protect her and she will always remember him."

Noah set Moon down on a chair, she no longer sobbed but she remained quiet.

"I think it's time I take you back home." The Doctor sighed and pulled on random levers and pushed different buttons once more.

"Right," Noah nodded, holding on to a rail with one hand and on to Moon with the other. After a few seconds the rumbling from the TARDIS calmed, they arrived.

"Thank you, Doctor." Moonshine finally spoke, she stood up to hug him.

The Doctor was surprised, he hugged her tight.
"For what?"

"For giving me hope," She smiled, though her eyes still watered.

The Doctor laid a gentle kiss to her forehead.
"There is always hope." He then let go of her and went to Noah, he ruffled his hair and smiled. "Keep an eye on her."

"Don't I always?" Noah chuckled.

The Doctor pulled him in for a hug and smiled.
"I've met so many humans in my life, but I am grateful to have come across the two of you." He let go of Noah and opened the door for them to exit.

"Where will you go now?" Moon asked, seeing the sadness in The Doctor's eyes return.

"Victorian London, I think." He gave the TARDIS a gentle caress. "I think I'll catch up on my reading." He turned to close the door.

"Doctor?" Moon reached out for him.

"Yes?" He smiled.

"You might be alone. Which you should never be. Don't be alone, Doctor." Moon let a lone tear stream down her cheek.

The Doctor blinked, his smile left his young face. He hugged her tight, his eyes betraying him shedding the tears he didn't want others to see.
"I won't." He kissed the top of her head. "I promise I won't." He let go of her and turned to go inside the TARDIS, closing the door behind him.

And with that familiar noise grinding noise, the TARDIS began to disappear. Noah and Moon waved until it was gone, and the echo of it was no longer there.

"Moon?" Noah said gently.

"Yes?"

"You said you saw something in Angel's eyes that you had never seen before. What was it?"

Moon turned to her cousin and smiled.
"Eternal love."
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Fish in the Sea :: Doctor Who FanFic
Page 1 of 1