Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Sound of Destruction :: Doctor Who FanFic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaez Alexandrov
Head Administrator
Kaez Alexandrov

Sound of Destruction :: Doctor Who FanFic Empty
PostSubject: Sound of Destruction :: Doctor Who FanFic   Sound of Destruction :: Doctor Who FanFic EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:35 am

"Ah, this is the life!" Moon smiled as she lay on her beach chair, "Puerto Rico with my two favorite men, and piña coladas!"

"We could have done without the other man," Noah joked as they both observed Moon's boyfriend Jake playing catch with her stepfather.

"I know, we should have left you at home," Moon stuck her tongue out at him.

"Oi!" He laughed, throwing sand at her. As the laughter died down he cleared his throat. "You know, I saw you writing the note."

Moon took her eyes off her boyfriend to look at her cousin and raised an eyebrow.
"What note?" Her tone was casual.

"Oh, don't play dumb with me." He raised an eyebrow, "the note you left on your bed for The Doctor."

"What about it?" She took a sip from her piña colada.

"Well, I mean I hope he will come back for us as much as the next guy, but it's been five years..." He bit the inside of his cheek, trying to carefully pick his words. "I don't know, anything could have happened to him, maybe he d--"

"No," Moonshine interrupted, shaking her head, "The Doctor regenerates, you know this."

"Right..." He said and sighed. "I don't know, I just don't want you to hold on to false hope."

Just when Moon was about to come up with a response, the ball smacked onto her face, knocking off her sunglasses.

"Sorry, Luna!" Her stepfather, Lorenzo, shouted.

Jake ran over to her, laughing.
"Are you okay, babe?" He kissed where the ball had hit.

"Never better," Moon smiled.

Jake was about to reach for the ball but she took it and stood up, grinning.
"You want it?" She giggled. "You'll have to come get it!" And she took off.

"Mama, we both know how this is going to end!" Jake shouted, giving Moon a bit of a head start.

"I don't care!" She shouted as she ran.

He shook his head trailed after her, effortlessly reaching her, taking her arm and attempting to turn her around, causing them to fall on the warm sand. Moon giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck before kissing him passionately. "I love you," she grinned.

"I love you more," he chuckled before taking the ball.

"Oh yeah, how do you figure?" She raised an eyebrow.

Jake shook his head and helped her up.
"Easy, I don't make you go through unnecesary struggles."

"Oh, daddy, they're all necessary." Moon laughed.

"Of course they are," He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed the side of her head as they walked back to where Noah and Lorenzo were.

Adhara returned to them, wringing her hair out from the water.
"I could get used to the island weather," she smiled, "we should probably head back to the hotel and get something to eat, how about it?"

"Food. Yes." Noah said standing up and grabbing his things.

"Sure, I could go for some food." Moon smiled.

Moon wrapped a towel around her waist and got all of her things, then off they went.

They were about to reach the hotel's lobby when all of a sudden they heard a strange griding noise. Well, strange to those who wouldn't be familiar to it; but that sound made Moon, Noah and Adhara stop in their tracks, leaving Jake and Lorenzo confused. Moon and Noah looked at each other and then at Adhara.
"Go." She said, wide eyed.

Without a word Noah and Moon dropped their things and ran as fast as they could, trying to locate where the noise was coming from, laughing with excitement. They reached an empty ballroom and bust the doors open, the TARDIS stood proudly in the middle.

"Oh my God," Noah's voice shook, "it's him."

Moon was near tears as she walked over to the blue box.
"Doctor?" She said in a low voice, she was about to knock on the door when it swung open. She took several steps back and covered her mouth with her hand. Before her stood a man she had never seen before; wrinkly and gray haired.

Noah stood next to Moon and looked at the man.
"Doctor?" He blinked.

The man nodded.
"I saw your note," he held the piece of paper up.

Moon's eyes shed uncontrolable tears.
"What happened?!" Her heart beat fast, "how did it happen?! Who hurt you?!"

He exited the TARDIS.
"Believe it or not, it wasn't a matter of someone hurting me."

"You're Scottish!" She gasped, noting his new accent, The Doctor nodded again.

Moon ran over to him and hugged him tight, he awkwardly put his arms around her.
"You're in a bikini, full of sand, all wet," he stated, "and apparently I am not much of a hugging man this time around."

She shook her head.
"The Doctor is always a hugging man." Moon let go of him and took his hands. "What happened?"

The Doctor chuckled.
"I got old."

"I can see that," Noah said, going over to him and patting his arm.

"Before I regenerated," The Doctor continued, "I got old, spent my life in a little town named Christmas protecting its citizens from the Daleks. I aged to the point of dying, stuff went down and now I'm..." He took a step back and motioned at himself with his arms. "This. I still can't figure out why I have this particular face yet, it's been on my mind to get to the bottom of it but I just don't know."

Moon smiled and put a gentle hand to his face.
"You may not look as young, but you're still handsome as ever."

The Doctor put a hand on her's and smiles.
"Oh, Sinclair, always knowing the right things to say."

"Moon?" Jake said, eyebrows raised, walking towards them.

The Doctor closed the TARDIS door and observed Jake.
"Who is this?"

"I was about to ask the same thing." Jake glared.

"My eyebrows make me look cross enough, don't make me glare at you." The Doctor said moving Moon to the side.

"Oh boy..." Noah moved over to his cousin.

Moon bit her lip and stood between them, pushing them apart.
"Doctor, this is my boyfriend, Jake."

"Boyfriend?!" The Doctor gasped.

"That's right," Jake took hold of Moon's hand.

"Boyfriend?!" He shouted and took Moon's left hand, "where's your wedding ring?!"

"Wedding ring?" Jake asked, shocked.

"I took it off." Moonshine felt defensive, "It's been five years, Doctor!"

"Five years was enough to make you forget your husband!? He died for you! Do you think I forget about any of my wives?!" The Doctor flailed his arms.

"Well I'm sure you didn't win your wives in a bloody festival!" How could The Doctor just throw that in her face? "Five years is a long time!"

"Oh that was not five years ago!" The Doctor crossed his arms, but lowered his tone. "Was it?"

"We've been waiting five years for you to come back, Doctor." Noah stood next to Jake.

Guilt took over The Doctor's face.
"Five years..." He muttered. He quickly went over to the cousins and hugged them tight.

"I left you notes on my bed every day," Moon teared up as she hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry," He kissed her forehead, reminding Moon of his previous self.

"You married a man you won in a festival?" Jake was still confused.

"It was really a fish," The Doctor let go of them, "brave man he was." He cleared his throat and observed Jake, circling him. "What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a lawyer," Jake raised an eyebrow, uncomfortable under The Doctor's gaze.

"Well at least he's not a soldier." The Doctor patted Moon's shoulder. "I hope Clara isn't dating one either..."

"Clara?" Noah asked.

"My companion," The Doctor smiled, "Moon told me not to be alone, so I'm not alone."

Moon smiled.
"Good, I don't know what would happen to you without supervision." She laughed. "So what brings you back to us?"

"Well, Clara went out on a date and I decided that I missed you two and needed to see you at once." He opened the TARDIS door, "and I thought that maybe you two would want to join me."

"Where and when to?" Noah asked excitedly.

"When to?" Jake was getting a bit impatient. "Moon, please, explain."

Moon looked at The Doctor and he nodded, then she looked back at her boyfriend.
"This is the TARDIS, it stands for 'Time And Relative Dimention In Space', it is a time machine that can take you to any time and any place in the universe. The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from the planet Gallifrey."

Jake scoffed.
"Yeah, right," he shook his head. "You travel in that tiny thing?"

The Doctor rolled his eyes and moved aside, motioning for Jake to take a look. Jake cautiously moved forward an went inside the TARDIS. Quickly he got out, wide eyed.

"I forgot to mention, it's bigger on the inside." Moon giggled as she watched Jake circle around the TARDIS.

"No kidding," He went inside the TARDIS again but The Doctor pulled him by his shirt. "OI!" Jake shouted, freeing himself from his grip.

"That's quite enough," The Doctor straightened his suit. "Now run along, I've got things to show Noah and Moon."

"You mean he can't come with us?" Moon frowned.

"No," The Doctor look his stern eyes away from Jake and set them on Moon. "I came for you two."

"He's coming with us, or we don't go." Moon crossed her arms.

"What?!" Noah said a bit too loud, "Moon..." he put his hands on her shoulders. "We've been waiting five years, surely you're kidding."

"Nope, not kidding." She looked at The Doctor. "He goes, or we stay."

The Doctor glared at Jake.
"Stay, then." And with that he turned and entered the TARDIS, closing the door behind him. The grinding noise made Moon's heart skip a beat as she observed it disappear.

Noah stood opened-mouth, he slowly turned to Moon.
"He left."

"Yes," Moon cleared her throat before looking at Jake. "Food, then?"

Jake frowned and looked at his girlfriend.
"You should have gone," He said, his tone sad. "I could have waited."

"He could have waited!" Noah ran a hand through his hair. "We could have been anywhere by now!"

"Oh Noah, stop it." Moon went over to Jake and kissed his lips softly. "I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it without you."

Jake wrapped his arms around her waist.
"I still think you should have gone." He kissed her back.

"We should have gone," Noah headed to the doors.

"Would you sh--" Moon was about to shout at her cousin when the noise came back and the TARDIS materialized behind her.

The Doctor opened the door and sighed.
"Quit sucking on each other and let's go."

"Yes!" Noah ran inside the TARDIS.

"Shall we?" Moon smiled at Jake, taking his hand.

"We shall," He grinned and they made their way inside.

"You've redecorated!" Moon smiled looking around, bookshelfs surrounded the console room, the walls were a nice navy blue and there seemed to be some shiny new gadgets on the console itself.

"I did," the Doctor began to pull some levers. "I had you and Amy on my mind, you both love writing, some of her books are on those shelves."

"Any of mine?" Moon asked, going up the stairs to take a closer look.

"Yes," The Doctor kept an eye on her, "You can't take a peek at them, though. It would create a paradox."

"Yeah, I can't read something I haven't published yet, I know..." Moon turned around and smiled. "Alright, where are we going?"

"Well, how about I take you guys on a real vacation?" He began to push several buttons and pulled one final lever.

With a bit of a bumpy start, they reached their destination.

"You've gotten better at driving this thing." Noah laughed.

"Thanks, all in the wrist." The Doctor cleared this throat. "Well, someone go open the door!"

"I think Jake should," Moon smiled. "It is his first trip on the TARDIS after all."

"Go on then," The Doctor observed him.

Jake looked at Moon and she nodded at him, with a deep breath he went over to the door and opened it slowly.
"Woah," was all tha managed to leave his mouth, he looked at Moon and motioned for her to go over to him.

She made her way to the doors and looked outside. She gasped and exited.
"Noah come see!" She shouted.

Noah didn't hessitate, pushing past both The Doctor and Jake on his way out.
"Holy..." He gasped.

The TARDIS had landed on a beach, but it was unlike any beach they had ever seen. The sand was white and glistened like diamonds, the water glowed with blue light, the sky looked different as well; a supernova iluminated the planet, having the sky glow different colors.

"Doctor, this is gorgeous." Moon walked towards the water and dipped one foot in it, the water surrounding it turned from blue to gold. Moon smiled and turned around. "Where are we?"

"Piscia." The Doctor said as he leaned on the TARDIS.

"Piscia?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Piscia," he repeated.

Moon blinked and crossed her arms.
"You brought me to my deceased husband's home planet?"

"Yes, I thought you would have wanted to know where he was from and more about who he was, you know, the man who loved you enough to give his life for you?" He could see that Moon was getting angry. "I told you that I had only come for you and Noah, I wasn't planning on having someone extra."

Noah rubbed Moon's shoulders.
"Calm down, dear cousin," he smiled, "look at how beautiful this place is, I'm sure Jake doesn't mind," he looked at him, "do you?"

Jake shook his head.
"Not at all," He smiled and kissed the side of his girlfriend's head, "we're on an alien planet, and it's real cool looking, let's just enjoy it, eh?"

Moon nodded and sighed.
"You're right," she looked at the Doctor, "I'm sorry."

He smiled and clapped his hands together.
"Brilliant!"

"When are we, then?" Noah asked excitedly.

"The year is 8990," The Doctor said looking at his watch, "this is the day L8S-001 blew up, thought you'd want to see an impressive light show." He locked the TARDIS door, "follow me."

Without hesitation, they followed him further into the beach, away from the shield of the TARDIS. The Piscians sat on the sand observing the new supernova, their local music played and people danced to honor this new event. Moon observed the dancers and smiled, their fluid movements seemed hypnotizing. One of the dancers noticed her staring and smiled, ran over to her and dragged her to the circle.

"No, please!" She laughed, "can't dance to save my life!"

"We teach, yes?" A gorgeous woman said taking both her hands and moving slowly so Moon could mimick the steps.

Moon smiled and nodded, shadowing her moves, getting faster and faster, so fast that she couldn't keep up, missed a step and tripped onto the sand. The music stopped and everyone circled around her.

"Oops?" Moon blushed, feeling embarrassed.

They all laughed, but the laughter died when they noticed a hooded man walking towards them. They all bowed as he made his way to Moon; he extended his hand to her in order to help her up. She looked at his hand for a moment before carefully taking it, effortlessly he lifted her and took his hood off, her eyes widened.

"Shit," Noah said outloud.

"What?" Jake raised an eyebrow.

The Doctor cleared his throat, Moon looked at him and back at the man.

"Welcome to Piscia," he smiled and kissed her hand, "I am King Angel."

"Mother fuck..." Moon muttered.

"Excuse me?" Angel chuckled, looking into Moon's eyes, "how have I never seen you around, I would have remembered such beauty."

Moon blinked.
"I-I'm from far away..." She gave a nervous chuckle. "Very, very far away."

Angel traced his fingers on Moon's neck where Piscian gills would usually be, he smirked.
"Human."

Moon cleared her throat feeling uncomfortable.
"Yes, human."

"Have you traveled here alone?" Angel said getting closer.

Noah nudged the Doctor.
"Do something," he whispered.

"No, she did not!" The Doctor spoke up, "this is Noah, Jacob-"

"Jake," he corrected.

"And I am The Doctor," He said approaching the king and bowing.

"The Doctor, are you this beautiful woman's father?" Angel smiled and shook his hand.

"Father?" The Doctor raised an eyebrow, "we look the same age how can you assume I'm her father?"

Angel blinked and looked from the Doctor to Moon and chuckled.
"My apologies, aging must be different back on your home planet."

Noah snorted.

"Well my most warm welcome to you all, you have arrived just in time to celebrate the rebirth of our sun god," he extended his arms, "let the celebrations continue!" Music began to play again and everyone resumed their dancing. "Follow me," Angel said to the four of them, and follow they did over to a big white tent.

Inside it looked like a golden palace, all fit for a king. Weird animals ran around, the tables were full of food, there was a huge golden throne with servants on each side standing tall and awaiting orders.
"So what brings you to Piscia?" Angel asked, not taking his eyes off Moon.

"Rescentment,"' Moon glared at the Doctor.

"Your sun god's new life!" The Doctor smiled, "the oportunity to see Piscia in a new light."

"That was a good pun," Noah patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, I try," the Doctor smiled about to reach for his suspenders for his usual proud pose, but realized he no longer wore suspenders so he straightened his tie instead.

"It is said that the rebirth of the gods bring blessings to he land," Angel put his hands on Moon's hips, "it seems the legends are true."

Moon backed away, laughing nervously, just as Angel was about to close the space between them, Jake stepped in and put his arm around Moon's shoulders.
"Yeah, and boy am I blessed to have such a beautiful girlfriend."

"Girl friend?" Angel raised an eyebrow, "why are you holding her so tightly if you are friends?"

"What he means is he is my consort," Moon wrapped her arm around Jake's waist.

Angel blinked.
"My apologies," he stepped back, "you are very blessed indeed to have a woman with such a beautiful and pure soul;" he eyed Jake, "though you are not deserving of her."

"Okay then," Jake raised an eyebrow, surprised by Angel's words.

"Ok!" Noah clapped and got between them, "this was a lovely visit, but I believe we have over stayed our welcome."

Moon noticed Jake's brow furrowed and nodded.
"Yes, I think we have." She chuckled and bowed at the king. "Thank you for your warm welcome, but we really should be going."

"So soon?" Angel frowned, he cupped Moon's face and looked into her eyes. "I wish I could visit you in your planet, but I would turn into a different creature if I left Piscia's atmosphere, please do come back."

"Alright, time to go!" Jake said pulling Moon to him and walking out of the tent, a few seconds later Noah and The Doctor followed.

"Guys, come on!" The Doctor whined, "he's a Piscian! He doesn't know better!" The music stopped and the crowd looked at them, glaring. The Doctor cleared his throat. "Yeah, I think it's time to leave..."

They all ran to the TARDIS and The Doctor locked the door.

"I take it that was your husband, then?" Jake sighed.

"Unfortunately." Moon glared at The Doctor. "Five years I waited for you, five! You come back and bring me here, at a year when Angel is alive. You KNEW he was king, you KNEW he would notice my soul!" She thought for a moment. "This is why he recognized me in the year 9010, back in Tindora! Because of YOU!"

"YES," The Doctor shouted, "YES! AND WITHOUT THIS HAPPENING, YOU WOULD HAVE DIED IN TINDORA!" Moon took a step back, never had The Doctor yelled at her like that. Her eyes watered and The Doctor's expression softened. "I am sorry for the inconvenience this trip has caused, I'll drop you guys back in Puerto Rico and I'll be on my way..." He made his way to the console, set the destination, and with the pull of a lever they made their way back.

Noah sighed, Moon had been rude towards The Doctor all day, and that put him in a bad mood. After all, The Doctor was just trying to help, and as far as he understood, was trying to keep her alive. He walked over to his cousin and hugged her.
"Listen," he whispered, "I know today has gone south for you, but you need to see it from his point of view. He doesn't even know Jake, maybe he just wanted to remind you of Angel because he had saved your life, which Jake hasn't done."

"Because he hasn't had a reason to," Moon whispered back, hugging him as well, "I know he would."

"Yes, but The Doctor doesn't."

Moon bit her lip and sighed.
"You're right."
She walked over to The Doctor and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Listen, I'm sorry about my attitude today," she looked in his eyes, "I just missed you, and wanted this trip to be amazing, Angel was just so blunt and completely oblivious to personal space it got very uncomfortable. Taking it out on you isn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry, and I understand if you don't want to see me again."

The Doctor smirked.
"My dear Sinclair, do you really think I care of you so little that I would abandon you over a bit of attitude? If that were the case I wouldn't have stuck around with Donna Noble for so long." He laughed, "you and Noah are both dear to me, I'll always come back." Awkwardly he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight, she smiled and hugged him back.

"Why the hugging?" Her voice broke.

"Thought you'd want to hide your face," The Doctor's voice trembled slightly. She pulled away and wiped a tear from his face, he straightened his suit and nodded. "Well, we're back," he walked over to the door and opened it.

"EX-TER-MI-NATE!"

Noah shrieked and ran to the console, pushed a red button and the TARDIS shook for a moment, flashes of purple, blue and white came from the open door to which The Doctor clung to. With a slam they landed, they were back in Piscia.

"How did you know that was the reverse button?" The Doctor asked wide eyed.

"I didn't!" Noah sank to the floor, panting and sweating. "That was a Dalek!"

"Indeed it was..." The Doctor looked deep in thought.

"Dalek?" Jake raised an eyebrow, "what's a Dalek?"

"Creatures born to hate, creatures who's only thought is to destroy anything and anyone that is not a Dalek." The Doctor's face grew serious.

"There. Are. Daleks. In. Puerto Rico." Moon looked like she was going to throw up. "Mum and Lorenzo are in Puerto Rico. We just /left/ them..." She looked at the red button an ran to slam it, once more the TARDIS shook and they were back.

The Doctor opened the door once more, the area they landed at was Dalek free.
"Alright, you guys stay in here, you'll be safe, I'll go out and see what I can do."

"Are you barking?" Moon chuckled nervously, walking out the door. "No way we're letting you go alone."

"I don't think he's the one that's mad, you can't be serious!" Noah shouted from under the console. "We can't go, there's DALEKS!"

"We faced them once before, didn't we?" Moon crossed her arms, "this should be a piece of cake."

Jake, admiring his girlfriend's bravery to face whatever was out there, cleared his throat and nodded.
"If my toughcake is going, I'll go too." He walked out the door.

The three of them looked at Noah, whom turned scalet red.
"Ugh, fine!" He got up, "but if I get murdered, I'll kill you all."

Moon laughed.
"That's the spirit!"

The Doctor locked the TARDIS and off they went, outside they heard screams, car alarms, and the Daleks shouting in their sickening robotic voice. Jake stayed close to Moon, Noah stayed close to The Doctor.

"Alright, Doctor, what's your plan?" Jake asked when they turned the corner and reached the hotel's casino which had been torn apart by the Daleks.

"I don't have one," The Doctor said looking around.

"What?!" Jake shouted, The Doctor shushed him.

"Who is there?" A Dalek spoke, they hid behind a row of broken slot machines. "Show yourself! Shoow yourr seeeeelf!"

"God, their voices are annoying." Moon muttered before looking at Jake and whispering, "don't worry, The Doctor is the master of improvising," she looked at The Doctor, "aren't you."

"Hm," was all he could respond with, he was deep in thought. "I've got it, Moon, show yourself to the Dalek, lie to it."

"I guess this regeneration isn't too bright eh?" Moon whispered, shocked.

"SHOOOOW YOUR SEEEELF!"

"Doctor, I find myself asking this a lot when we run into trouble with you, but, you can't be serious?" Noah's face gave away how frightened he was. "He'll pulverize her!"

"I need the Dalek to be distracted, also to know why they are here," The Doctor peeked at the Dalek, "if I show my face they'll know who I am, Moon is the braver of you two."

Noah scoffed.
"While at this very moment that may be true, I feel insulted."

"I'll do it." Jake said, about to stand up but The Doctor pulled him back down.

"You've never faced a Dalek before," he scoweled, "what makes you think that you can take this one?"

Right then the three of them began to argue in whispers, Moon rolled her eyes and stood up, she moved into the Dalek's view and put her hands on her hips.
"Over here, Dalek!"

"Identify yourself!" It barked.

"I am The Purity!" Her voice was loud, clear and full of authority.

"Explain!"

"I am the ruler of this planet, the owner of every creature, and your very worst nightmare." Moon grinned.

"There are no nightmares bigger than the Daaaaleks!" It shrieked, "you are not a threat."

"You clearly don't know who I am," Moon walked over to the Dalek in slow heavy steps, "I have starved children, I have unleashed wars in this planet that have killed billions, I have created fear and made people turn against each other, I've stolen money from the poor and given it to those who use it to destroy themselves. All of this for my enjoyment. They call me The Purity because I am hate in its purest form, those under me are too afraid to call me by my real name. And you? You're nothing but a tiny and insignificant 'Daaaalek' and I am your ruler." She was face-to-eye with the Dalek, glaring at it.

The Dalek was quiet for a moment.
"I can see it in your eyes, all the hate inside of you, you are truly The Purity, hate beyond perfection."

"That's right, you are inferior, and therefore you should exterminate yourself." Moon tried an evil grin.

The Dalek's eye changed from blue to red.
"EX-TER-MI-NATE!" It shouted, and exploded. The blast pushed Moon back, she fell several feet and was pelted with debris.

"Moon!"Jake shrieked, running to her and craddling her in his arms. "Mama, are you okay?" His eyes watered, "Moon, answer me!"

She groaned and nodded, Jake kissed her forehead and held her tight.
"I'm okay, but you're crushing me." She gave a weak laugh.

"Sorry," he sniffled as he helped her up.

"That was brilliant!" The Doctor smiled, "see? This is why /she/ had to do it."

"She nearly died," Noah reminded him.

"Yes, but she didn't!" The Doctor ruffled his hair. "How did you come up with that, Sinclair?"

Moon chuckled.
"I just pretended to be a polititian, no force on earth more evil." She bit her lip, "but Doctor, that won't work on the Daleks waiting outside, they're too many. One Dalek is easy enough to outsmart, but not a crowd of them. What are we going to do?"

"Over here," The Doctor said walking towards a small stage, he lifted up a small instriment, "do any of you know what this is and how to play it?"

Jake got closer, "that there is an electric viola, I'm pretty good."

"Can you make it play very annoying high pitched sounds?" The Doctor seemed excited.

"Well, yeah," Jake was confused, "but wh--"

"Dalek technology, while very advanced, still has its flaws," The Doctor took out his sonic screwdriver and used it to modify the viola and the speakers, "high pitched sounds could make their shells malfunction, hopefully with a bit of tinkering we can turn this instrument into a deadly Dalek extermination weapon."

"A 'dew'." Moon laughed. They turned to look at her with raised eyebrows, she cleared her throat, "sorry."

"Right," The Doctor went back to modifying, "if their shells malfunction they should either self destruct, or shut down causing the Daleks themselves to die."

"What if that doesn't work?" Noah asked nervously.

"We do what we do best," the Doctor straightened his suit, "we improvise!"

"Oh, yeah," Noah sighed, "makes me feel very safe..."

"Okay, give it a try," The Doctor said to Jake. Jake nodded and proceeded to play, the first note so strong that the windows cracked, immediately he let go of the viola to cover his ears. "Brilliant!" The Doctor shouted, shaking his.

Noah had his ears covered and his eyes closed.
"Bloody hell!" He shouted, and turned to Moon, "tha-" he blinked and looked around, "erm, Doctor?!"

The Doctor turned to him.
"Y-" He raised an eyebrow and raced to the center of the room to look around for her.

"M-maybe she went back to the TARDIS," Jake said, his eyes open wide in fear. The three of them exchanged looks before bolting to the previous room.

"What?!" Noah shrieked.

The room was empty, no TARDIS in sight.

"Fuck..." Jake gripped his hair, "FUCK!" He shouted, "what are we supposed to do now?! Where could they have taken her?! What do they want with her?!" He began to speak fast, louder and louder each time.

The Doctor's brow furrowed and held Jake by the shoulders.
"Pull yourself together, man!" And slapped him hard to try and snap him out of his panic. Jake looked at him for half a second before slapping him back equally as hard, causing the Doctor to stumble back. He rubbed his cheek and nodded. "Yup, deserved that..." He put his hands on Jake's arms, "listen to me, they've taken two of the most prized beings in my life, and we're not gonna stand around and let them get away with it."

Jake looked into his eyes and nodded, trying to steady himself.
"Alright, lead the way..."

The Doctor nodded and walked out of the room, Noah an Jake trailed behind.
"Alright, the Daleks have the TARDIS, which means they know I'm here. Any moment now their shrill voices will start chanting my name exposing their location for me to go after them and have it seem like they exposed me." He stood back at the casino, listening. But the only Dalek voices heard were their "EX-TER-MI-NATE" chants outside. Jake looked at the Doctor with a raised eyebrow. "Okay, maybe--"

"DOCTOR!" They heard Moon shriek in the distance, along with a loud clatter and a splash.

"Moon!" Jake shouted and ran in the general direction, the Doctor and Noah trailing after him with he viola and speakers.

They made it out to the pool area where the sight stopped them dead in their tracks, Moon was crying, hooked up to a machine by the veins in her arms, in front of her a Dalek at the bottom of the pool, the Daleks gathered around her screaming "EX-TER-MI-NATE!"

"HEY!" Jake shouted angrilly, "step away from my girlfriend!"

"Jake!" Moon smiled, wanting to run to him.

"EX-TER--" A Dalek had approached Jake, but he stabbed its 'eye' with the viola, breaking it. This caused the Dalek to flail and accidentally fall in the pool, sparking. The rest of the Daleks turned in silence to them.

"Doc-torrrrr," one of them said, causing the rest to join him, "you have no power anymore, we have the Purity!"

"Yes, I see..." The Doctor stepped up, nodding. "Very well done, beautifully executed..." Jake raised an eyebrow but kept quiet, observing him. Noah looked around and shifted slightly to the side, he looked at the Daleks, they were all fixed on The Doctor. Then something caught his attention, The Doctor seemed to be gesturing to him. He know what he had to do, slowly he inched his way around the Daleks, trying to reach Moon. "I am not here to fight," The Doctor continued, "rather I have come to surrender, for I am no match for the Purity, therefore I am no longer a match for you."

"That is correct!" One Dalek said, they all united in a chorus of robot laughter.

"I am here to bring you tribute, a song so offensive it is sure to please your evil senses," The Doctor took a bow and stepped aside.

Noah reached Moon and his eyes widened, Adhara and Lorenzo were shackled next to her, unconscious.
"Are they..." He whimpered.

"No," Moon whispered and bit her lip looking at her restrains, "Noah how are you getting me out of here?"

"I-I..." Noah looked around making sure no Dalek had noticed him, "they have a plunger and an egg beater, how the heck did they get you hooked up?"

"They threatened mom and Lorenzo with killing me if they didn't do what they were told, Lorenzo is a nurse so he hooked me up, mom put the restraints." Moon looked over at Jake who seemed ready to play. "Tear the needles out of my arms."

"What?!" Noah whispered, "are you crazy? What if these things tear your veins out?!"

"Only one way to find out," She closed her eyes, "they plan on draining my blood anyways, to pump it into themselves, so regardless I'll be a gonner, so do it."

Noah looked at her and nodded, he stepped closer and right when he ripped the first one out, Jake began to play so loud that Moon's scream went unoticed. Noah whinced at the noise, hardly being able to concentrate on his task. Higher and higher the notes went, the pool's water trembled, the windows broke and so did the Dalek's eyes.

There was a mess of "EX-TER-MI-NATE!" as they flailed, shooting their lazers everywhere; hitting each other desintegrating and exploting.
"Not good," The Doctor said wide eyed, dodging a few lazers.

Jake stopped playing, noticing that the Daleks were basically destroying themselves, his eyes also widened realizing what was wrong; most of the Daleks were near Noah and Moon. Without a second thought, he ran towards them, kicking Daleks out of the way just barely evading their deadly zaps. He reached them and his brow furrowed at the blood gushing out of Moonshine's arms. He took his shirt off and ripped it in two, wrapping the fabric tight on the wounds. Moon shed tears of joy and he kissed her passionately.
"Are you alright?" He asked cupping her face.

Moon nodded.
"I-I'm great." She sniffled.

"JAKE WATCH OUT!" Noah shouted, Jake turned around.

"EX-TER-MI-NATE!" A Dalek was heading towards him, shooting at random. Out of instinct he picked up the viola and used it as a shield right when a lazer was about to hit him, causing the viola to desintegrate. Angry, Jake pushed the Dalek into the pool where it began to spark and shut down.

Jake's brow furrowed as he tried to catch his breath, he looked at his hand making sure he wasn't missing any fingers.

The Doctor reached them and took out his screwdriver, overode the machine's power and Moon was released, caught by Jake. She looked into his eyes and kissed him fervently, before hugging him tightly.
"You were brilliant, daddy." She whispered, not letting go of him.

Jake kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.
"Thanks, baby."

Noah walked over to Adhara and Lorenzo, trying to shake them awake. He noticed they had a dart on their necks an ripped them off, a few seconds later they began to stir awake. Noah slumped to he floor next to him and ran a hand through his hair, sighing.
"I. Hate. Daleks."

There was a groaning sound and the TARDIS materialized behind The Doctor.
"Took you long enough, Sexy." He stroked her side before turning to the group. "Who's up for a lift home?"

"I definitely am," Adhara said trying to stand up.

"Agreed," Lorenzo said helping her.

Noah didn't speak, he simply ran into the TARDIS.

Moon giggled and looked into Jake's eyes.
"I think we've had enough vacation for a while."

"Most definiely," Jake smirked before wrapping his arm around her and guiding her in.

The Doctor took one last look around at the destruction before going inside and closing the door behind him.

"How'd all our stuff get here?" Moon raised an eyebrow.

"The TARDIS stopped by our room," Adhara said sitting down, still a bit dizzy. "She opened her door, I knew she doesn't just open so I figured something was up. I was able to get everything in before we went out to look for you."

"Are you guys okay?" Jake asked, putting a hand on Adhara's shouler.

"Just dizzy," Lorenzo smiled. "But we'll be fine. Thank you."

Jake smirked and nodded before going back to Moon.

The Doctor was silent, pulling the levers and pressing the buttons, with a rattle the TARDIS reached its destination. He walked to the door and sighed before turning around.
"I think it's best if I never return," he finally spoke.

"What?!" Moon and Noah shouted, shocked.

"Every time I visit you two, danger follows," he played with his screwdriver in his hands as he thought, "Cybermen, the Daleks, Atrocitas, and the Daleks once more. I have put your lives at risk too many times..."

"But isn't that the whole point?" Noah got closer, "adventures with The Doctor? Danger at every corner, coming out victorious?"

"It would be irresponsible if I continued to lead you to peril every time I get the urge to see you two," The Doctor teared up slightly, he looked at Jake and smiled. "Take care of her, you're a good man."

Jake nodded, but couldn't help to feel emotional about the goodbye.
"I will."

"Doctor," Moon frowned, "our lives without you are so empty. We don't want to simply survive, we want to live. To be without you would be to die slowly."

"You always know what to say, Sinclair," The Doctor looked down, "please don't wait for me."

Moon felt choked up, she ran to The Doctor and hugged him tight, he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and for once he held her close to him, like he used to do before he changed.

Adhara sniffled and looked away, she motioned for everyone to grab their things and go, leaving the two alone.

"I don't care what you say, Doctor," Moon sobbed, "I'll always wait for you, I'll always be looking for you. Please don't let it be in vain." The Doctor kissed the top of her head before leading her out and closing the door, the TARDIS began to groan and fade. "DOCTOR!" Moon shouted, but the TARDIS vanished.

She fell on her knees, sobs shaking her body as she held herself.
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net

Sound of Destruction :: Doctor Who FanFic
Page 1 of 1