Pens&Needles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founded: Sept. 19th, 2010

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Angel Chao 2 Welcome to Pens&Needles! Angel Chao 2

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexandrov Prince
Kaez's Cousin
Administrator
Alexandrov Prince

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story  Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story    Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story  EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Elizabeth stared as the flames of the fire danced before her eyes, within them she could see the vague faces of her friends, the death of loved ones, spells raging, strong enough to make the flame turn a shade of green.

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story  Tumblr_od3pc7IL551sschcpo1_500

The feeling of his lips upon her neck broke her focus, Charlie traced from her collarbone to the back of her ear, “what troubles you?”

“Tomorrow,” she heard herself whisper. At 22, she’d experienced more than the average witch or wizard, she was an Alexandrov by birth, and with it came a long history. She’d felt fear before, but none as potent.
She thought about her friends, and the family members she’ll lose fighting the following day, tears began to fill her eyes.
“Charlie, what if we’re not strong enough?”

Charles Weasley sat next to Eliza, starring intensely into the fire.
“We cannot afford to think that way. Your father said we’re on the right path, to just be patient.”

Eliza wiped a tear from her cheek, “my father also predicted many casualties, people we love will die.” She turned to face him, the tears now falling freely, “what if it’s you? Or Fred? Clarisse would be destroyed.”

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story  FrayedDarkDarwinsfox-size_restricted

Charlie quickly brought her into his arms, embracing the woman he loved. Holding her there, she could hear his heartbeat and feel the warmth of his skin. “What do you foresee happening?”

Eliza stifled a giggle, “you know I can’t.”

“Humor me.”

She closed her eyes, speaking from the heart, “Voldemort will fall, but there’ll be a great cost.  Before the Dark Lord is to fall, we too shall know great sorrows.”

Charles leaned in, placing a soft kiss on her lips, “is it all darkness?” he asked.

She lifted her head to look into Charlie’s blue eyes, “I suppose it isn’t, he will be defeat, an era of peace will prosper.”

Charles reached behind himself, grabbing the small box he’d set down moments ago. “Then perhaps let us celebrate now,” he opened the box, revealing a ring with a stone of amber, the color so vibrant it looked as if fire lived within. “Elizabeth Cassiopeia Alexandrov, will you marry me?”

Eliza's gaze didn’t shift from the amber stone, while the words echoed in her head, “are you being serious?”

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story  53fc0001ee71c4a72e6d5d29941921ee

Charlie was taken back, “not exactly the reaction I was expecting,” he scratched the back of his head.

“No, I-“

“No?” He quickly jumped in.

“No! Not no, yes, but,” Eliza took a deep breath, “my answer isn’t no, but are you doing this because we might die tomorrow?”

The confusion in his face was obvious, “why would that matter?” He crossed his leg, ending the physical touch between them.

“I don’t want you to feel obligated to do this, I know marriage was never a part of your plan.” Eliza reached for the small ring box, gazing once more at the fires within the stone. “I want you to be sure this is what you want. So,” she handed the ring back to him, “ask me again tomorrow after we’ve won and we’ve both survived.”

Charlie contemplated, his gaze shifting between the ring and Eliza. “Tomorrow, and then forever.” He smiled at her.

“Tomorrow, and then forever,” she echoed.
He pulled her close, and into a deep kiss.
Back to top Go down
http://pensandneedles.secrets-stories.net/

Tomorrow, and then Forever :: DTAC Short Story
Page 1 of 1